forum

GPU

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yolshka
So my video card died recently and I was trying to figure out why.
I used to have a Radeon 5570 which completely died.
I don't actually knowwhat happened but I was unable to boot my computer It just wouldn't turn on.
I had someone check it for me, and from what I understood he took out the graphics card and it worked again because it's was just crap.I saw the process with my eyes though.
I'm not competent in this.
Right now i have an nvidia 8800gt i think.
He mentioned a few possibilites for that, the card being old, dust, overheating.
I play unlimited could that cause problems? Because the video card is pretty much rip,and I'd like to avoid that from happening again, I play on unlimited so that I get that sweet low ms thing, and you get a bunch of fps this way, though I don't know how many I get specifically.
But ive seen people mentioning that is actually bad for your computer.
I don't know the what the temperature is while playing, how do I check that?

I posted this here and not the Help section, since there isn't really anything to fix, but I'd like to hear some opinions.
KanoSet
osu doesn't use that much of the gpu.. it's more of a cpu based i believe correct me if i'm wrong pls
even with the intel 4000 HD which is basically what you get with the cpu like the vga port on your motherboard nad i hit 750 fps with average of 1.2~1.6 ms
and you can't even call that a graphic card so dw
just to be safe you set a custom fps limiter.. maybe set it to 1000 or even more if you want
ppy said once that unlimited fps drains much cpu usage but didn't say anything about the gpu iirc

tl;dr you'll be fine dw.. osu can run on a potato
Topic Starter
Yolshka
hmm alright
i was worried because it could be overheating or something, but maybe that's more of a problem with other games, I didn't specifically mention osu!
but it could have been a coincidence too
;)
timemon
Do you have integrated graphics? If you have one it's more than enough for osu.

My Intel HD outperforms my GPU on osu! by MILES. (well my laptop GPU is kinda shit)
Yuudachi-kun
I went from 400 fps unlimited with my apu to 1600 with my 750ti

please buy ok gpu
timemon

Khelly wrote:

I went from 400 fps unlimited with my apu to 1600 with my 750ti

please buy ok gpu
My GPU is half as good as yours (GTX 950M)
Laptop GPUs are really bad compared to desktop.

I get about 1200 fps with my Intel HD which is more than enough.

Edit: o yea OP has a desktop lol I thought you were talking about laptops
Topic Starter
Yolshka
Hmm i thought it was pretty good, not as good as the previous one of course.
But really I was only curious about whether playing unlimited could hurt your card, or computer.
Thanks for the answers!
Rurree
Pls

Mine is GT940M and it's perfectly fine.