forum

Taiko Spin-Off! [Postponed Indefinitely (READ LAST POST)]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Backfire
We finally got our first team :D ! Please make sure to sign up soon, instead of waiting!
Chromoxx
Hype
Shinsekai-
searching for a team ;_;
Niko-nyan

Chromoxx wrote:

Hype
hype for stealing my member :( while we haven't decide to use him. ok im out
DarkStoorM
Damn, was hoping for not-a-3v3 tournament. :(
No solo then 8-) gl
Topic Starter
Backfire

DarkStoorM wrote:

No solo then 8-) gl
I'm sorry, our next tournament will probably be a solo-type tournament! I hope you can still participate in this one...
DarkStoorM

Backfire wrote:

DarkStoorM wrote:

No solo then 8-) gl
I'm sorry, our next tournament will probably be a solo-type tournament! I hope you can still participate in this one...
I think I will be able to participate, I will try to find someone to play with :D
Topic Starter
Backfire
I'd like to alert everyone to a rule change at 4.3.1

4.3.1: Each team is allowed 1 mulligan in GS and RO16, 2 mulligans in QF and SF, and 3 mulligans in Finals and Grand Finals. Mulligans will allow you to spin the wheel again if you are displeased with the result.

Originally, given 2 mulligans at all stages of the tournament, but this scaling method will allow less rolls in the beginning and more at the end, so that there is less tampering in the beginning but also more room in the later stages with more rounds.
Catgirl
still looking for another streamer preferably not in USA timezones

i don't want to have to kill my sleeping patterns every weekend just to be able to stream all the matches

(also i'm trying to put together a team so i'd need someone else available to stream so that i could still play)
Jaye

Niko-nyan wrote:

Chromoxx wrote:

Hype
hype for stealing my member :( while we haven't decide to use him. ok im out
Dw, my kidnappers aren't that bad; they give me food :D
Niko-nyan
don't worry i already hiatus rn. btw check your forum pm later :3
Ikkun
I would love to join, unfortunately I don't have a team to join with :(
Shinsekai-
iKKUN DO YOU WANT MAKE A TEAM WITH ME? D:!!
Chromoxx
also, if anyone needs help making a team please ask me.
I will try to find other players in your region for you who would also want to play and try to help you make a team with them!
Shinsekai-
Chromoxx HELP!!! <3 ;_;
ndrrr
iKKUN DO YOU WANT MAKE A TEAM WITH ME? D:!!

oh wait of course you want
Topic Starter
Backfire
Just wanna make an announcement, certain pools like Convert and stuff like that, it won't be used in EVERY wheel. So don't worry if you're scared about having to perform on something like convert maps in every round, you wont! We are also going to try to keep the cheesey things for the EARLY rounds, so that it is more fair but also varied in the later stages. Please sign up, don't be scared :(
Topic Starter
Backfire
Actually I wanna make another post, I will accept individual registrations and post them to the registered teams group so that people know who want to sign up. Please pm me if you have not found a team yet, so that we can find you one.
ptar124
North Korean Teams... sounds legit :)
pmriva
looking for a team :D
Shinsekai-
Yay i have a team \o\
Topic Starter
Backfire
If we can't get 20 teams I will probably cancel the tournament. Sorry.
Chromoxx

Backfire wrote:

If we can't get 20 teams I will probably cancel the tournament. Sorry.
well, if we had 16 teams we could start off from the bracket stage
DarkStoorM
Well, in the worst case you can limit the team size to 4 and form new teams from all the remaining players.
You can get additional 5 teams by that.
Chromoxx

DarkStoorM wrote:

Well, in the worst case you can limit the team size to 4 and form new teams from all the remaining players.
It's a pretty bad idea forcing already existing teams to break up, since it will force the decision of which 4 players to keep and will end up hurting people in the end. Also many people will not want to play if this were to be enforced, making the situation even worse than it is already.
DarkStoorM

Chromoxx wrote:

DarkStoorM wrote:

It's a pretty bad idea forcing already existing teams to break up, since it will force the decision of which 4 players to keep and will end up hurting people in the end. Also many people will not want to play if this were to be enforced, making the situation even worse than it is already.
Oooh, I forgot there is a purpose of a bigger team, like not everyone can play all the mods. And yeah, now I see why it's bad.
No idea why people are not registering. I was hoping for a bigger hype.
Chromoxx
Just tell your friends and try to spread the hype i guess.
I'm sure we can still get to 20 teams, if there are 1-3 teams missing the tournament could be postponed by 1 week or so like they did with LMS3.
Let's hype it up guys and try to get some more teams.
If you want to make a team but don't know who to invite feel free to shoot me a pm and i might be able to suggest some people :D
Nwolf
gib me a tem
Topic Starter
Backfire
I guess if we get 16, that would be fine. Please tell all of your friends

Also if you would like to join a discord to discuss as well as just hang out, I have one here https://discord.gg/xH7zmDm
Eiuh
trying to get a team together, i have 3 so far

anyone interested pm me xd

Edit: I have a team now :D
Catgirl
any word on a second streamer? i don't want to die
Topic Starter
Backfire
Well, it kind of looks like no one is going to play...I'm going to delay this for 2 more weeks. We apparently just need way more time, we need streamers, and we need people to get the word out about the tournament. NO ONE IS GOING TO PLAY UNLESS THEY KNOW ABOUT IT! If we can get 16 teams and an extra streamer before next friday, I will start next week, if not, we will delay some more till 2 weeks.
Eiuh
Did you not get my registration pm Backfire?
Topic Starter
Backfire
Yes I got it but we will be indefinitely postponing the tournament. There is a multitude of personal reasons among other things, I don't want to blame the community but 14 of the absolute bare minimum of 16 is not enough for me to go through with at my current state. It's with a heavy heart, but, taiko doesn't seem interested in things like this unless it's done at a smaller scale and admittedly maybe it's my fault for expecting more teams by allowing custom teams rather than countries. This freedom ended up being the biggest limitation, since I guess lower scale players did not want to participate against all these super teams. As disappointing as it is, I'm sure you guys will be ok without it, it's not like we lost anything you had experienced and knew would be good. There was going to be growing pains and missteps, ultimately. I'm sorry to those who were looking forward to it, you were my motivation to keep going and at least try, but you can't do something that isn't there, and simply, if there is no interest, there is no way for me to continue on. I wish I could tell you guys some of the personal issues I'm having, why I made this decisions as well as what I said, but it's too painful to think about and would be uncourteous to drone about as well. As far as me, I think I have come to the end of my journey, as I lost a lot of motivation and passion for this game over the course of the last 6 or 7 months, it has slowly whittled as my relationships and feelings grinded away.

I truly want to thank everyone who has ever supported me and wish to participate. I know in the past I have said I was going and then eventually came back, who knows if that's what will happen, but hopefully I can leave this game behind.

There's one more thing, however, if you are interested in perhaps taking the reigns of this tournament and extending the periods much further, I can allow you to take over the project along with the teams, and teach you how to run a tournament successfully. If there is ANYONE out there who believes that they still want this tournament to happen despite me leaving, please contact me as soon as possible so we can set it up. I don't want to leave the community disappointed entirely, so I will leave it into your hands.
IControl
I'm confused are you cancleing it or moving it to next week? Also I could help organize if you need some help with that
Ayyri
Indefinitely.
pmriva
:(
Hanjamon
disappointed