forum

Nintendo - The Dark World

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Donjo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 at 7:02:38 PM

Artist: Nintendo
Title: The Dark World- Zelda LttP
BPM: 136.7
Filesize: 3303kb
Play Time: 01:56
Difficulties Available:
  1. Aghanim(Normal) (2.43 stars, 142 notes)
  2. Ganon(Hard) (4.84 stars, 318 notes)
Download: Nintendo - The Dark World- Zelda LttP
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is the theme of the Dark World in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Update 1, 3: Followed advice of Kingcobra 52 and Llehuty to enhance player experience.
Update 2: Renamed Hard to "Ganon" and added 'Aghanim(Normal)'
Update 4: Enhanced Normal with Whistles and Finish sounds, as well as changing placement to avoid it being "Hard, just with deleted notes"
Update 5: Enhanced Hard with better spacing, Whistle and Finish Sounds. Some placement was slightly changed to accomdate for proper spacing.
Update 6: Fixed small errors spotted by CheeseWarlock.
Update 7(Hopefully the final update :D): I have mapped the loop. I made the hard version of the loop significantly harder than the first time, but normal was not changed regarding difficulity. If you whine about the beats not being snapped, they were snapped in 1/8 time due to timing problems that came with using 1/4.
Update 8(Darn, another update): Added breaks between the loops on both normal and hard. Additionally, I resnapped all notes to fix a very slight timing error that caused many a 100.
Update 9(It never ends!): Followed advice of Kingcobra52 that wasn't already covered by update 8.
Update 10(...): Followed some advice from Cyclone
Update 11: Learned a lesson about BPM from Sinistro and put it into effective use by using Cyclones suggestions once more.
Update 12: Resnapped notes in the second half to keep the song in a 1/4 divisor.
Update 13: Resnapped MORE notes and adjusted some slider lengths according to Cyclone's suggestions.
Update 13.1: Fixed both offsets in both difficulities so that they would be equal :D

Bumped on Wednesday, September 3, 2008
llehuty
I like it. The only thing I noticed is the last spinner which, in my opinion, should end earlier in order to match the music
kingcobra52
BPM: 136.75
Offset: 3539

Resnap/Recalc/Recheck/Resubmit

As for the map itself, You need to fill in the gaps where there's no notes since this is a hard map. Try following the bass line in addition to the melody in order to find places for beats. When in doubt, do quarter notes. :P

Individul tweaks:

00:06:82 (1) - Why a new combo?
00:25:69 (6) - Farther from 3,4,5
00:27:89 (1) - Much farther from 12. Distance snap accordingly
00:28:10 (3) - Closer to 1 and 2
00:31:61 (3) - see above
00:35:12 (3) - same
00:56:08 (1) - Like llehuty suggested above, end the spinner earlier so it goes with the music

My favorite from LttP. Glad to see someone's finally mapping it. :)
Topic Starter
Donjo
Kingcobra52: I have no idea why that first fix was a new combo but it got fixed :D

Other then that, everything is fixed, and it somehow made the star rating slightly higher.

I officially decree that I shall do a Normal difficulty for this beatmap.
kingcobra52
Timing is better, but you still to need to fill in gaps where there are no notes. One example is between 00:09:03 (7) and 00:10:56 (1). Follow the suggestions I noted above.

Also, you should only use 1/8 divisor if it's REALLY necessary. With that said, I recommend you use 1/4 divisor instead and adjust your beats accordingly. If it doesn't sound right, it's likely that the timing's off, not the beats.

Other than that, it's looking good. Keep it up. :)
Topic Starter
Donjo
You were absolutely right about using 1/4 divisor. I filled in the gaps, which forced me to stack all triplets that were not already stacked. The bass beat helped immensely when it came to the extra beats. As you can see, Hard got even harder :O but my testing shows it's perfectly passable.
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Donjo
I have fixed and enhanced Normal. Sounds are added, spacing has been reworked, and overall placement has been changed to avoid being too similar to Hard.

Changes to Hard are coming soon.

EDIT: Changes to Hard are now complete!
CheeseWarlock
Normal:
00:21:53 (2) - Spacing.

Hard:
00:55:70 (11) - Isn't snapped.

And I'd like to see more of the song mapped. One minute is a bit short.
Topic Starter
Donjo
Those two errors are fixed.

The reason the song isn't longer is because at the point where the song ends, it simply loops again. Unless it is a massively horrible error on my part that will eventually prevent this song from getting ranked, I don't truly see a point in mapping the same song twice.
Kasada
Topic Starter
Donjo
My move to Michigan is now so close that the Computer is getting packed tomorrow. That means NOTHING is gonna happen for all of this week. Sorry about this it isn't my fault I am moving.

