forum

Download Progress - Multiplayer Lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +271
show more
FrzR
I like this. =w=
deadbeat
lets bump this for more feedback
FrzR

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Support but..... As a supporter... don't you already have fast enough download speeds...? ._.
Well some other users like me don't have really fast download speeds. I've been a supporter once though !direct was a bit faster. =w=
ohshaeme

Oinari-sama wrote:

A feature like this will be good yeah

For non-supporter players, a different colour can be displayed once they click on the download link. If the player downloaded too much and need to wait, a message should be displayed next to their name eg "This player cannot download for another 300s." The host/someone else can provide a bloodcat link at this point if necessary, instead of wasting everyone's time.
I think this could work.
Mango
+ :3 good idea~
Indeed_old_1
It would be a good idea but would only work with supporters.. good idea anyways
WingSilent
It could works with everyone, not only supporters.
I give you 3 pink stars.
Shadow
Nice idea! Shouldn't be to hard to implement.

Lumina wrote:

It could works with everyone, not only supporters.
I give you 3 pink stars.
How can it work with everyone? I'm really wondering what solution you are thinking about.
WingSilent
Im thinking about the beatmap ID. When the non supporter clicks on the big download beatmap button, it will show the progress bar to the multiplayer lobby.
Yarissa
Another possibility would be having a button on osu!direct that announces your progress for you
Mira-san
Something like this isn't very neat but, yeah.
sheela

Mira-san wrote:

Cool design.
xtrem3x
Display the Download Percentage of each player in multiplayer?... Great Idea and Support XD

also....

Mira-san wrote:

Yeah!!!
Haruru

Mira-san wrote:

cool! :D
Perfection
Nice idea.
Tekklorn
Yeah this is a nice idea, would save the trouble of having to reassure everyone that you are indeed downloading the map so you don't get kicked :P
[Vriska Serket]
This would also help if you are host and you aren't sure whether or not somebody is downloading and/or you can't speak their language to ask them. I support this.
Will3x
If this feature would get implemented it should be there for everyone, but I don't see how this works for non supporters.
Arnold0

Mira-san wrote:

This looks fairly like how osu!stream download maps :)
This is a nice idea, especialy when you have a 1MB/s connexion but osu!direct download slowly, then people think you are not downloading and kick you.
Rakuen
support!
Soner Wolf
I was wondering why this wasn't already a thing...
Pold
I totally like the idea, support, and star if I could somehow know how to give the star xD
Rtyzen
Support. And stars :)