forum

am i really good?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mizuki-chan
just wanted to know am i really considered good in improvement/playing at all???
im asking because already some players told me that i would improve fast AF... or something like "wow mizuki-chan, you are skyrocketing" in multi bla bla bla
im playing this game for about 3 months now with about few days break from game here and there...i just think that people just want to be nice when saying something like that, because there arent soooo many active osu players? its not only people in ranks >#100k range , there are also players in like #5k range telling me.

im at about ~#22k right now and i think im rather considered "average" than "omfg pro"
and im actually pretty bad in reading because i rarely can sightread FC any 5*+ map and when i watch other players they are REALLY good compared to me,
so please be honest and give me your thoughts of it :D

edit: i also still suck at streaming, i cant really stream with good acc when its more than 180 bpm...
edit2: i also suck in using mods like DT or HD, never really tried HR because i wanted to wait with AR10
Jukkii
no.
instead of looking at months, look at play time, theres a lot of people who have played 2 years who have ~200 hours play time.
lets compare mine and yours, you are better than me by ~200pp with 11 less hours than me, and i think my improvement is pretty slow. so for your amount of playing id say youre average
N0thingSpecial
I'm shit you're shit everyone is shit, it doesn't matter, click circles and enjoy game
Topic Starter
mizuki-chan
aah YES! you are right, i think many people look just at the graph then!
but is playtime really ONLY counted when playing? or does it still count when idle on menu or paused at a map?

however its nice to read something what i can believe without doubts
N0thingSpecial
Play time counts when you load a song a start clicking ze circles, afk doesn't count, Editor doesn't count either
Mortal
Hmmm I don´t now what to consider good now but if I had to say something related to pp I would say 5000pp

Btw this is about improving. You can be good but there will be someone better than you, so, if you are playing competitive, the next thing you need to do is improve your skill to continue growing
Topic Starter
mizuki-chan

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play time counts when you load a song a start clicking ze circles, afk doesn't count, Editor doesn't count either
thanks for clarify that

MortalStriker wrote:

Hmmm I don´t now what to consider good now but if I had to say something related to pp I would say 5000pp

Btw this is about improving. You can be good but there will be someone better than you, so, if you are playing competitive, the next thing you need to do is improve your skill to continue growing
i think so too, but i dont want to play super competitive. its just nice to see improvement and i just want to hear different oppinions.
mulraf
personally i'd also say you're improving pretty fast. like i have double the playtime and just like 4k ranks more and i consider myself as improving rather slow.
i have to note that i dislike those sorts of threads tho, they kinda feel complacent to me :x
Topic Starter
mizuki-chan

mulraf wrote:

personally i'd also say you're improving pretty fast. like i have double the playtime and just like 4k ranks more and i consider myself as improving rather slow.
i have to note that i dislike those sorts of threads tho, they kinda feel complacent to me :x
sorry about that...
but see it like this: from rank 100k to 80k goes easier than 50k to 40, so when your at about ~18k and me ~22k you are much further than me :)
Yuudachi-kun
Osutrack user Khelly

21 December 2014 - 21 March 2015

3469pp

This is more pp than you and with the added benefit of not having as many maps availible to get pp from

No you suck
gooder101
Honestly all those people have some problems with their self esteem.
Don't compare yourself with other people, compare what you could do months ago and what you can do now.
If you think you are good It's fine if you don't It's still the same.
For christ sake it is ONLY A GAME if you want to have fun you need to be positive about it.
pp doesn't matter unless you are some high 3 digits so don't use it as some sort of argument.
Everyone understands being good in some other way so frickin ask yourself AM I GOOD?
It's like this community is big group of bullied kids that are closed inside not letting anything positive to help them
have fun,cheers
Yolshka
mizuke-chan is cute though :D

and has more pp :cry:
vinnicci
chainpullz
I don't compare myself to people who play 6x as much as me. It's pointless. Of course if you spend that much time playing this game every week you will seemingly improve fast. Playtime/time is a far more useful metric to compare than total time played.
winber1
my toaster plays better than you, and it doesn't even toast
ithgyu
you doing better than the vast majority of people in this forum so they will cry and call you bad, keep working to improve and you will be a good player, it doesnt matter if they play less than you each day and if they are better proportionate to play time because that is fucking bullshit, the only thing that matters (in osu) is whether you can click circles better than them
Yuudachi-kun
How's dt coming along
ithgyu
getting faster actually
kurodahatsuharu
3 months 300+ hours. You have no life dude. Take a vacation.
Topic Starter
mizuki-chan

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

3 months 300+ hours. You have no life dude. Take a vacation.
if i had no life i would have 900 hours+ in that time.
raiguard
Holy crap. You started 3 months after I did and are 60k ranks above me, with a considerably higher amount of S ranks and ridiculously more play time. I consider myself to be pretty good, but compared to you I'm terrible. Don't worry about "being good" - you definitely are. ;)
Dre-
your ability to farm rank and actual skill arent tied there are a lot more farm maps now then there were a year ago you're about average.
Yuudachi-kun
This is how write got so much more pp than me so quickly
Dre-
we both know i can beat your aim 10 times over :^ )
Yuudachi-kun
speed and stamina
Paneiru

-Jukke- wrote:

no.
instead of looking at months, look at play time, theres a lot of people who have played 2 years who have ~200 hours play time.
lets compare mine and yours, you are better than me by ~200pp with 11 less hours than me, and i think my improvement is pretty slow. so for your amount of playing id say youre average
You should also consider that someone who continuously plays a lot in a short timeframe can improve faster. For example whenever I played, I only played in big bursts, like a few hours for 2-3 days, and would then stop playing for a few weeks. Every time I came back to the game it felt like I'd become extremely rusty, so I had to spend considerably more time on warming up and as well derusting. It honestly felt like a rollercoaster were I improved for a bit only to take a long break and then come back a lot worse. Now that I've had more time because of summer vacation, I've pumped in about 100 hours of playtime during the last 2 months.
ithgyu

Write wrote:

your ability to farm rank and actual skill arent tied there are a lot more farm maps now then there were a year ago you're about average.
look at his top plays, you know well that most of it is the same shit we farmed 2 years ago, hes doing better than average, you fail to realize that the average person is pretty shit
gooder101

II Jelli II wrote:

Write wrote:

look at his top plays, you know well that most of it is the same shit we farmed 2 years ago, hes doing better than average, you fail to realize that the average person is pretty shit
wow finally a sane person papa john bless you
show more