Weber
ranked when
Topic Starter
Ashton

Bubblun wrote:

Requested I mod the last 2 diffs.

General
SPOILER
I don't know if this is because I didn't delete the map before I re-DLed it, but did you remove bg2.jpg? (Not the Neko one.)
'Unicode artist confilcts with <blank> diff' it says a different diff on each map, so I recommend copying the correct one, and pasting it over each diff.

Neko
SPOILER
00:00:376 (1) - There's no circular motion to these 2 sliders, then it feels awkward when they play 3,4,5. I suggest ctrl+g on this slider, as it's still symmetrical and flows better. same kind of flow is shown 00:01:337 (4,5) - here, so no change.
00:22:683 (4,5) - In my opinion, there isn't enough emphasis here to make the player move back and forth. I suggest ctrl+g 5, 6 and then move 7 where 6 was, where there is exaggeration. uhh, "to make a player move back and forth" you didn't explain that very well, the spacing is so tiny so why is it a problem? Also people can play it just fine
00:32:683 (1,2) - There's enough exaggeration here to space these 2 notes into a jump. I suggest placing 2 under the head of the slider, 3. but I don't wanna make it a jump, the way I hitsounded it was to emphaisize the ending of the song, the finally two beats, if I were to make it a jump it wouldn't have much of a powerful ending. Also there's a 1/4 slider RIGHT before it, so it gives it even more emphasis, for notes to be going down rather than a jump

Insane
SPOILER
00:01:529 (6) - Because of the exaggeration, I think a change in direction here is more suitable than simply going in 1 direction. I suggest here for that circle: x:332 y:236 I don't think it is, and they way I have it flows perfectly fine.
00:03:452 (1,2,3,4,1) - Although this is completely fine, you can switch the direction of the circular flow and still have it justifiable because of how strong this first note is. I suggest flipping it, and re-snapping some notes. (For starters, I think placing 2 under the red slider 4 would be a good way to map the square.) if it's completely fine there's no need to change it.
00:32:683 (1,2) - Similar suggestion to Neko, there is enough exaggeration here to make these 2 circles a jump. same thing as neko-san da. Too scared to say Neko-san da?
Yes I removed bg.#2

Thanks~

also, about the skin things, I competently FORGET what map I got them from.
headphonewearer
niko neko-san da! (just throwing my opinions)

maybe you could higher the od to like 7,5? ar9 feels better
every other diff has kiai, why not this one?

00:01:145 (3,1) - this overlap can be avoided
00:02:299 (2,3,2,3) - why dont you just make a simple stack here? doesnt look good at all imo
00:03:452 (1) - dragging this slider 2 pixels up would make a better blanket
00:07:106 (3,1) - why is this spacing lower than 00:07:299 (1,2) - ? clearly should be the opposite according to the music
00:08:068 (1,1) - again, this overlap can be avoided
00:08:452 (2,2) - same
00:09:606 (1,2) - this might be confusing to read, maybe you could move (2) a bit to the right so you can see that its a slider, and not a circle
00:09:991 (2,5) - if you decide to decline what i wrote above, atleast fix this stack
00:12:106 (4) - kinda nazi, but move this circle 1 pixel up to make it the same y level as (5)
00:13:452 (1,2) - same, but with (3), drag them 1 pixel up
00:14:222 (1) - blanket can be improved
00:15:568 (3,1) - why this small spacing here? doesnt make any sense to me
00:17:299 (1,2) - why is it smaller spacing here than 00:17:683 (1,2) - ? the vocals doesnt change or anything, deserves the same imo
00:19:991 (4,1) - why stacked? (1) should have more emphasis imo. atleast not ds 0
00:21:145 (3) - nc here?
00:24:414 (4,5,6) - wtf is this? ugliest triple ive ever seen, please make it "normal". youre not nold
00:24:799 (7,8,1) - unnecessary to have inconsistent ds here imo. doesnt look good at all
00:25:376 (1,1,1,1) - these nc's are unneeded. doesnt make any special sound that deserves nc spam
00:25:760 (1,1) - fix stack (the slider ends)
00:28:068 (1,1,1) - please make equal ds here. i know youre trying to emphasis the last (1) but it looks horrible
00:31:722 (3) - nc here instead of 00:32:299 - ?
00:32:683 (1,2) - this could have some spacing because the both circles represent a loud sound, isnt that why they both have finish on them?
Weber
Neko-san da!

