forum

Fingerlock problems..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KyoshiDeath
Hey,

A few months ago I did a thread asking for some tips to get better at streaming, but since that moment I haven't progressed at all.
A few days ago, I realized that my problem isn't that I can't improve my fingers speed, but that I'm fingerlocking EXTREMELY often (every 8/9 notes at 200 bpm..).

Do you have some tips to counter that ? Should I try to do some bigger and stronger movement with my fingers ? It seemed to work yesterday during 30 min, but I stopped playing and when I started again I couldn't do that anymore lol.
Jukkii
play lower bpm streams and get finger control
start from 130
Deva
Don't even bother with sub 170BPM unless you are doing it for fun.

Your fingers lock either because of your hand being in a dumb position or that you are trying to stream something that is way too hard for you.
Ninonuko
Don't purposely tap hard or soft, just tap it but don't change your tapping force midway.
If your finger locking you just need to believe yourself and force your finger to keep taping by sheer power.
Acc? :D
Topic Starter
KyoshiDeath
I'm not gonna play streams under 170bpm on purpose, too boring : I play to have fun.
For my hand position, I thought about that, but I'm gonna try to "copy" the hand position of good streamers :D

Ninonuko lol, easier to say than to do, but it is always something to keep in mind :D
Ninonuko
At least that's what I did seriously.
A year ago, I'm not even fast enough to stream 180bpm to begin with, I'm just brainlessly spam unlimitation with NF because I can't even pass it fingerlocking everytime, then I almost fc'd it on 92.99% in less than a week.
I keep pushing myself until I found that I tap with slightly different way like I move ring and pinky along with my middle finger, so it's like alternating between a group of middle, ring, pinky and index instead of just middle and index.
IDK when your finger locking exactly, if you were talking about stream like in salvation then I don't qualify to talk about it. :D

I spammed unlimitation in offline that's why it's not on my top played beatmaps.
Snow901
Lift weights with your fingers to improve muscle strength in your hand.
dung eater
you can carry/lift shopping bags/baskets with 1 finger while buying things/in line. make sure you don't just lock your grip, keep it so you can slowly open/close grip.
chainpullz
You're fingerlocking because you have shit stamina. Play stream practice maps over and over again until you can effortlessly make it through them on whatever bpm you are trying to reach. Alternatively just stop caring about it. There is no shortcut to having finger stamina.