forum

Tablet nibs vanishing like nothing.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShinyUAX
Hey Community,

got my Ctl-480s for 2 Months now and already 2 pen nibs are worn off (heavy dragger).
Heard about tablet covers or harder pen nibs which would effect less signs of wear.
Anyone has some experience with these or got another way to make the pen nibs last longer? (hovering is no option)
Deva

ShinyUAX wrote:

(heavy dragger)
Found your problem.
Topic Starter
ShinyUAX

HK_ wrote:

ShinyUAX wrote:

(heavy dragger)
Found your problem.
But no solution.
ithgyu
I drag, and I never replace my nibs anymore, gave up on it, no longer care how much it gets worn down, even if it gets to the point where it wont register taps, ive even got a lot of ware on the pen itself
Yuudachi-kun
Stop dragging
Deva

ShinyUAX wrote:

But no solution.
Stop trying to make a hole in your tablet.
Endaris
Try felt nibs.
Topic Starter
ShinyUAX

Endaris wrote:

Try felt nibs.
Just found a reddit post about felt nibs.
They say felt nibs would wear off faster than normal nibs.
Sayorie

HK_ wrote:

ShinyUAX wrote:

But no solution.
Stop trying to make a hole in your tablet.
Tablet nibs technically cannot scratch the surface because the surface is 'harder' (material property) than the nib itself, and that is why the nibs wear off. The scratches you see are not because of the nib, but because of the dust particles/micro-grains of dirt which are harder, and thus scratching the surface.

Also, the tablet is meant to be scratched anyway, because it's made for dragging (a.k.a ART). Reminder that scratches does not affect the functionality of the tablet.

The only solutions are:
1. not drag
2. buy more tablet nibs

3. Buy a tablet cover. You can definitely improvise on this; in my case, I cut a rectangular piece from a smooth plastic folder, and taped it on top. (this is not a solution for nib wear, but instead it is for tablet scratches)
Topic Starter
ShinyUAX

Arthraxium wrote:

The only solutions are:
1. not drag
2. buy more tablet nibs
3. Buy a tablet cover. You can definitely improvise on this; in my case, I cut a rectangular piece from a smooth plastic folder, and taped it on top.
Already tried hovering and I feel more accurate with dragging.
Wacom tablet nibs are expensive af :(
Gonna try the plastic folder thing!:) ty
Sayorie

ShinyUAX wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

The only solutions are:
1. not drag
2. buy more tablet nibs
3. Buy a tablet cover. You can definitely improvise on this; in my case, I cut a rectangular piece from a smooth plastic folder, and taped it on top.
Already tried hovering and I feel more accurate with dragging.
Wacom tablet nibs are expensive af :(
Gonna try the plastic folder thing!:)
Sorry, thought wrong in my post, the plastic folder thing does not prevent nib wear, it's just a solution for tablet scratching. You just really have to buy more nibs, or don't drag too hard.
Deva

Arthraxium wrote:

Tablet nibs technically cannot scratch the surface because the surface is 'harder' (material property) than the nib itself, and that is why the nibs wear off
Thank's for explaining what I meant.
Topic Starter
ShinyUAX
Oh okay Arthraxium.
Just tried it.. and my pen nib sliced the plastic folder thing just after 2 maps ._.
Yuudachi-kun
Stop dragging
Deva

Khelly wrote:

Stop dragging
Raniemi
Get a tablet cover

I drag too and my nib still looks flawless after months of use
Fxjlk
I dont have a problem with tablet nibs

Probably because I use a mouse
7ambda
Mouse is a lot simpler in this way.
Diffraktio
Just try to find a proper cover for the tablet, try out everything you can get your hands on. I've gone through loads of types of paper, magazine covers, plastic and printed cardboard. Finally found out this printable plastic sheet we use at work.
The problem is finding a material that can take the beating (without needing to get replaced every week or so) and that has a texture that gives you the proper amount of friction you would like to have. And yes, the cover is gonna help with the nib wear, I've had my nib on for 6 months now, gone through about half of the way. Of course it's gonna be harder if you just like to have a lot of friction and push down a lot, but yeah...
N0thingSpecial

F1r3tar wrote:

I burned through my mouse pad after intense flick shotting
Fxjlk

N0thingSpecial wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

I burned through my desk 420 no scope backfip triple headshotting john cena while on a dorito fueled mountain dew lubricated rampage.
jaijasty2

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Sounds like your sensitivity is really low. If you don't know how to increase it, in Windows 7/8/8.1/10, its Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Mouse (Under "Devices and Printers") > Pointer Options > Motion. There should be a slider. Increase it up to anywhere to the latter half of the bar. In Linux, it varies depending on GUI and Desktop Environment, but usually found in System Settings under "Mouse" on something like Ubuntu.

In the case it's too fast, well better get used to it. Slowly increase the sensitivity over time. Higher Sensitivities are a lot more useful from productivity tasks to FPS games. If it already has high sensitivity, your mouse could use some upgrading as it has bad DPI. You'll be better off in the long run using a mouse on lower difficulties and BPM maps. Tablets only seem to benefit me at higher BMP and 3+ Star rated maps.

As for OP's tablet, well what can I say? Just don't drag so hard, and I know everyone else had said this a billion times already. The plastic only goes so far and doesn't benefit the nibs much at all, its just meant for the protection of your tablet. You don't have to hover, just use it like you would use a charcoal pencil (if you have used one). Just drag lighter. If your dragging hard enough that its shredding your nibs, its probably eating into your speed and decreasing your performance as well.
N0thingSpecial
nah it's k, it's just that my mouse is a rock
Deva
I'm very sure that pretty much every sub 10k osu player knows what he is doing with his mouse so...wat
chainpullz
Wuts a mouse? Can I eat it?