forum

Taiko Spin-Off! [Postponed Indefinitely (READ LAST POST)]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Backfire

Banner Designed by S a n d

Introduction
Welcome to the first new tournament in a line of unique tournaments I am bringing to the taiko community. This one is called Taiko Spin-Off! I am very excited to bring this idea to the community and I hope it will be overall a unique atmosphere and enviroment for everyone. There will be more tournaments spread throughout the year, all with unique ideas and formats for you guys to enjoy.

The idea is rather simple. Have you ever seen Wheel of Fortune? You know how they spin a wheel to see what they get before going into the competition? That is how it is here. Hand-Crafted by our staff, we will make unique wheels every week with individual pools on them. The referee will spin, and the wheel will be shown on stream (or if there is no streamer, through photos) what you have landed on. Once the wheel decides what you get, it's your choice of the pool! Unless you get a bad spin, but don't worry, you have 2 free spins! So what are you waiting for? Let's get random!

One week there may be converts on the wheel, next week it may be high bpm maps! There will be base pools, however, such as No Mod, Hard Rock and Hidden. The idea will become more clear when we play, and hopefully I will have a video showcasing the format so everyone can understand! Spin-Off! will be in the traditional 3v3 format, with increasing Best Of series up until grand finals.

This is an idea I have had for a good while now, and I have gotten lots of feedback on it, so hopefully it is the next tournament you guys look forward to in the future. I am very excited to share more details at a later time, but until then, I welcome you with open arms to Taiko Spin-Off!

Try Out The Wheel!!!

List of Registered Teams

Stream Channel Here!

Schedules and Bracket (Placeholder)

Statistics (Placeholder) !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Pools:

Stay tuned! The Group Stage pool will be released on the weekend prior to the first matches!

Suggest maps here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournament Staff:

Management, Organization and Mappool Selection: Backfire PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING!
Mappool Selection:
Tamaki, n1doking and Lost The Lights
Referees: Niko-Nyan, Chocola_2287, hikikochan, Magnomizer and Umaibo_Umai
Streamers: Hopefully Catgirl and Someone Else
Commentators: To be announced
Statistics: Compiled by the staff
Art Director: S a n d

Tournament Dates:

Registration Period: July 25th until August 27th (12 AM UTC-11)
Tournament Start: September 3rd
Tournament End: October 9th

Prizes*:

First Place: 144 Points and Profile Badges for the whole team
Second Place: 96 Points for the whole team
Third Place: 48 Points for the whole team
Points can be cashed in for prizes, like supporter. Other prizes have not been announced yet, but the staff have said they are looking into it. All prizes are going to be provided from the osu! tournament staff! Thank you so much!

Signature Code:

[url=https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/481724][img]http://puu.sh/qcAM5/6935effc94.png[/img][/url]

In Taiko Spin-Off, Registration is no longer country based. You may sign up with up to 5 friends, but you must PM Backfire to first get confirmation of your team. Please include a time which you will be scheduled under! UTC format is appreciated. There is a maximum of 32 teams, so don't miss your chance! If you are looking for a team, also PM Backfire and the staff can help you look for other players interested as well!

Rules

Please read the rules carefully and thoroughly!
1. General Rules
1.1: Taiko Spin-Off is a 3v3 team tournament, with double elimination bracket and normal scoring rules.

1.2: The maps for each round will be announced by the mapset selector in advance on the Sunday before the actual matches take place.
  • 1.2.1: There will be a variety of pools, from No Mod to Convert, but the variety will be kept a SECRET until the day of pool releases.
  • 1.2.2: FreeMod allows either HardRock or Hidden mode to be used. Refer to section 5.7 for more information.
1.3: Match schedule will be settled by the Tournament Management.

1.4: If no staff or referee is available, the match will be postponed.

1.5: Use of the Visual Settings options are allowed.

1.6: If the game ends in a draw, the match will be played with another tiebreaker via the !roll system.

1.7: If a player disconnects, their score is treated as being 0.
  • 1.7.1: Unless the disconnected player has a screenshot with their final score, or the server saved their score before disconnection, so we can compare it to the others.

1.7.2: The second exception is when the player is disconnected in first ten seconds of a map. In that case, there will be a rematch. This may only occur once per map.

1.8: Maps cannot be reused in the same match unless the game was nullified.

1.9: If less than 3 players attend, you may ask for a handicap match to be played ONCE if the other team complies.

1.10: Exchanging players during a match is allowed.

1.11: Lag is not a valid reason to nullify a map.

1.12: Unexpected incidents are handled by the tournament management.

1.13: Any modification of these rules will be announced.

2. Tournament Registration
2.1: Your team needs at least 3 players to participate.
  • 2.1.1: The maximum size of a team is 6 players.

2.1.2: Any player can form a team with any other player.

2.1.3: Ask the Tournament Staff about these regional teams for verification.

2.1.4: You must specify a captain who will represent a team.
2.2: The Tournament Team involved directly with the map pool may not participate as players in this tournament. This does not include referees, streamers and commentators.

2.3: The maximum amount of teams is 32.

2.4: For a team to sign up, the captain must PM the Tournament Management.

2.5: To ensure valid registrations, any registrations and changes will be checked.

2.6: All successfully registered teams will be published once they have been confirmed with the captains.
  • 2.6.1: Captains will get notified when their roster has been accepted or rejected.

2.6.2: Upon rejection, one of the tournament staff members should explain the reason why your team has been declined.

3. Stage Instructions
3.1: In the first stage (Group Stage), the teams will be divided into 8 groups of 4 teams.

• 3.1.1: If less than 32 teams arrive, the grouping will be set up differently.
3.2: Each team from each group will face all the other teams once.