00:09:606 (1,2) - Actually unreadable slider

00:17:683 (1,2) - At least make the spacing for these the same as 00:17:299 (1,2) -

00:18:837 (1) - NC isn't necessary

00:24:414 (4,5,6) - Not really any reason these notes should be spaced the way they are, just looks visually confusing with the hitcircles and doesn't really work.

00:31:048 (4,1) - Pretty ridiculous 1/4 jump for a (relatively) easy Insane difficulty.

00:32:683 (1,2) - These might work better if they were way further apart.

ranked when
Topic Starter
Ashton
for some really weird reason I continue to SPAM ressurect this thing from the graveyard, but it doesn't work... Help?
Topic Starter
Ashton

Mapper wrote:

niko neko-san da! (just throwing my opinions)

maybe you could higher the od to like 7,5? ar9 feels better
every other diff has kiai, why not this one?

00:01:145 (3,1) - this overlap can be avoided
00:02:299 (2,3,2,3) - why dont you just make a simple stack here? doesnt look good at all imo
00:03:452 (1) - dragging this slider 2 pixels up would make a better blanket
00:07:106 (3,1) - why is this spacing lower than 00:07:299 (1,2) - ? clearly should be the opposite according to the music
00:08:068 (1,1) - again, this overlap can be avoided
00:08:452 (2,2) - same
00:09:606 (1,2) - this might be confusing to read, maybe you could move (2) a bit to the right so you can see that its a slider, and not a circle
00:09:991 (2,5) - if you decide to decline what i wrote above, atleast fix this stack
00:12:106 (4) - kinda nazi, but move this circle 1 pixel up to make it the same y level as (5)
00:13:452 (1,2) - same, but with (3), drag them 1 pixel up
00:14:222 (1) - blanket can be improved
00:15:568 (3,1) - why this small spacing here? doesnt make any sense to me
00:17:299 (1,2) - why is it smaller spacing here than 00:17:683 (1,2) - ? the vocals doesnt change or anything, deserves the same imo
00:19:991 (4,1) - why stacked? (1) should have more emphasis imo. atleast not ds 0
00:21:145 (3) - nc here?
00:24:414 (4,5,6) - wtf is this? ugliest triple ive ever seen, please make it "normal". youre not nold
00:24:799 (7,8,1) - unnecessary to have inconsistent ds here imo. doesnt look good at all
00:25:376 (1,1,1,1) - these nc's are unneeded. doesnt make any special sound that deserves nc spam
00:25:760 (1,1) - fix stack (the slider ends)
00:28:068 (1,1,1) - please make equal ds here. i know youre trying to emphasis the last (1) but it looks horrible
00:31:722 (3) - nc here instead of 00:32:299 - ?
00:32:683 (1,2) - this could have some spacing because the both circles represent a loud sound, isnt that why they both have finish on them? check other mods
denying them all because I don't think you understand how I mapped this and that most of it is intentional.
Topic Starter
Ashton

Weber wrote:

Neko-san da!

00:09:606 (1,2) - Actually unreadable slider actually no

00:17:683 (1,2) - At least make the spacing for these the same as 00:17:299 (1,2) - spaced more because of higher vocals

00:18:837 (1) - NC isn't necessary new instrument

00:24:414 (4,5,6) - Not really any reason these notes should be spaced the way they are, just looks visually confusing with the hitcircles and doesn't really work. the whole map is based on symmetry, so if I am going to put a stack in the middle of the map then it's going to look like that

00:31:048 (4,1) - Pretty ridiculous 1/4 jump for a (relatively) easy Insane difficulty. I know, but is ending so is fine, and it plays okay

00:32:683 (1,2) - These might work better if they were way further apart. READ PAST MODS

ranked when

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING!!!
headphonewearer

CanadianBaka wrote:

denying them all because I don't think you understand how I mapped this and that most of it is intentional.
seriously? you know that some of these issues are unrankable, right?
Nyukai
lmao this thread
Weber
literally no one gives a shit about the past mods lmao
Topic Starter
Ashton
WHAT ARE YOU TALJKING ABOUT NONE OF THINGS YOU MENTIONED ARE UNRANKABLE YOUR JUST TOO IGNORANT TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

