posted
Total Posts
show more
Moefu_old
fuji mountain trembled slightly
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Look, no offense aimed at anyone here, in the osu! community, in Japan or anywhere else for that matter but....you people are only so concerned because it's Japan. If it was in another area of less importance to you otakus, you probably wouldn't take notice.
Let's see.. Japan is the 2nd largest group of users on osu! And you think its a suprise? Use your brain..

Ever17 wrote:

Haití.
Are you trying to say no one noticed haiti or people did? If not, you really should get off the internet.

Moefu wrote:

fuji mountain trembled slightly
This is common after earthquakes, but yeah. Volcanoes have had more activity there lately. The japanese area is very geologically active, eventually something has to happen.
Mashley
I bet about 10% of the people being supportive in this thread have actually given money to support this crisis.
BrightBlueInk

Mashley wrote:

I bet about 10% of the people being supportive in this thread have actually given money to support this crisis.
I don't have the spare change, otherwise I would. (Besides my interest in Japanese pop culture, my Mom has coworkers in the area and I have a friend who has family there, too, so this has overall hit me pretty personally once I realized how bad things really were getting.)

That being said, I'm hoping to auction off some fanfic writing to people who help donate so I can at least help in *some* way.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Mashley wrote:

Not everyone has money to give, for financial reason, age, etc. Why do you need to give money to be supportive? Support isn't only given by cash. Don't be naive.
Hakeru
alternate ,

if you want to donate japan , go to this link
http://www.clover.sc/jrc/index02.aspx?id&f=1

you can donate 1 yen each day with a single click .

the user may only contribute a yen,
possibly much more if you use a computer / laptop is different .

anyway

source : my friend
Hanyuu

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Look, no offense aimed at anyone here, in the osu! community, in Japan or anywhere else for that matter but....you people are only so concerned because it's Japan. If it was in another area of less importance to you otakus, you probably wouldn't take notice.
ten thousands of people died. large citys are completely destroyed and land is poluted of radioactivity because of a catastrophe in nuclear plants. people are homeless and dont know where to go or leave the country. think about this too and not only about japan because not everyone worrying is a otaku as you say. your words may also offend or hurt people here so you should think twice before you post your tasteless replys.
Salvage

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Ever17 wrote:

Haití.
Are you trying to say no one noticed haiti or people did? If not, you really should get off the internet.

No , he's pointing that Haiti got like the same attention also so what LaVolpe is saying doesn't really make sense since Japan and Haiti are totally opposite in terms of that theory he's talking about.
silmarilen

Hanyuu wrote:

and land is poluted of radioactivity because of a catastrophe in nuclear plants.
there is no catastrophe in nuclear plants (yet).
they have like 500 backup plans if something goes wrong so i wouldnt be too afraid yet.
tsjernobyl was a big human error, that doesnt mean every meltdown causes the same disaster.
GladiOol
Isn't there some big team of firefighters now send to the powerplant to keep it cool?

inb4 people go OMFG THEY RISK THEIR LIVES OH NOES SILLY JAPANESE GOUVERNMENT, well atleast they have the balls (and maybe even bigger balls afterwards) to do so. They are true heroes.
Shael_old

GladiOol wrote:

Isn't there some big team of firefighters now send to the powerplant to keep it cool?

inb4 people go OMFG THEY RISK THEIR LIVES OH NOES SILLY JAPANESE GOUVERNMENT, well atleast they have the balls (and maybe even bigger balls afterwards) to do so. They are true heroes.

reminds me of this one episode of south park
Mashley

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Mashley wrote:

Not everyone has money to give, for financial reason, age, etc. Why do you need to give money to be supportive? Support isn't only given by cash. Don't be naive.
I'm well aware, but nonetheless if people are as passionate as many of them try to appear in this thread, then they should show their support with their actions. There are many ways to donate, very few people here would be unable to.
awp

Mashley wrote:

There are many ways to donate, very few people here would be unable to.
Quite, that. It's easy to give up when encountering the first obstacle (in some cases lack of revenue, in some cases no credit card/debit card/means of online transaction) but if you actually give a damn I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take long to figure out a way, even in your local community, to contribute to the relief efforts.
GladiOol
I just read on twitter that a new eathquake hit Japan, 7.1 this time..
Tsunami warning has been giving.

'7.1 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Apr 7 11:32pm at epicenter (13m ago, 66km E of Sendai, depth 26km)'

Source: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... 002ksa.php
Behon
If they get hit a third time right after this one, they must be cursed or something.
NoHitter
The source says it's 7.1 not 7.4.
Anyway, if it is true, wth is with nature these days. Can't it cut people some slack...
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Behonkiss wrote:

If they get hit a third time right after this one, they must be cursed or something.
Has nothing to do with being cursed, Japan is one of the most geological active areas around the world, and it being right on the ring of fire.
YuZuKi Kenny
jp........
-----
...You really like to necropost, do you?
F m L_old
Seems Like nature is on a rage or something.
WhoAteFred
Since this was necroed, has there been any updates to the nuclear reactor?