forum

IGZ ST #2 [DONE]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Mappool up now in the OP! Still looking for couple of Referees/Streamer!
Chappy
EOS YEEES LEEZ GO! So hype with this mappool!!! 8-)
dekay
players from Americas play on later times.
By this you mean 22:00 UTC, right?
golden pepe
Player Name: golden pepe
Current Rank: 52k
Nationality: United States
Scarlet Evans
What is this mappool!? :3 So many beautiful songs at the same time!! <3 <3 I can't wait to play!
This will be so fun! :D

Well, I also have few questions about the rules :)

- Failed score does NOT count
When someone fails a map and revives, then his score is not acknowledged as a ranked score. It doesn't count as a pass or anything like that.
Many tournaments allow players to revive and keep playing anyway, so as your rules aren't clear on this one, the question is:
How do you define a "Failed Score"?
The score that is failed at the end of the match? Or the score, when failing is enough, as even after reviving the score is not considered as a pass?
Would be glad, if you could precise this one, as currently it's unknown what exactly do you mean and what happens, when someone revives :)

- After disconnecting player has 10mins to reconnect, if he fails to do so, will the match be marked as 0-3 loss
Isn't this a little unfair? I mean, if someone is winning 2-0 and disconnects, shouldn't he lose as 2-3? He loses anyway, why would you also want to take the legitimately gained points from him? It makes looking at brackets later on very unclear. You remember someone gaining 1 or 2 points, then he suddenly have zero?
It's just my opinion, but maybe to not make unnecessary chaos and obscuring the results afterwards, wouldn't it be better to simply make the non-disconnected player a winner, while keeping the other player's score?

- For FreeMod both players must pick atleast one mod (HR/HD/FL)
What about NF, SO and EZ? The score penalty is enough for most of players to not use them, but any valid reason to allow only HR/HD/FL mods? It's more fun, if you can pick aforementioned mods too! Remember -GN playing UTA on EZ "like a boss" in one of the tournaments? <3
Also, if someone feels confident in FCing a map, but for some reason don't want to bother with spinning, especially on maps like the tiebreaker with 9 spinners, wouldn't it be okay to allow for SO? He gets punished by lowering his score anyway and I think it's quite fair.
It's just a suggestion. It's your tournament and you're free to make any rules, so feel free to simply say NO. I only thing that it would be a good idea :)

- Tournament is open for players of 50k-100k rank, however if player goes below 50k is he/she still allowed to take part aslong as his/her rank doesnt go below 45k AT ANY POINT OF TOURNAMENT.
So, if someone is +50k rank and he/she happens to FC few songs during a matches, which results in going below 45k, then even if performing so good was to result in winning the match, the player will be penalized instead and excluded from further participation?
In other words, players around 50k are forced to not perform too good and miss/sliderbreak on purpose, if needed, to avoid going below 45k, which kind of destroy the fun from playing the tournament?
I know that it's something rarely seen, but still very possible, especially if someone likes to train maps offline, to not show his weak and strong points to his opponent.

- In case of three-way tie in decider, the decider winner will be chosen by the following
1.Decider Map W/L
2.Groupstage Map W/L
3.Higher Osu! rank
Judging players simply by rank is something that many people try to fight with. It's really unfair to judge someone and give him free win, only because he or she was to have more PP, especially if the difference if very small.
osu! is a game, when mostly skill matters, but you can still farm points to some extend. I think that especially tournaments are meant to be a competitive contest, where your skill and performance matters utmost and the win is not determined by your time played, ranks gained, number of #1 scores or some other arbitrary criteria.