@mapper (your username is a sad lie)

YES I KNOW NO ONE CARES ABOUT OTHER POSTS BUT STILL AT LEAST I GAVE A REASON"!!!!!!!!!@!@!@!21@!@!@!@

@weber
headphonewearer
CanadianBaka, you're being disrespectful to me. "your username is a sad lie" so you say im not a mapper? i even have a ranked map, what are you even talking about? in fact, im pretty sure im a better mapper than you!

00:09:606 (1,2) - why did you change this when you said you denied everything from my mod? the way it used to be was unrankable, thats why i said the map was unrankable

btw, the diff is actually lacking in quality. what youre saying is basically that mapping poorly is your style.

"denying them all because I don't think you understand how I mapped this and that most of it is intentional."

i do understand how you mapped it. its just that its not very good. atleast in my opinion.

about the OD, most maps that have OD 6,5 is hard maps (the difficulty name hard, not literally a hard map)
thats why i recommended changing your OD to something higher, since its an insane. can you explain why you denied that? am i "too ignorant to understand"?

can you explain why you denied some of the stuff i mentioned? id like to hear a good explanation so i could actually understand how you mapped it. (you said you denied everything because i didnt understand how you mapped it)

also, can you try to stop using so much caps? its really unpleasant.

not surprised if i see myself in the "If youre in this box, never talk to me / ask me for ANYTHING." box. that would be childish

420 posts in this mess woop
Topic Starter
Ashton
nah, I just don't like your modding style, and there's not use for me to reply to each and everyone of your mods

I changed od though :P
Xinnoh
I was going to do a mod of the full set after reading your profile, but there's no way I'm going any further with this after reading some of the crap you've posted recently. If all you're going to do is tell me to fuck off after I've pointed out things that are required to be fixed if you want it ranked, then I don't see any purpose to doing more of this because I don't think you understand how to map and that while most of it is intentional, it's still unrankable whether or not you intended it.

CanadianBaka wrote:

Weber wrote:

00:24:414 (4,5,6) - Not really any reason these notes should be spaced the way they are, just looks visually confusing with the hitcircles and doesn't really work. the whole map is based on symmetry, so if I am going to put a stack in the middle of the map then it's going to look like that
Not all symmetry is good, this is an example of really bad symmetry. Symmetry in modern mapping relies more on how objects are symmetrical to each other, not the play area. By doing this you're restricting yourself the the play field and preventing yourself from actually doing anything interesting.

ranked when Never if this keeps up

Note that this mod was done last week, so I haven't looked at the other mods until after it was finished, but I've made comments when needed because you can't seem to understand that not unrankable =/= not a problem that prevents it from being ranked. That said, there are still unrankable things here, of which I've bolded for you because it seems difficult to spot the difference.
Neko santa
  1. 00:01:145 (3,4,5,6) - The distance from (3,4) is larger than (5,6), but the music is identical on both circles. You can either move (3) down or (1,2,3,4 and 5) up
  2. 00:03:452 (1,1) - By angling the second slider, it's no longer a perfect blanket. It doesn't follow this symmetry rule that you're trying to follow either. If you're relying on a gimmick that's normally unrankable if abused, then the entire map should really follow it. There's nothing at the first curve in the slider to justify putting it in either.
  3. 00:04:414 (3,4,5,6) - The distance between (4,5) is larger. If you were trying to create a stream, fix it. If you wanted to emphasise that it's two sets of two notes, don't. The music has literally no change between them. That plus there's not enough spacing to properly show this.
  4. 00:09:606 (1) - Mute the slider end, there is no sound on this tick.
  5. 00:09:991 (2) - This slider is not readable. At all. Change this. There is no reason to say it's not an issue when 3/3 of the past modders have all said it's an issue
  6. 00:10:376 (3,4) - These should be a little higher, approx y=40. The previous slider covers up how close the next slider actually is and looks like the slider end, so it's easy to mix up distance spacing.
  7. 00:15:760 (1) - This circle -> slider is much closer than any other, and it should technically be farther than these others because of the vocals. Ctrl-g it
  8. 00:18:645 (1) - Remove the NC here, it's the same instrument and has no change at all
  9. 00:19:606 (3) - This is the only slider in the map that looks like this, please change it so that it's consistent with the rest of the map visually.
  10. 00:21:722 (5,1) - Fix blanket, slider head is too close
  11. 00:22:876 (5) - How is this supposed to be readable, the spacings on 00:22:683 (4 and 6) - aren't consistent with the distance to 00:22:876 (5) -
  12. 00:24:414 (4,5,6) - Is it really a good idea to try and be innovative with gimmicks when you're desperate to rank
  13. 00:28:452 (1,1) - Please use equal spacing because it looks terrible like this
  14. 00:29:222 (2,3) - This pattern can only be read as a triple, do something about it
  15. 00:29:606 (1) - No reason to have it this close to the last one. Fix this along with the previous point when you do.
  16. 00:30:760 (1,2,3,4) - ctrl-j or rotate this. It significantly breaks flow for no reason. That + there's no way to read that the jump to the next slider is 1/4.
  17. 00:31:145 (1,2) - Improve blanket, head too close.
And for Axon's Normal, 00:14:222 (5) - NC
Topic Starter
Ashton
That was posted BEFORE I changed my profile and AFTER me and mapper talked ing, so yes, your right, fuck off.

