forum

Pen Grip for Sweaty Hands?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mashirasou
I seem to always have this issue when I'm playing that my grip on my pen will slip and change as i'm playing because I have very sweat hands even when not doing anything, so I would appreciate any suggestions for ways to hold my pen/things I could do to modify my pen to reduce the magnitude of this issue.
gooder101
Get some rubber bands or bandage, changing grip wont help,having those things on your pen will
Sayorie
Rubber bands suck. What I use are Salonpas medicated patches which I stick around the pen shaft, because it feels much better. Or you can apply anti-perspirant lotion on your palms before playing.
mizuki-chan
I had the same issue with my fingers and my pen grip is kinda weird (i think no one holds a pen that strange), however i just sticked some kind of tape around where i hold the pen with my fingers. It helped pretty much but nowadays i play without any tape just fine...just my tumb hurts AF after playing 1 or 2 hours because my tumb lies on one of those ends of the pen buttons and when i go try hard mode i put too much pressure on it :\
c-atsuit
rubber bands are good. i was really into that loom band craze a while ago so now i just have a crap ton of tiny rubber bands sitting around so theyre perfect for my pen
dung eater
https://www.google.fi/search?q=covering+pen+with+thread

some natural fiber sewing thread will give you a surface that feels very comfortable and doesn't slip
Snow901
I have this same problem and I hold the pen pretty much the same way as I hold a pencil. However, I've been having less trouble with this lately; I haven't done anything specific to address the problem, but I guess just keep practicing and the issue will go away eventually.
will never fc
Get some cheap rubber gloves, and it also depends (slightly) on your grip. If you pinch your pen as compared to letting it rest, it's much more durable.
Personally I got some rubber gloves from daiso and they work great~ In the past I bought these tiny rubber rings used for flipping pages to increase my grip, but the sizes are off and sometimes they don't work as effectively as I had planned.

Another way is a small fan lol.

Good luck!
-Pekka
I use a weird grip because of sweaty hands but it makes like an indent in my finger and it hurts a lot, kind of like getting your fingers slammed with a door, but obviously to a lesser degree, I'll try to stick something soft on my pen so It's less painful
pandaBee
Touch your pen softly
DXPOHIHIHI
Use powder
Fxjlk
uhg

necro pls
DXPOHIHIHI
2 years ago
Rubber bands suck. What I use are Salonpas medicated patches which I stick around the pen shaft, because it feels much better. Or you can apply anti-perspirant lotion on your palms before playing.
Salonpas makes my body sweaty ':( plus I don't think it's available opinion other countries