Wouldn't it be better, in case of 1. and 2. not giving a winner, to simply play one more maps and determine the winner by the score, or something like this?
golden pepe

Scarlet Evans wrote:

So, if someone is +50k rank and he/she happens to FC few songs during a matches, which results in going below 45k, then even if performing so good was to result in winning the match, the player will be penalized instead and excluded from further participation?
In other words, players around 50k are forced to not perform too good and miss/sliderbreak on purpose, if needed, to avoid going below 45k, which kind of destroy the fun from playing the tournament?
I know that it's something rarely seen, but still very possible, especially if someone likes to train maps offline, to not show his weak and strong points to his opponent.
Topic Starter
Tebz188

dekay wrote:

players from Americas play on later times.
By this you mean 22:00 UTC, right?
Last 3 groups(the groups which americans mainly will occupy) start at 19:45 UTC. Remember that Sundays Knockoutstage matches start at 12:00-13:00 UTC NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE FROM.
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Oh so many Questions :P I'll try to answer them all

Scarlet Evans wrote:

What is this mappool!? :3 So many beautiful songs at the same time!! <3 <3 I can't wait to play!
This will be so fun! :D

Well, I also have few questions about the rules :)

- Failed score does NOT count
When someone fails a map and revives, then his score is not acknowledged as a ranked score. It doesn't count as a pass or anything like that.
Many tournaments allow players to revive and keep playing anyway, so as your rules aren't clear on this one, the question is:
How do you define a "Failed Score"?
The score that is failed at the end of the match? Or the score, when failing is enough, as even after reviving the score is not considered as a pass?
Would be glad, if you could precise this one, as currently it's unknown what exactly do you mean and what happens, when someone revives :)
Reviving is allowed, there is also a part that says:
MPLink has the final say
, this means that the score MPlink picks up, is the final score.

- After disconnecting player has 10mins to reconnect, if he fails to do so, will the match be marked as 0-3 loss
Isn't this a little unfair? I mean, if someone is winning 2-0 and disconnects, shouldn't he lose as 2-3? He loses anyway, why would you also want to take the legitimately gained points from him? It makes looking at brackets later on very unclear. You remember someone gaining 1 or 2 points, then he suddenly have zero?
It's just my opinion, but maybe to not make unnecessary chaos and obscuring the results afterwards, wouldn't it be better to simply make the non-disconnected player a winner, while keeping the other player's score?
Maps won don't really matter for how many points you score, A win is a win, and a loss is a loss, no matter is it a 3-0 or 3-2. Since the groups is a Double-elim. there is no points. If this happens in a decider, where the winner of the group only goes forward, we'll be looking into this at more case-by-case basis.

- For FreeMod both players must pick atleast one mod (HR/HD/FL)
What about NF, SO and EZ? The score penalty is enough for most of players to not use them, but any valid reason to allow only HR/HD/FL mods? It's more fun, if you can pick aforementioned mods too! Remember -GN playing UTA on EZ "like a boss" in one of the tournaments? <3
Also, if someone feels confident in FCing a map, but for some reason don't want to bother with spinning, especially on maps like the tiebreaker with 9 spinners, wouldn't it be okay to allow for SO? He gets punished by lowering his score anyway and I think it's quite fair.
It's just a suggestion. It's your tournament and you're free to make any rules, so feel free to simply say NO. I only thing that it would be a good idea :)
no, won't happen. Even if it would, players would still be required to pick either HR/HD/FL.

E: There is no point allowing SO since it does nothing "Lets you rest when there is a spinner" if you really want to rest... don't take part in a tournament, it's for competitive people, there is no point allowing NF since it's just -50% points and nothing else. EZ maybe as it's own mod pool, other than that, no.

- Tournament is open for players of 50k-100k rank, however if player goes below 50k is he/she still allowed to take part aslong as his/her rank doesnt go below 45k AT ANY POINT OF TOURNAMENT.
I know that it's something rarely seen, but still very possible, especially if someone likes to train maps offline, to not show his weak and strong points to his opponent.¨
Never happened before, + you won't be going up by 5k ranks in 2 days if you're playing in a tournament.
- In case of three-way tie in decider, the decider winner will be chosen by the following
1.Decider Map W/L
2.Groupstage Map W/L
3.Higher Osu! rank
Judging players simply by rank is something that many people try to fight with. It's really unfair to judge someone and give him free win, only because he or she was to have more PP, especially if the difference if very small.
osu! is a game, when mostly skill matters, but you can still farm points to some extend. I think that especially tournaments are meant to be a competitive contest, where your skill and performance matters utmost and the win is not determined by your time played, ranks gained, number of #1 scores or some other arbitrary criteria.