3.3: Rankings of each group are determined by sorting the results of each team's performance in the following priority:
  • 3.3.1: More Matches Won.
    3.3.2: Have higher {(the number of maps won) - (the number of maps defeated)}.
    3.3.3: Most maps won.
    3.3.4: Winner of the rematch.
3.4: The top 2 teams of each group will move on to the Knock-Out Stages. (depending on the grouping)

3.5: Following stages are Knock-Out Stages. This means that the winner moves to the next stage and the losing team gets put into the loser brackets.

3.6: Winning condition: Rounds will be carried out through group score, and going in a Best Of format.
  • - In Group Stage and Round of 16, Best of Five
    - In Quarter-Finals, Best of Seven
    - In Semi Finals and Finals, Best of 9.
    - In Grand Finals, Best of 11, Winners Bracket Advantage is 1 extra win.

4. Match Instructions
4.1: A referee (or tournament manager) will create a multiplayer room 10 minutes in advance. Players must gather during this period.
  • 4.1.1: The room will be locked. The password and multiplayer invite will be sent to the two captains as soon as possible.
    4.1.2: Room settings are Taiko, Team-Vs., Win Condition: 'Score'. Room name must be "Spin-Off 2016: TeamBlue vs TeamRed"
    4.1.3: The team mentioned first in the room name must be the blue team, the team mentioned second in the room name must be the red team.
    4.1.4: Blue team must occupy slots 1, 2 and 3. Red team must occupy slots 4, 5 and 6. In the case of a tiebreaker, the blue player occupies slot 1 and the red player slot 2.
    4.1.5: The setup at the start of the match must remain consistent throughout.
4.2: Each team is allowed to select one warm-up map.

4.3: Wheel Spinning will alternate between each captain selecting a map out of the map pool. Each captain must use "!roll" once in #multiplayer to determine which team spins first. Highest score will mean first warm up as well.
  • 4.3.1: Each team is allowed 1 mulligan in GS and RO16, 2 mulligans in QF and SF, and 3 mulligans in Finals and Grand Finals. Mulligans will allow you to spin the wheel again if you are displeased with the result.
4.4: In case of a tie, there will be a tiebreaker wheel, which decides which of 2 tie-breakers will be played.

4.5: Results will be published via the Statistics site.

5. Mappool Instructions
5.1: Wheels will be created uniquely for each week, with a reveal of the bonus categories every week. We will reveal these as necessary.

5.2: Each map-pool consists of 5 BASIC brackets: NoMod, Hidden, HardRock, DoubleTime, and Tiebreaker.

5.3: Each map-pool will consist of 22 maps.

5.4: Each map-pool has two tiebreakers. They will both be the longest maps in the pool.

• 5.4.1: The tiebreaker will be played without mods activated.
    5.4.2: In the freak event of a tie on the tiebreaker, the tiebreaker will be replayed under FreeMod conditions.
5.5: The NoMod bracket will be played with no mods activated.

5.6: The Hidden, HardRock and DoubleTime bracket will be played with the respective mods activated.

5.7: Bonus Brackets will be explained in their respective weeks they appear.[/list]

5.8: The size of the NoMod bracket will be 3 for all pools.

5.9: The size of the mod-specific brackets will be 3 for all pools.

5.10: Bonus Brackets will consist of 3/3/1/1

5.11: The mappool will be released after the last match of the previous stage has been played.

6. Scheduling Instructions
6.1: Each stage will be held on a single weekend.

6.2: Matches in Group Stage may overlap.

6.3: Scheduling will be handled by the Tournament Management. Schedules and mappools will be released on the Sunday before the first matches of the actual stage. The Tournament Management will try to create the schedule to respect the participant's time zone.

6.4: Captains are responsible for their teams’ availability. The greater team size exists to ensure every team can provide at least three players for each match.

If there are any questions about the rules, please either post in this thread, or contact a Tournament Manager privately!
S a n d
Hype though I'm not playing XD
AlyNight
Well how hard is the map pool though?
Any rank restrictions?
Topic Starter
Backfire

Sniverre235 wrote:

Any rank restrictions?
No rank restrictions, the map pool will be comparable to previous World Cups, albiet, will get much more crazy with all of the bonus pools!
AlyNight

Backfire wrote:

Sniverre235 wrote:

Any rank restrictions?
No rank restrictions, the map pool will be comparable to previous World Cups, albiet, will get much more crazy with all of the bonus pools!
Thank you for the answer.
But I will not be joining because the map-pool is a little too hard for me
huepike
wow nice design banner lol
Lovelyattack
i smell japan / taiwan again who will take this place
Pochacco
it would be nice to try out this one :D
Grimbow
wew more tournies
Shinsekai-
well :^) i can't play ;; i want but i can't
pmriva
more tourney h y p e :^)

Backfire wrote:

nice banner tho S a n d :3
Niko-nyan

pmriva wrote:

more tourney h y p e :^)

Backfire wrote:

nice banner tho S a n d :3
practice before the dream team hype
Ayyri
n i c e
Dargin
"Convert Pool"? *sniff* *sniff* you there n1do?
Topic Starter
Backfire
Please check the rewards section! The tournament staff has told us what we are eligible for as far as prizes, and I am very pleased about it as well!
Alepat
I tried out the Wheel of Fortune, and the 1st Spin are Convert Pool. Oh. OH. OH GOD (?)

Hype~~
Topic Starter
Backfire

Me and decon did a video explaining the rules, and showing the format off a little bit. Hope you guys enjoy.
Niko-nyan

Backfire wrote:

Me and decon did a video explaining the rules, and showing the format off a little bit. Hope you guys enjoy.
and introducing a mystery map too for the example
Shinsekai-
oh god... FORTUNE ROULETE
Ney

Dargin wrote:

"Convert Pool"? *sniff* *sniff* you there n1do?

nah
show more