forum

Ranked 1v1 Matches

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
Ishmon
I my opinion i think there should be an anonymous 1v1 ranked matches to keep the game fresh that way you don't have to about countless people or quit when you know it's impossible to catch up to said person thats in 1st when your playing with 8 people Please support my opinion :D
[Sora]_old
What do you exactly mean?
o_o
Topic Starter
Ishmon

[Sora] wrote:

o_o
this is basically my idea for people who can't handle be rooms i am kinda one of those people because if you like me in a room full of 8 im always nervous or can't play right but if its a just 2 peopl in a room i feel calmed and relax and i am able to play better.
Lunah_old
Like a ladder?

I don't understand the point, I mean you can create room with 2 slots only if you wish
[Sora]_old

Ishmon16 wrote:

[Sora] wrote:

o_o
this is basically my idea for people who can't handle be rooms i am kinda one of those people because if you like me in a room full of 8 im always nervous or can't play right but if its a just 2 peopl in a room i feel calmed and relax and i am able to play better.

What Luna said you can make a Room and make a password only you and your friend knows so you can play with only two people or so you don't always have to play with 8. So I don't get it with this idea. D:
Topic Starter
Ishmon
Basically like you said like a Ladder not solely like if you win that person gets kicked out the room and another enters and you keep going and going til you lose then your kicked i would think i had to put that :p but that basically what i mean
[Sora]_old
Oh I see what you mean. Cool I guess its an Ok idea :3
But it should math up players who are around the same level as them right? or does someone just 'join'.
Topic Starter
Ishmon

[Sora] wrote:

Oh I see what you mean. Cool I guess its an Ok idea :3
But it should math up players who are around the same level as them right? or does someone just 'join'.
i was thinking by either randoms (if you want to get right into playing) or same skill level (if you someone to play with somebody with the same or close to skill as you ^_^)
[Sora]_old
Oh Mmkay I like the idea with the same skill level.
Anyway its a cool idea. Though people Can sort of Do that on there own but...
.w.
Topic Starter
Ishmon
also in addition to the idea there could be 2v2 ranked matches for COOP same idea as 1v1 ranked matches
blissfulyoshi
Just wondering, how do you plan to implement the ladder? Rank? A new system?

From what I am getting in your topic post, you just want someone to play with. In that case, why won't some of the old request for ghost do? You could probably find a recording that is around your skill level and play against that.

Just some questions to consider.
PhyProductions
How would the "similar skill" work anyways? Rank wouldn't work because simply playing a new ranked map and passing pushes it up. Accuracy wouldn't as high accuracy people could've gotten it from the easiest of maps. What else is there to base "skill" on?
Topic Starter
Ishmon

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Just wondering, how do you plan to implement the ladder? Rank? A new system?

From what I am getting in your topic post, you just want someone to play with. In that case, why won't some of the old request for ghost do? You could probably find a recording that is around your skill level and play against that.

Just some questions to consider.
no that isnt the reason i thought it would be a good idea and good game add-on beside im pretty sure everyone would like the ladder idea mostly everyone does it
blissfulyoshi

Ishmon16 wrote:

no that isnt the reason i thought it would be a good idea and good game add-on beside im pretty sure everyone would like the ladder idea mostly everyone does it
...You know that unless you have a more concrete idea on how to implement this, nothing is going to happen. On another note, I personally would not do it. When I play a map for a reason besides entertainment or testing, I play for score, and there is already a high score list for me to compete with.
Topic Starter
Ishmon

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Ishmon16 wrote:

...You know that unless you have a more concrete idea on how to implement this, nothing is going to happen. On another note, I personally would not do it. When I play a map for a reason besides entertainment or testing, I play for score, and there is already a high score list for me to compete with.
i basically had this idea for ppl with the same lvl as them would have a good challenge for like newcomers to osu! can play against ppl who are new to osu! and for ppl who are veteran to osu! and play against other veterans imo same skill lvl or a little higher than same is important to give everyone a fighting chance