Wouldn't it be better, in case of 1. and 2. not giving a winner, to simply play one more maps and determine the winner by the score, or something like this?
Time, there needs to be some way of deciding the outcome that doesn't push the schedule even further. We already seed players by their rank, this isn't any more unfair than that, sure there are farmers, but you won't end up in this kind of situation if you actually are a better player than him.

Hopefully that cleared some of the questions.
Rosilius
Player Name: Rosilius
Current Rank: ~86k
Nationality: American
Troll Face
Player name: Kizmah
Nationality: Estonian
CRANBERRY KING
Would really like to take part

Name: CRANBERRY KING
Current Rank: 56,249(for now)
Nationality: Singaporean
Hasert
Player Name: Hasert
Current Rank: #93689
Nationality: Malaysia
Fragmented
When is the schedule going to be out? After the registration ends?
Synergyze
To clarify: Saturday = 10:00 AM UTC and Sunday = 12:00 PM UTC yes?
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Synergyze wrote:

To clarify: Saturday = 10:00 AM UTC and Sunday = 12:00 PM UTC yes?
Yes
Topic Starter
Tebz188

CharmCaster wrote:

When is the schedule going to be out? After the registration ends?

As usual
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Updated participantlist+added stafflist, still need 1/2 refs to ease the work for current ones.
Siroku5150
Am i able to change the time for the matches if i cant make it? NZ time is 12 hours + GMT im just worried that the match will start too early or too late for me in the day
DreiAmoebe
Player Name: DreiAmoebe
Current Rank: ~66k
Nationality: Germany
Scarlet Evans
I found out that I will need to go to my hometown this weekend :( :cry:

I won't be able to play then, so as the registration is still on, I am telling this before hand, to not give you the trouble later.
Sorry for inconvenience... maybe some other time I will be able to play.

Good luck everyone and have fun! :)
Topic Starter
Tebz188

RyShiroku wrote:

Am i able to change the time for the matches if i cant make it? NZ time is 12 hours + GMT im just worried that the match will start too early or too late for me in the day
The schedule is really compressed, so that will not be possible.
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I found out that I will need to go to my hometown this weekend :( :cry:

I won't be able to play then, so as the registration is still on, I am telling this before hand, to not give you the trouble later.
Sorry for inconvenience... maybe some other time I will be able to play.

Good luck everyone and have fun! :)
Understood
- Kielzu -
School added a school day on a saturday.

I won't be able to play either, as I am required to attend my classes. I'll have to drop out of the tournament and sorry for the trouble.

GLHF To the participants out there!
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Ran first rank check, aswell as updated participant list. IF your name was taken off from the list the reason was that you broke a rule (wen't under 50k during registration period.).
Fragmented
Will this still be in the mappool since the map got deleted..... :O

Topic Starter
Tebz188

CharmCaster wrote:

Will this still be in the mappool since the map got deleted..... :O

I will upload a mappack that including that map. Thanks for the heads up.

E: Mappack in OP.
Siroku5150

tbag188 wrote:

RyShiroku wrote:

The schedule is really compressed, so that will not be possible.
ok so do players from Oceania(Australia and New Zealand) play on early times or later times?
Topic Starter
Tebz188

RyShiroku wrote:

ok so do players from Oceania(Australia and New Zealand) play on early times or later times?
Asian+Oceanian players play in the first groups that start 10:00 UTC
Topic Starter
Tebz188
2 hours untill registration closes!
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Registration is OVER now, Groups will be released in few hours.
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Schedule up in op
Trick Witch

tbag188 wrote:

Schedule up in op
can i please get a link? I can't find it.
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Dimension Witch wrote:

tbag188 wrote:

Schedule up in op
can i please get a link? I can't find it.
says "SCHEDULE" just in the top of OP in bold
Phx
:( I just found out I have an appointment and can't play. Sorry :/
Siroku5150
sorry i think this might be too late i just realized that i wont be able to make it since the time is too late for me
please remove me from the list
thank you
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Half an hour to go before first matches!
mihcos
What's the stream link ?
Topic Starter
Tebz188

mihcos wrote:

What's the stream link ?
There will not be a stream, couldn't find a streamer with stable enough internet in time.
Fragmented
HYPE~!
Knakworst
good luck everybody
:D
show more