forum

[duplicate] Vote to return to lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
darkovia
A function where if players choose, they can vote to return to the lobby by collectively pressing a certain button. Good for when friends are playing an undesirable beatmap. Normally, everyone would have to leave and recreate a game/refind the lobby. A bit of a hassle.
Underforest
So, your request is refering to get back to the room?
You can just quit and use the search with "Show In-Progress" enabled, pretty easy
Topic Starter
darkovia

Underforest wrote:

You can just quit and use the search with "Show In-Progress" enabled, pretty easy
The point is to bring everyone back into the lobby/room without making them leave the lobby/room in the first place, to avoid that hassle.
Sandy Hoey

Underforest wrote:

I think also this feature acts as a reset button. After collectively deciding to return to the room, the host can choose a different, more favorable song.

I think the way are thinking of it, it is as if only a few people don't want to play the song. If that was the case, then your suggested course of action is perfect. The player(s) would leave and rejoin the lobby so they could play the next song. However, in the case that the OP describes where there is a consensus that the players want to play a different map, they currently all have to leave the game and totally remake the lobby. Setting up passwords, sending invites, re-picking mods, the whole works. This would make it quicker and less of a hassle.

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I think it is a pretty good idea
PyaKura
I'm not sure how this would work. I know I disable everything I can on-screen to avoid getting distracted. This includes live leaderboards, 100% dimmed background, some skin elements made invisible, and finally turning off all notifications during play. That would also include the reset/back to lobby thingy popping out of nowhere. Now if that takes the form of a sneaky one-liner in the corner of the game window without any vfx I don't see why not. It would not be distracting at all.
Sandy Hoey

PyaKura wrote:

I'm not sure how this would work. I know I disable everything I can on-screen to avoid getting distracted. This includes live leaderboards, 100% dimmed background, some skin elements made invisible, and finally turning off all notifications during play. That would also include the reset/back to lobby thingy popping out of nowhere. Now if that takes the form of a sneaky one-liner in the corner of the game window without any vfx I don't see why not. It would not be distracting at all.
Well, in MP lobbies you can't get your rank in the bottom left anyways, and some people say that is distracting. If you found a way to get rid of that, plz tell me how because I hate it being there.
PyaKura
I play in windowed so I can make-do by hiding it with TS/Mumble overlay or Task Manager, or whatever other window that stay in front.
Bara-
t/190639
So you found a request, and then requested it again...
Dntm8kmeeatu

Bara- wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/190639
Interesting.
Sandy Hoey

Bara- wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/190639
This isn't the same request. Like I said before, I think the OP is asking for an option where everyone decides to collectively quite the song and return to the lobby. The request that you linked is a more individually based version of that, but it isn't the same. I honestly think this request is more useful than that one because you can just leave the lobby of the songs you don't want to play and then rejoin easily. In this case, if everyone wants to play a different song, the entire lobby has to be remade.