forum

Looking for help with my new tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Mha -
So I just got a tablet and I can't seem to know how to use it, it's a intuos ctl 490 can someone guide me please
I could do 3.5* with mouse but i can't even do easy maps with this. I know that the ctl 480 is better but i couldnt find it here.
I downloaded the latest driver and what's next do I hover or drag the pen and should I keep my sensitivity 1 or do i change it? any advice is appreciated
Jukkii
put on raw input and keep sens at 1. it will take some time to get adjusted to play with it so dont worry.
you can either drag or hover, its preference.
if you want, you can change the area of the tablet from the drivers, if you make it smaller you need to move your hand less to reach a certain point (basically cursor moves faster) but youll have less control
Topic Starter
- Mha -

-Jukke- wrote:

put on raw input and keep sens at 1. it will take some time to get adjusted to play with it so dont worry.
you can either drag or hover, its preference.
if you want, you can change the area of the tablet from the drivers, if you make it smaller you need to move your hand less to reach a certain point (basically cursor moves faster) but youll have less control
do you use a smaller active area or do you use the whole thing personally?
Jukkii
i use a smaller active area, even tho it isnt that much smaller
Topic Starter
- Mha -

-Jukke- wrote:

i use a smaller active area, even tho it isnt that much smaller
can you screen shot (sorry) xD
and do you personally hover or drag
Jukkii
a screenshot form the driver wouldnt be accurate to what i actually use to play.
and i hover, as its a lot faster and i dont want friction slowing me down and i dont need to get replacement pen nibs
PUR3
with the ctl490 you need to press the nib in with some adhesive tape so the tablet/driver thinks you are dragging while you are hovering.

there is some smoothing active while hovering that cant be turned off (sucks).

i use a 5cm x 3cm active area
b3s1r

PUR3 wrote:

with the ctl490 you need to press the nib in with some adhesive tape so the tablet/driver thinks you are dragging while you are hovering.

there is some smoothing active while hovering that cant be turned off (sucks).
I haven't noticed any smothing on my ctl490. Are you sure about that? Could be a Windows fuinktion.

-Jukke- wrote:

a screenshot form the driver wouldnt be accurate to what i actually use to play.
I can give you my area:

I wouldn'd recoment playing anything larger than that because I have problems reaching the upper left and lower right corners when I'm not warmed up.
Jukkii
you shouldnt recommend what someone else should use by your own problems, plenty of people can reach everywhere on their tablet easily.
the only thing you shouldnt use is an area so small that it skips pixels, anything bigger than that is ok to use
b3s1r
I haven't noticed any smothing on my ctl490. Are you sure about that? Could be a Windows fuinktion.
Just tried the tape thing out and holy shit the difference is HUGE!
thx PUR3, I had no idea.
PUR3

b3s1r wrote:

Just tried the tape thing out and holy shit the difference is HUGE!
thx PUR3, I had no idea.

np m9