And I don't think you understand what I said in my profile, I'm only gonna map songs I like, and I don't actually like this song it's just short, which is the only reason I picked it.
Absolute Zero

CanadianBaka wrote:

That was posted BEFORE I changed my profile and AFTER me and mapper talked ing, so yes, your right, fuck off.

And I don't think you understand what I said in my profile, I'm only gonna map songs I like, and I don't actually like this song it's just short, which is the only reason I picked it.
I understand you are unhappy with the turn of events, but could you please control yourself? There's no need to lash out at people who try to help you and tell them to "fuck off".

I'll just bring the Code of Conduct (CoC) up here. Although you may have seen it already, you might wanna review it.

Thank you.
Okoratu
hey can you be a bit more like... kind to the people who literally give you feedback without you even asking them?
while you're at it you may want to give this wiki page a read through

i'mma drop my opinion here too for what it's worth because i was looking at the thing anyways
[neko san thing]
  1. 00:01:722 (6,2,3,2,3,1,2) - why are these off center by one grid on small to the right, the way this is imperfect is really obviously visible since 00:01:914 (1,1) - are centered properly
  2. 00:08:068 (1,2,1,2) - choosing a pattern where these don't overlap while being visible together would be aesthetically more pleasing
  3. 00:09:606 (1,2) - why does this have to go back up, actually? like the way this just overlaps is much harder to read for the sake of symmetry and moving upwards, i think going for circles like http://i.imgur.com/9hXAGNm.png instead would give you more options while maintaining the symmetrical patterning you use everywhere
  4. 00:13:068 (3,3) - that you didn't manage to come up with a pattern that has these stacking just makes the entire thing look way more messy, i recommend adjusting the pattern so that 00:11:914 (3,6,3) - end up in the middle
  5. 00:14:222 (1) - i don't get why you're making this less dense. the song doesn't do anything quite like this and it just leaves me wondering what you made you do this, if at all i would recommend continuing with 1/2
  6. 00:17:299 (1,2,1,2) - that these aren't point symmetrical actually sticks out so much that i recommend you just flip either of these patterns because it will look much neater
  7. 00:18:837 (1,2,3,4) - why is this suddenly not symmetric anymore
  8. 00:24:510 (5,6) - and this is focribly symmetrical
  9. 00:24:991 (1) - why is this further away from the previous two circles than what your symmetry patterning would suggest?
  10. 00:28:068 (1,1,1) - that the last slider is slightly off-angle kinda ruins the aesthetics in this pattern, the fact that its offset is different from what you used for 00:28:068 (1,1) - isn't helping either, i recommend going for a full copy paste pattern like http://i.imgur.com/qc6JILV.png if you have to do this.
    but actually 3/4 sliders aren't really suggested by the song either so im wondering why you're doing this this weirdly to begin with
  11. 00:31:048 (4,1) - you kinda break the entire concept you had going for the map because this is neither a symmetrical setup nor did you have streamjumps introduced in any way so this is completely unexpected
overall i think the ideas you have can be structured way better while upholding a clearer "symmetrical short map" theme
while still making sense with the song at hand

