1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,105
show more
posted

ziin wrote:

The real limitation here is that it would require a complete revamp of the file format, and I'm not sure the benefits are worth the work.
We're already 13 changes in, why not a 14th change if it improves mapping :3?
osu file format v14
posted

Yauxo wrote:

ziin wrote:

The real limitation here is that it would require a complete revamp of the file format, and I'm not sure the benefits are worth the work.
We're already 13 changes in, why not a 14th change if it improves mapping :3?
osu file format v14
On second thought this would be easier than previously thought. It would just work off of timing sections. My other point still stands that this is already possible to do in the current osu format but nobody has done the work.
posted
Via storyboard? It's more work than it's worth for, really. I wouldnt want to skin an universal skin (people use different skins, remember that) and fiddle around with every single object Ive put down. Modding would be hell as well if you have to move objects around.

As you mentioned, most people play with full dim and no video/sb anyway, so there's not much use in that. As a gimmicky map though? Well, yea, maybe. If someone feels like doing that. I know I dont.
posted
By hard being hard i didnt mean putting deathstream into the part that obviously shouldnt be any kind of stream. Since you already picked image material...I think that if you picked ar8/9 for slow part before kiai most of players would be thrown of by sudden change of ar even if warned previously and thus very bad.

And since my opinion obviously wont change until i see the results please stop this pointless whatever it is.
posted

baraatje123 wrote:

- Lumi - wrote:

The AR change would be from only 1 point or 1,5 maximum !
Also, this rule is probably a rule which will get added to avoid abuse
Sure.
posted

Yauxo wrote:

Via storyboard? It's more work than it's worth for, really. I wouldnt want to skin an universal skin (people use different skins, remember that) and fiddle around with every single object Ive put down. Modding would be hell as well if you have to move objects around.

As you mentioned, most people play with full dim and no video/sb anyway, so there's not much use in that. As a gimmicky map though? Well, yea, maybe. If someone feels like doing that. I know I dont.
If making a storyboard is more work than it's worth for, really, then creating a whole new osu format is certainly more work than it's wort for, really.

Storyboards can use your skin. They just usually don't because the easiest way to make a bad storyboard is to have the storyboard interact with the hit objects like 11t does. I could make it work with a few skins, but it's easy to just force a skin and let the player modify the skin like in blythe. Obviously this would be done via SGLE or in excel. It's not a difficult process and would take 2 minutes to make a change via excel or 30 seconds compile time to make a change via SGLE.

Also, I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hromx6HeN_w
posted
When multiple new things are added for file format 15, this can also be added to it
There is no need ti add it now, but it will be really convenient if it gets added alongside multiple other new tweaks
posted

HK_ wrote:

.I think that if you picked ar8/9 for slow part before kiai most of players would be thrown of by sudden change of ar even if warned previously and thus very bad.

And since my opinion obviously wont change until i see the results please stop this pointless whatever it is.
You'd be suprised how many people can read Taiko AR/Scrollspeed changes without too many problems. Not too different for Std I'd imagine. People are already able to read heavy timing changes on extremely difficult maps (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/280107#), which, if you turn a few things, is basically comparable to an AR change on a steady BPM
Also, you're basically asking for answers and that's what Im doing.

ziin wrote:

If making a storyboard is more work than it's worth for, really, then creating a whole new osu format is certainly more work than it's wort for, really.

Storyboards can use your skin. They just usually don't because the easiest way to make a bad storyboard is to have the storyboard interact with the hit objects like 11t does. I could make it work with a few skins, but it's easy to just force a skin and let the player modify the skin like in blythe. Obviously this would be done via SGLE or in excel. It's not a difficult process and would take 2 minutes to make a change via excel or 30 seconds compile time to make a change via SGLE.

Also, I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hromx6HeN_w
Shouldve pointed out that I'd probably too much work for me, as I dont know much about storyboard - so I dont have much to object to that (maybe?).
I'd agree on baraatje's post above though.
posted

baraatje123 wrote:

When multiple new things are added for file format 15, this can also be added to it
There is no need ti add it now, but it will be really convenient if it gets added alongside multiple other new tweaks
This is one of those rare "feature requests" that can be proved (like a jubeat mode or a technika mode). Your arguments would carry so much more weight if there were lots of examples of good maps that use different Approach Rates.
posted

HK_ wrote:

By hard being hard i didnt mean putting deathstream into the part that obviously shouldnt be any kind of stream. Since you already picked image material...I think that if you picked ar8/9 for slow part before kiai most of players would be thrown of by sudden change of ar even if warned previously and thus very bad.
I frequently switch between AR4.5 and AR9.66 in consecutive maps I play and it requires no adjustment period at all. It's not difficult to get used to and putting the two approach rates in the same map doesn't add much difficulty to the process if it can only be changed during a break and is properly indicated in some way.

It's interesting to me that you've done some sort of almost 180 here. You were saying before that easy things in hard maps should be made difficult by use of high AR (which, by the way, is completely nonsensical, since anyone who can play the hard parts of the map well will have no issue at all reading the higher AR on the easy part). Now you're saying that we shouldn't add difficulty to maps by changing the AR (which is also pretty nonsensical, since it'll just require a little bit of getting used to). Like...those two things don't directly contradict each other, but I really don't understand what your opinion on approach rate is. Should it be used for difficulty? Should it not be used for difficulty? Should it be whatever the mapper wants to use? None of those answers make this request bad at all, but it looks like you're just jumping around between them to try to find one that supports your side of this.
posted
What im trying to say that its good just as it is. Dont fix it if its not broken.
posted
This is not a request for fixing some kind of bug, it's a feature request.

You seem to miss the point
posted

HK_ wrote:

What im trying to say that its good just as it is. Dont fix it if its not broken.
Yeeeeaaaah, Okoratu pretty much hit the nail on the head in their reply. This exact reasoning could be given against ANY feature request. If you don't want new features in osu!, then please stay out of this subforum. You're wasting everyone else's time.
posted

HK_ wrote:

Dont fix it if its not broken.
Don't knock it until you've tried it.
posted
Bump
posted
No.
posted
Yes.
posted

Yauxo wrote:

Yes.
posted
I think this is a great point you bring up, I'll support your idea.
posted

Kitsunemimi wrote:

No because if we had this, it would be totally disorienting and unnecessary.
show more
Please sign in to reply.