forum

[Archived] [Question] Why unnecessary account verification?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
787B
Problem Details:
Not much of a problem actually, I'm just completely tired of having to confirm my account every god damn time I want to make changes on my profile (avatar, signature, adding friends, etc) in a short period from one change to another. I just confirmed my account yesterday when changing avatar and today I had to do it again just to add one person. I understand safety concerns but seriously, this is a bit too much.

I like to browse osu on my phone a lot, so all this spam has something to do with accessing it on two different devices? I mean, I always used it before and it used to be completely fine. I'd appreciate a lot if someone could tell me what I could do to stop having to confirm my account every time I want to change something on it. Thanks.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Picture
I'm not even showing 2015 emails from this.

osu! version: 20160525.2
Dntm8kmeeatu
Using a different device or logging in from a different IP can trigger verification requests. By chance, Would you know if you had a Dynamic IP? People with these have many problems with verification because their IP changes often. I also don't know how phone service / internet works exactly. Don't know if that would cause more verification's or not.
Stefan

Moon Dancer wrote:

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Picture
I'm not even showing 2015 emails from this.
You find that's annoying?
Look at this
Yes, "Mai, Juni" and "Juli" means that what you think.

This mostly happens if I switch from phone -> PC and the opposite.
Topic Starter
787B

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Using a different device or logging in from a different IP can trigger verification requests. By chance, Would you know if you had a Dynamic IP? People with these have many problems with verification because their IP changes often. I also don't know how phone service / internet works exactly. Don't know if that would cause more verification's or not.
Definitely not Dynamic.

Stefan wrote:

You find that's annoying?
Look at this
Yes, "Mai, Juni" and "Juli" means that what you think.

This mostly happens if I switch from phone -> PC and the opposite.
My god. This has to stop.
Edit: I tried to remove the person I added a FEW minutes ago, and guess what, I have to confirm my account. I haven't accessed osu on my phone today so this may not have something to do with phone stuff at all.
Cookiedipp
I get the same issue fairly often. I had two right after another today when changing avatars and profile information. :o
I occasionally log into my account on a different computer so that may be what triggers it. Do you log on with any other computers?
Topic Starter
787B
No, I have only one computer. I thought it had to do with the phone because it was the only different device I logged in, but I'm almost sure now that something else can cause the trigger.
Pawsu
It probably is your phone. This used to happen to me a lot as well, but it seems to have died down. Using a VPN may cause this as well.
Topic Starter
787B
I really don't think so:

Moon Dancer wrote:

I tried to remove the person I added a FEW minutes ago, and guess what, I have to confirm my account. I haven't accessed osu on my phone today so this may not have something to do with phone stuff at all.
Plus I'm pretty sure I got this again without even touching my phone for about 2-3 days.