forum

contact lenses?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
c-atsuit
not entirely sure this is the correct forum for this, but im gonna post it here anyways. i have astigmatism and nearsightedness and i wear contact lenses for astigmatism, and for almost the entire time ive been playing osu they have bothered me. i have to blink every few seconds otherwise they will start shifting out of place and then my vision will get all blurry. does anyone else with contacts experience this problem? because its really annoying, like i have to time my blinking so i dont blink during like a jump or something hard to aim and miss lol.
deletemyaccount

c-atsuit wrote:

not entirely sure this is the correct forum for this, but im gonna post it here anyways. i have astigmatism and nearsightedness and i wear contact lenses for astigmatism, and for almost the entire time ive been playing osu they have bothered me. i have to blink every few seconds otherwise they will start shifting out of place and then my vision will get all blurry. does anyone else with contacts experience this problem? because its really annoying, like i have to time my blinking so i dont blink during like a jump or something hard to aim and miss lol.
Is it possible for you to pick up a pair of glasses to use when you're at home?
cukornicka
I have the same problem. If I blink, I miss a note or two. If I don't blink for a minute or so, then my vision gets blurry and I can't see properly and miss again. I can't play with contact lens therefore I always switch to glasses before I play osu!. And I suggest you do the same.
BTW, my guess is they dry out on the surface. I don't think the astigmatism plays any role here. Rotated lens cause a very specific blur in two directions/angles (you might experience it right after you put the lens into yor eyes), but this blur is generic can't-see-anything blur. ;)
based god lil b
why would you choose contacts over a pair of glasses?
TakuMii
I have 20/20 vision and I still wear glasses when I play osu
Endie-
Contacts are horrible when playing osu!. I would recommend some glasses
Snow901
Get a pair of gunnars and you will never have problems with eyes drying out again; you can even get them with medication in the lens directly from their website
Ohrami

YayMii wrote:

are you fuckin nuts?
TakuMii

Ohrami wrote:

YayMii wrote:

are you fuckin nuts?
I didn't say they were prescription glasses :roll:
Luqanted
try wearing glasses and it might help.