UPDATE: I'm moved and all settled! Time to get back to work!
Topic Starter
Donjo
The loop is now mapped. :D

Have fun playing them, hard got a good bit harder cause I'm evil like that :P
kingcobra52
Normal:

I think you need to experiment a bit more with the whistle/finish sounds, especially in the places where you alternate between whistle and a regular beat. It just sounds weird.

00:56:64 (1) - Start at 56:20 (white tick), End at 59:27 (also a white tick), add a break after the spinner too.

Everything else after this need to be shift 1/8 beat forward. Looks like you copy/pasted in the wrong area. :P

Hard:

00:21:15 (1) - Shift 1/8 beat back.
00:28:12 (3) - Make 1/8 beat longer.
00:29:60 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - Shift 1/8 forward.
00:55:69 (11) - 1/8 forward.
00:56:64 (1) - See normal.

Shift everything else after the spinner 1/8 forward.

Also, you might want to consider using short repeating sliders in some places where you have 3-4 quarter notes together (such as 00:14:73 (3,4,5) ). As it is now, even saturos' finger would probably get f-ed up. :P
Topic Starter
Donjo
Alright! Everything is fixed! I'd also like to mention that the way the second half is laid out... it's MEANT to f up some fingers. I hope Saturos can learn to use two fingers mwahahahaha :P
Cyclone
I came up with:
BPM: 136.70
Offset: 3,524

GANON:
00:21:53 (2) - Slider ends at a weird time. Slider should last 2 1/2 beats.
01:03:11 - Re-snap ALL notes past this point

AGHANIM:
00:28:10 (1,2,3) re-snap

EDIT: 2 more things:

1. This is a pretty fun map
2. Try to keep in the grid if at all possible
Topic Starter
Donjo

Cyclone wrote:

I came up with:
BPM: 136.70
Offset: 3,524
Please tell me why a change that small would help with the beatmap. This is still my first beatmap and I don't understand the point of changing it by so little.

Cyclone wrote:

GANON:
00:21:53 (2) - Slider ends at a weird time. Slider should last 2 1/2 beats.
Done :D

Cyclone wrote:

AGHANIM:
No can do. Everything described there is already snapped.

Cyclone wrote:

2. Try to keep in the grid if at all possible
I needed to go off the grid so that distance snap would actually WORK properly :P

As you can see, I learned the quote function better so I can now better answer critique :D:D
Cyclone

Donjo wrote:

Cyclone wrote:

AGHANIM:
No can do. Everything described there is already snapped.
This song doesn't require anything more than a beat snap divisor of 1/4. Recheck those parts, and anything else you may have used 1/8 beat snap on.

OH and don't worry about the grid thing, just something that bugs me as a player.
LuigiHann
Seems pretty solid to me. I'll bubble it, but feel free to pop this if you don't trust me.
Topic Starter
Donjo
Before that bubble gets popped, I fixed the error I had in using 1/8 divisor. It's now all snapped in 1/4 and all good and stuff :D
Cyclone
If you changed it, you didn't upload it.

LuigiHann
Sadly, Cyclone is right. Looks like you fixed part of the map but not the whole thing. :( Down to a star for now.
Topic Starter
Donjo
It seems that I did fix it, but there was an error in uploading. I mentioned this fix in update 12, which it seems is not there! Anyways I'm reattempting the upload now :D

Update: Upload successful! The change should be reflected now, unless i'm totally blind :P
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Donjo
Mogsy
Now that it's finally all fixed, I see no reason to not upgrade this to a bubble.
Topic Starter
Donjo
Now all that's left to do is wait for another BAT :D
Dakeyrus
All looks good, and believe me, I was thorough on this one, love the song. Grats Donjo!
peppy
Learn to title songs correctly *sigh*. The spacing is wrong (no space before dash etc.), and why the hell is Zelda LttP even there??? lttp... is that link's text transfer procol? It should be the source, not in the title.

Seriously guys (BATs especially) watch for this and fix it before its ranked.
Topic Starter
Donjo
If you want me to fix the title, you can unrank it real quick, but last time I tampered with that stuff, it made a duplicate beatmap...

LttP stands for Link to the Past. It's the subtitle of the particular Zelda game this song is from. As you can see, it's a bit long all the way typed out. I'll just type it all out in the source box so nobody is confused.

UPDATE: The changes are ready to upload, so please unrank when you are ready to see them.

Kalithar
I'm wondering if you could make another difficulty between the 2 already there. I find one too hard and one too easy. I'm kind of hoping for another difficulty so I can have a challenge that's not impossible for me to do. (Sorry about my rambling.)