also to be completely honest, your last statement about your profile contents changing doesn't make the most sense to me so idk if you wanted feedback on this anymore or not but here it is anyways lol
Topic Starter
Ashton
What I do not understand is, I think i've already said, I want to focus on maps that I actually like. Not maps that i'm mapping just because it's short, I did this a lot with pokemart, yumeiro toridori parade, and ofc sassou toujou!Neko-san.

@sinnoh

I know I said "fuck off" but I said that because sinnoh said:

"if all your going to do is tell me to fuck off after I've pointed out things that are required to be fixed if you want it ranked, I don't see any purpose to doing more of this because I don't think you understand how to map"

I agree with him, I didn't, and don't understand how to map, thats why I didn't want more modders, because if you actually DID read my profile of how I wanted to no longer map short songs because I just want a ranked map, then you would understand why I said "fuck off". I didn't literally mean fuck off, I was agreeing with his point. I don't think that goes against the CoC (lol coc) at all.

@ absoloute zero

Same thing as I said with AZ, also, if someone already linked the Code of Conduct then why do you go ahead and do it literally 6 minutes after? And if i've ignored all other mods, because they obviously don't really understand what my profile meant, then I'm obviously going to ignore yours, Okaratu.

I always though modders/BN/QAT should be maybe respectful to one's decision to end a map, and grave it. But I guess not.

God, I've already tried to shut this map down once already and I got terribly flamed for it.
Okoratu
who's Okaratu

oh your profile doens't imply that you discontinue this mapset, i thought this would be helpful for a way to restart it, if you want to, i read it as "I want to remap my 30 second maps in order to improve them" so i gave you things i think you could improve on when restarting this.

also I spent like 15 mins writing my post and AZ's was already there after that, don't assume that i thought you can't read or something lol

should maybe put a fat "discontinued" or whatever in the description then
Topic Starter
Ashton
I've just decided to remove the hardest diff, my map doesn't need a 4*, because the Insane difficulty works just fine as the hardest diff.
Hikomori
good luck with this canadianbaka! owo
Topic Starter
Ashton

[A L P H A] wrote:

good luck with this canadianbaka! owo
ty
Topic Starter
Ashton
redownload!!!

Replaced mp3!

edit: sorry for double post o3o
Nyukai
what's wrong here XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Topic Starter
Ashton

Underforest wrote:

why?

because the same map is going into qualify and having two of the same songs in the qualified section are unrankable

why not?
Monstrata
It's still considered the same song. Adding a voice-over doesn't allow you to qualify the song if another version (Original) is in qualified.
Topic Starter
Ashton
I've discontinued the map because I have other 'special' plans in the future. And if you look at the last 100 posts the majority of it have been not so good.
headphonewearer
Holy shit the new audio
Noffy

Noffy wrote:

Hi, just dropping by to comment that now that you've added the elements hitcircle and hitcircle overlay, it is required you skin your sliderborder color by adding the code

SliderBorder: 255,255,255
under the colors section of your .osu files

You must also skin elements in full sets:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

1. When skinning gameplay elements, complete sets of elements must be skinned. For instance, if you skin hitcircles, you must include a hitcircle.png, hitcircleoverlay.png, approachcircle.png, and a slider border color (this can be done by adding the line "SliderBorder: 255,255,255" (using RGB values) under the [Colours] section of each .osu file). The same logic applies to hitbursts, cursors, numbers, and anything else of this nature. If you didn't intend to skin an element in the set, then using the templateskin's version is okay. Setting a SkinPreference is also acceptable (e.g. forcing the default skin).
Uh
you update the map to have a new mp3 and new background but don't fix the unrankable incomplete skin set?
Uh :(
Topic Starter
Ashton
sorry

fuk why did I delete this had enough sp for loved

ok i'll reupload this.... one day :P
headphonewearer
For loved? LOL
Aurele