forum

is that normal ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KanoSet
whenever i spin fast with my tablet - wacom ctl 490 - it doesn't make perfect circles
hi

it's like angle snapping.. i'm not sure if tablets have that
it doesn't bother me that much but it won't hurt to ask
KupcaH
idk
Endaris
Your tablet does have an infinite polling rate, right?
chainpullz
Your hand isn't moving in a perfect circle so I don't see why you are confused by this?
Paneiru

chainpullz wrote:

Your hand isn't moving in a perfect circle so I don't see why you are confused by this?
If you look closely to the lines he pointed out with arrows, you can see that the curves consists of multiple straight lines.
Yolshka
I have a huion h420
mine does the same i think

checked with mouse too although on a stupidly high dpi , not my usual 800.

i wonder if that's a problem but I don' think so.
chainpullz

Paneiru wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

If you look closely to the lines he pointed out with arrows, you can see that the curves consists of multiple straight lines.
That's what paint does when your cursor teleports between points every 7ms. It's called polling rate :^)

Did you think tablets worked by magic or something?
Topic Starter
KanoSet

chainpullz wrote:

That's what paint does when your cursor teleports between points every 7ms. It's called polling rate :^)
explain more pls why there is straight lines instead of fully circle shapes cuz that doesn't rly clarify anything

Yolshka wrote:

I have a huion h420
mine does the same i think

checked with mouse too although on a stupidly high dpi , not my usual 800.

i wonder if that's a problem but I don' think so.
it's not much of a problem tho but i thought tablet were meant to be more accurate cuz of absolute positioning.. maybe what chainpullz meant that cuz i was moving the cursor too fast ?
it's normal to see that with mice at high dpi tho

Endaris wrote:

Your tablet does have an infinite polling rate, right?
i guess that's back up that i was moving the cursor too fast or you was being serious idk

Edit: on a side not i actually noticed that while spinning on some map and draw while spinning