1.35%
Other
10.81%
I don't have a mechanical Keyboard :/
15.54%
Total votes: 148
Topic Starter
TheLukay
So like the title already says: what switches do you use(and why) and share your experience if you want.

I've went through Cherry switches from Red to Black, Blue, Brown to Green.

From what I've read in this forum most people seem to prefer the light switches over heavy ones.

Also if you're not having a mechanical keyboard but are indecisive about what to get, you might find help here.

Cheers :)
KanoSet
i use blues cuz that's what my keyboard came with
TakuMii
Went from Cherry MX Brown to Cherry MX Blue to Cherry MX Brown to Bloody LK Optical (linear) to Bloody LK2 Optical (clicky on actuation, linear on release).
I love having tactile switches, but the lower release point on Blues are a deal-breaker for me (makes streaming harder).

Browns are my favourite out of all of the MX flavours, but they are tactile both on actuation and release (IMO it's pointless to have feedback on release, but it's that way by design), and still have issues with debounce latency like every other mechanical keyboard. From my experience with MX Reds (or any other linear switch, really), they'll only harm your accuracy (both in games and typing) unless you spend copious amounts of time getting used to them, since you can't feel when they actuate. They're fantastic for your stamina though.

I imported a A4Tech Bloody B830 keyboard (which has LK2 switches aka LK Optical Blue switches), and I really didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that my first LK keyboard was more responsive than any other mechanical keyboard I've tried (it uses infrared beams to actuate instead of metal contacts), and I wanted a tactile version of the very same switch technology.
Turns out that they actually did something completely different with this new switch design; it uses a rotating click stem mechanism that reminds me of the kind you find in retractable pens, which gives you that satisfying MX Blue click when you press down, but absolutely no feedback (a la MX Red) when you release. It's like having the best of both worlds.

I've only started using this keyboard recently, but I can already easily say that this might very well be the best switch on the market for rhythm games. It's a shame that they only sell them in China.
Endaris
Every bet there are numerous editions of this poll already.
Topic Starter
TheLukay

Endaris wrote:

Every bet there are numerous editions of this poll already.
But none of them have this broad choice for a poll
StephOsu
razer green because I was a fucking retard
Fxjlk
Reds because I had to pick a switch without trying it out and most people seem to like them so I got the cheapest keyboard with reds in them. Much better than a membrane keyboard, especially for osu.
KupcaH
Using rubberdome. I find mechanical keyboard a money waste. :>
Topic Starter
TheLukay

StephOsu wrote:

sarcasm or not?
N0thingSpecial

TheLukay wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

sarcasm or not?
Judging from pass post he might actually be retarded, it takes one to know one buddy
StephOsu

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Judging from pass post he might actually be retarded, it takes one to know one buddy
pretty much this
so no Kappa
Topic Starter
TheLukay

StephOsu wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

pretty much this
so no Kappa
At least you're honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rurree
I currently use a Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum with Romer-G switches, I'm loving it a lot. I like it more than my old Corsair K95 Vengeance keyboard with Cherry MX Reds. I'm not too much of a fan of these switches because they're a pain to type essays on and they scratch and wobble way too much for my liking. Looks like I'll be avoiding Corsair keyboards for now besides the Strafe MX Blue which I'm interested in. I'm currently prioritizing on getting a Vortex Pok3r/WASD V2 with MX Clears though.

Topic Starter
TheLukay

Rurree wrote:

I currently use a Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum with Romer-G switches, I'm loving it a lot. I like it more than my old Corsair K95 Vengeance keyboard with Cherry MX Reds. I'm not too much of a fan of these switches because they're a pain to type essays on and they scratch and wobble way too much for my liking. Looks like I'll be avoiding Corsair keyboards for now besides the Strafe MX Blue which I'm interested in. I'm currently prioritizing on getting a Vortex Pok3r/WASD V2 with MX Clears though.

That looks pretty slick. I really like the volume scrollwheel. I used to have a Corsair K90 and that also had a scrollwheel. idk why but that little thing is so cool and feels much better than normal buttons.
The Gambler
Where are my Sanwas at?
_WinTer
I use the QS1 switches for Steelseries Apex M800