forum

[Taiko] New PP/Star Rating Calculator

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dewero
Hello everyone, and welcome to my attempt at revising the Taiko pp/star rating algorithms

You can use the button to select the .osu file, or type in the filepath yourself. You can also select what mods to use, and type in a specific score (or leave all options blank to use the defaults)

Details of the implementation can be found on the github page here:

https://github.com/NotMichaelChen/TDA

Downloads can be found on the releases page here:

https://github.com/NotMichaelChen/TDA/releases

Note that Star Rating calculations have only been roughly tuned so far, and that the PP algorithm is unchanged right now. Feedback for how to tune the program would be greatly appreciated. For now, enjoy.
OzzyOzrock
Will this rate Gezo's maps 20* as he expects? We'll find out
CelegaS
I tried for ctb, and it's funny to have 75* for a 6.2* with actual rating.
I had some strange issue like a 1.58 * 10^16 stars map (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/833786&m=2)
If you need tester I can try to help you :)
Topic Starter
dewero
Haha sorry, this isn't a CTB calculator, this is a Taiko only calculator. I took a break from working on my ctb calculator and made this. Thanks for the offer though
CelegaS

dewero wrote:

Haha sorry, this isn't a CTB calculator, this is a Taiko only calculator. I took a break from working on my ctb calculator and made this. Thanks for the offer though
My bad I wasn't clear, I compiled the CTB calculator to see if it was good, I don't really play taiko so i can't really help for taiko (and not interested in taiko).

I have just one problem, when i launch the program, Double.Parse thrown an exception because in french a number with a dot instead a comma is an invalid syntax x). I fixed for ctb because i wanted to see the SR :) but you'll need to fix it on your computer hf (for taiko & ctb).

And in ctb you can catch 2 fruit at the same time but in your calculator overrate those fruit when they are possible (i have 10^33 stars for the aspire by monstrata).
Topic Starter
dewero
Ah ok. The CTB calculator isn't really as good as I'd like it to be right now, but I appreciate the help

Double.Parse thrown an exception because in french a number with a dot instead a comma is an invalid syntax
Could you specify what you mean? Alternatively you could fork the repository and commit the changes so I can merge it into master

And in ctb you can catch 2 fruit at the same time but in your calculator overrate those fruit when they are possible
Yea I haven't gotten around to addressing this yet, I made the assumption that fruits appear consecutively in a beatmap, and it has caused some trouble in certain beatmaps. I'm not sure how I want to rate those yet (For example, if two fruits appear at the same time but are impossible to catch together, what should I rate that?)

i have 10^33 stars for the aspire by monstrata
The CTB calculator doesn't actually return a star rating, but more of a "difficulty rating" that I'm going to scale into stars later on. I modified the program a lot so the numbers were going up and down, but I was planning on scaling the numbers once I had a good algorithm. Unfortunately I got stuck :cry:

Anyways, this thread is for the taiko pp calculator, so I'd like to keep the discussion about that program. My friend set up a discord if you want to discuss the ctb program more, I've pm'd you the link
Yuzeyun

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Will this rate Gezo's maps 20* as he expects? We'll find out
if it rates lustcore 3 inner as it should be im ok
(5.44 is retarded)
Topic Starter
dewero
If you're talking about this, then:

LUSTCORE 3, Inner Oni
Star Rating: 4.95019282464306*
PP: 266.70035601019

And as always:

Note that Star Rating calculations have only been roughly tuned so far, and that the PP algorithm is unchanged right now. Feedback for how to tune the program would be greatly appreciated.
Mr Meeseeks_old_1
Thanks a lot for the effort you put into this. A few questions
1. Do you just specify what diffculty by typing it in [ ] after the map name?
2. Do I need file extensions enabled? I dragged the map into the same folder but the program can't find the map
Yuzeyun
THATS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS THAN EVER

here's a map i can SS

LC3? Anything except that mate. Can barely pull off 50 misses.
Topic Starter
dewero

