forum

Download Progress - Multiplayer Lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +271
Topic Starter
anamorphism
User Story:
As an osu! supporter, I want an indicator to be placed near my name in a multiplayer lobby when I am downloading a beatmap via osu!direct, so other players in the lobby can be aware of my download's progress.

---

I think it would be nice to have a percentage indicator in multiplayer lobbies so that people can know my download progress without me having to tell them or without kicking me right before my download is finished because they think I'm going to take forever.

I'm guessing there aren't that many supporters, but I think this would be a pretty nice perk. Pretty much every time someone is downloading a beatmap, the lobby host or other players will ask what percent the download is at.

Super low priority, but a thought.
aoneptune
i support it!
theowest
YES YES YES YES. And YES.
Coz everyone is asking: ey yo theowest whats ur %? or something like that. Not just to me. ANYONE!
Sakura
What's wrong with hovering the mouse over the right and saying how much % you have? i dont see a good reason for this so no support
ouranhshc

Sakura Hana wrote:

What's wrong with hovering the mouse over the right and saying how much % you have? i dont see a good reason for this so no support
" so other players in the lobby can be aware of my download's progress."
OzzyOzrock
Yes yes yes. This way we can also see if they are actually downloading it too.
Sakura
doesnt seem really worth it imo, but ok
Kitsunemimi
Support but..... As a supporter... don't you already have fast enough download speeds...? ._.

It's the non-supporters that take forever, and there isn't really a way of determining how finished they are...
Topic Starter
anamorphism
like i said in my original post, it's not an important feature request by any means. it'd just be a neat thing to have. i think everyone can agree that adding it wouldn't hurt anything, but that adding it should be something that's done well after just about every other practical feature request in this forum.
robin
Would be awesome to get a progress bar for players so I can actually see if they are downloading the map instead of wondering if they are just afk wasting everyone's time. Or for the players that speak a language I don't understand I will at least know they are in progress of getting the map.
Ryu Sei
Support this. So all players won't ask again am I downloading the beatmap when I don't have one.
Tomuu-kun
It is a good idea BUT only doable for supporters downloading via osu!direct.
There is no-way (not what I would think) to map a beatmap downloading from a browser.
Oinari-sama
A feature like this will be good yeah

For non-supporter players, a different colour can be displayed once they click on the download link. If the player downloaded too much and need to wait, a message should be displayed next to their name eg "This player cannot download for another 300s." The host/someone else can provide a bloodcat link at this point if necessary, instead of wasting everyone's time.
Kurokami
If I remember well this is a duplicate or maybe that one was just a bit similar. o.o
FrzR
I like this. =w=
deadbeat
lets bump this for more feedback
FrzR

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Support but..... As a supporter... don't you already have fast enough download speeds...? ._.
Well some other users like me don't have really fast download speeds. I've been a supporter once though !direct was a bit faster. =w=
ohshaeme

Oinari-sama wrote:

A feature like this will be good yeah

For non-supporter players, a different colour can be displayed once they click on the download link. If the player downloaded too much and need to wait, a message should be displayed next to their name eg "This player cannot download for another 300s." The host/someone else can provide a bloodcat link at this point if necessary, instead of wasting everyone's time.
I think this could work.
Mango
+ :3 good idea~
Indeed_old_1
It would be a good idea but would only work with supporters.. good idea anyways
WingSilent
It could works with everyone, not only supporters.
I give you 3 pink stars.
Shadow
Nice idea! Shouldn't be to hard to implement.

Lumina wrote:

It could works with everyone, not only supporters.
I give you 3 pink stars.
How can it work with everyone? I'm really wondering what solution you are thinking about.
WingSilent
Im thinking about the beatmap ID. When the non supporter clicks on the big download beatmap button, it will show the progress bar to the multiplayer lobby.
Yarissa
Another possibility would be having a button on osu!direct that announces your progress for you
Mira-san
Something like this isn't very neat but, yeah.
sheela

Mira-san wrote:

Cool design.
xtrem3x
Display the Download Percentage of each player in multiplayer?... Great Idea and Support XD

also....

Mira-san wrote:

Yeah!!!
Haruru

Mira-san wrote:

cool! :D
Perfection
Nice idea.
show more