forum

Switching to mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asop
I've played with a tablet for the last three months about but have recently been having an issue that gives me a bit of unfix-able input lag with the tablet. I haven't been able to beat any of my scores from even a month ago in the last four or so days, not high ranking scores, literally any scores even 1/3 fc scores. I also feel like my pen aim has always been my weak point compared to my tapping, and I play mostly dt songs because I can't keep my cursor accurate on notes when I need to do so for a long time(low ar).

I also play CSGO on a competitive level (team just made ESEA Main this season for anyone that understands), so I've always kind of felt like my aim with the mouse would be better than my tablet aim if I were to get used to it since I already have really good mouse aim in fps games. Although I use really low sensitivity and 400dpi in those games so it ends up being almost all arm movement, which I don't know if that would translate to mostly wrist movement circle clicking. What mouse sensitivity is recommended in osu considering I'd be using 400 dpi?

My mouse aim right now in osu is really poor compared to my tablet though. Anyone think switching is plausible?
Jukkii
yes, you can switch to mouse.
however that aim wont come to CS since aiming in osu and in CS are two completely different things
KupcaH
Yes, you can switch to mouse, but keep in mind, at your level it won't be much difference between mouse and tablet, but when you go to 6*+ maps, it will be much easier with a tablet.
If you've got good aim in CS:GO, doesn't mean that your aim will be good at osu!, it's two completely different things as -Jukke- said.
And yeah, I'm using 500 dpi with 1x sens.
Topic Starter
Asop

KupcaH wrote:

Yes, you can switch to mouse, but keep in mind, at your level it won't be much difference between mouse and tablet, but when you go to 6*+ maps, it will be much easier with a tablet.
If you've got good aim in CS:GO, doesn't mean that your aim will be good at osu!, it's two completely different things as -Jukke- said.
And yeah, I'm using 500 dpi with 1x sens.
What makes the tablet easier than the mouse? How quickly you can change directions?
Jukkii
tablet isnt really "easier" than mouse, but it does have one advantage which is absolute positioning.
also the worlds highest * FC (8,4*) was done with mouse
KupcaH

_Asop wrote:

What makes the tablet easier than the mouse? How quickly you can change directions?
Again, as -Jukke- said, it's not really easier, but it got advantage. Absolute positioning helps a lot at back and forth jumps.
Also, mouse got thing called "mouse drift". So playing long songs without breaks, is very hard with a mouse. Especially, after many fullscreen jumps. (For me, at least)
Khm, I don't understand your question. What do you mean by how quickly I can change directions?

-Jukke- wrote:

also the worlds highest * FC (8,4*) was done with mouse
TV size's are not impressive. :^)
N0thingSpecial
If you believe hard enough you can.
OsuKyuua
I am playing with a mouse right now, but i have a tablet coming soon, and i feel like using the tablet for other stuff, since i've gotten so use to the mouse and jumps aren't that hard for me since muscle memory :^)
Altho sometimes i come up short, but with the tablet it would be easier, so i think you should try playing with your mouse and if that doesn't work out revert back to tablet.
Topic Starter
Asop

N0thingSpecial wrote:

If you believe hard enough you can.
ty it all makes sense now
mulraf

_Asop wrote:

Although I use really low sensitivity and 400dpi in those games so it ends up being almost all arm movement, which I don't know if that would translate to mostly wrist movement circle clicking. What mouse sensitivity is recommended in osu considering I'd be using 400 dpi?
completely depends on you. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 top mouse players and their settings. as you can see there are people like keigoclear with 3250 dpi and 1.07 sensitivity while there are others like cptnxn with 450 dpi and 0.89 sensitivity. just play however you like to. personally going with 1,2k dpi and 0.51 sensitivity. i tried going higher once because i thought it must be better once i get used to it since i can maneuver faster or something like that but i noticed very fast that well... it only sucked for me, so i just sticked to my usual playstyle.

and as the others said; you can definitely reach something as a mouse player, but it probably won't influence you (much) on other games and vice versa.
Fxjlk
Switch back to mouse, it will help your aim mechanics in other games. Keep the same DPI as other games so you don't have to worry about switching it.
Caenis
Fxjlk

_Asop wrote:

What makes the tablet easier than the mouse?
A mouse is heavier than tablet pen so lots of back and forth movements take less effort
Jukkii
no.
mouse aim doesnt transfer from game to game. (except games which are very similar like CS and a CS knockoff)
first off CS is in a 3D environment, which makes aiming completely different.
the only way to get good at CS is to play CS, not osu!
The Gambler
Get decent mouse, play more. Nuff said
Fxjlk

-Jukke- wrote:

no.
mouse aim doesnt transfer from game to game. (except games which are very similar like CS and a CS knockoff)
I disagree, it does transfer somewhat. The movements are different but I've noticed my mouse control getting better in games other than osu.

Cookiezi likes to play starcraft 2 with tablet just cause hes used tablet so much.
Snow901

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

-Jukke- wrote:

no.
I disagree, it does transfer somewhat. The movements are different but I've noticed my mouse control getting better in games other than osu.

Cookiezi likes to play starcraft 2 with tablet just cause hes used tablet so much.
It's not only in games though; I've noticed improvement in my cooking skills since I've been able to batter eggs at a consistent 300rpm
The Gambler

Snow901 wrote:

It's not only in games though; I've noticed improvement in my cooking skills since I've been able to batter eggs at a consistent 300rpm
Doesn't quite work that way, unless you use a plastic fork/spoon to batter your eggs; regular silverware are heavier than Wacom pens
dung eater
you do get better at moving mouse and it does translate to anything else where you need to move mouse.

there's a lot more to most games, so it'd be much better to just play them.

i've been playing with 200 dpi, 600p res for a few days and it's fun. if nothing else, a jumpy map is good warmup for mousehand.