Mr Meeseeks wrote:

Thanks a lot for the effort you put into this. A few questions
1. Do you just specify what diffculty by typing it in [ ] after the map name?
2. Do I need file extensions enabled? I dragged the map into the same folder but the program can't find the map
1. The specific difficulty should just be the .osu file itself, since each difficulty is one .osu file. When you copy the .osu file, the name should be something like "toby fox - Spider Dance (OzzyOzrock) [Oni].osu". Then to run the program you type something like this into the console (with quotes)

TDA "toby fox - Spider Dance (OzzyOzrock) [Oni].osu"

2. You need to specify the .osu at the end of the file, regardless if you have file extensions enabled or not

_Gezo_ wrote:

THATS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS THAN EVER

here's a map i can SS

LC3? Anything except that mate. Can barely pull off 50 misses.
*ahem*

Star Rating calculations have only been roughly tuned so far... Feedback for how to tune the program would be greatly appreciated.
Simply posting how ridiculous/poorly the calculator rates a map doesn't help at all with making the program any better. Instead, you could make some effort to help by detailing why this rating is bad, and what parts of the map the calculator may be over/under rating.
Yuzeyun
It's almost literally the same as the original, except with a scale down, for maps like that

Do you want me to post an issue in the repo? The main difference between those two maps is:
LC3 Inner : 280 BPM, no more than quintuplets 1/4.
NO77 Inner: 180 BPM, but slightly streamy.

Objectively, such a huge difference in BPM should have higher repercussions in difficulty - because no one in the world has actual infinite stamina, and it depletes faster at higher speeds (I could play 200 BPM for very long with breaks, but start hitting 240, I'm in pain after a few minutes.)

Also on another note, I suggest to have a prompt to select a map and load it, then ask options afterhand. This is roughly the same thing as you'd do, except you will take away the hassle of opening a cmd, typing in the command (and possibily extremely long file names). It is more convenient this way.

I am not really able to go in depth with the code as I need to make a clean install again for VS2015 - had a lot of trouble with loading anything I built somehow. I hope these points will, at least, give you an idea on how to fix it.
Topic Starter
dewero
Objectively, such a huge difference in BPM should have higher repercussions in difficulty - because no one in the world has actual infinite stamina, and it depletes faster at higher speeds (I could play 200 BPM for very long with breaks, but start hitting 240, I'm in pain after a few minutes.)
Interesting. I had (mistakingly) assumed that difficulty from density should cap after a certain amount of time, but it seems that high constant density should increase in difficulty over time. I'll look into this more

Also on another note, I suggest to have a prompt to select a map and load it, then ask options afterhand. This is roughly the same thing as you'd do, except you will take away the hassle of opening a cmd, typing in the command (and possibily extremely long file names). It is more convenient this way.
Got it. I'll work on this

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. By the way, in your opinion what star ratings do you think LC3 and NO77 should have respectively?
Yuzeyun

dewero wrote:

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. By the way, in your opinion what star ratings do you think LC3 and NO77 should have respectively?
LC3, as per the current rating we have, should be a lower-to-middle 6 (due to 280 BPM mainly) while NO77 could be a I-level map, borderline X.
Topic Starter
dewero
New GUI has been added to the program, go check it out!

On another note, I haven't made any revisions to the star rating calculator yet. This is because I haven't thought up of a good way to calculate stamina yet (which is the issue that _Gezo_ brought up with LC3), and I wanted to release the GUI first. So, if anybody has any suggestions on how to calculate stamina, I would love to hear them.
Yuzeyun
>tfw this happens

I wanted to try it :'(
Topic Starter
dewero
Did you install GTK# from here?

And while the GUI is nice to play with, I still haven't modified the star rating algorithm yet. Still haven't figured out how I want to calculate stamina...
Mayuzumi Sayaka
tfw only crashes