forum

Allow to use different Approach Rates in map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,210
show more
Low
Easy difficulty AR 10 for pros
Mercurial
Awesome bump +Support.
kriers
I would make all those shitty ar9 maps into ar8 \;D/
dNextGen
come on,deny this shit already
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

dNextGen wrote:

come on,let me be smarter and let me get out of here already
5 Graveyard Maps is not a right way to vote here.
DawnII
I remember when we didn't allow slider speed changes.
ampzz
Oh god, no.
I would never enjoy trying to hidden sightread an approach change in a map, it would be a nightmare, even hard rock players would find it tediously annoying.

Also, kriers, stick to your silly Easy mod. XD
dNextGen

Giorgos wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

come on,let me be smarter and let me get out of here already
5 Graveyard Maps is not a right way to vote here.
?_____?

how does my graved maps related to this topic ? please enlighten me with your awesome knowledge
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

dNextGen wrote:

?_____?

how does my graved maps related to this topic ? please enlighten me with your awesome knowledge
You don't have any ranked maps,which means,that you are 99% don't understand why does osu needs different AR's in some songs. you are a kind of man who just need to come and talk shit about others without any evidence. Don't try to prove me wrong,because I am right in this situation.
Now don't go offtopic here,if you want to tell me something - write a PM.
dNextGen
not going to say anything since i seriously had no idea what the fuck are you talking about

sorry for being too stupid to understand your words tho
IppE
Just force AR9 to every single map.

/thread
Frizz
But then it's unfitting on some maps.
-Athena-
i don't map so please forgive me if i said something wrong (perhaps ill start soon XD)
For experienced mappers who can use this to their advantage then it would be a good thing to allow different AR's
but what about the others? i can already imagine how much more trouble there will be when modding
/me sticks to easy mod with kriers :D
Sakura

Giorgos wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

?_____?

You don't have any ranked maps,which means,that you are 99% don't understand why does osu needs different AR's in some songs. you are a kind of man who just need to come and talk shit about others without any evidence. Don't try to prove me wrong,because I am right in this situation.
Now don't go offtopic here,if you want to tell me something - write a PM.
Players are the ones who play the maps, now stop provoking people or more action will be taken, stay on topic and have a nice discussion.
narakucrimson
I just read this and, damn, yeah, it would fit some songs pretty nicely.

If the problem is abuse, we have to prevent it by adding extra guidelines like the one Mashley mentioned earlier but really, I don't see any other problems. And stubborn mappers are stubborn mappers and haters gonna hate, as always.

So yeah, I support this o/
Shiro

peppy wrote:

*holds gun to head*

*cringes and pulls trigger*

I think this will never get implemented.
-Athena-
peppy died D: nuuuuuu
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

narakucrimson wrote:

I just read this and, damn, yeah, it would fit some songs pretty nicely.

If the problem is abuse, we have to prevent it by adding extra guidelines like the one Mashley mentioned earlier but really, I don't see any other problems. And stubborn mappers are stubborn mappers and haters gonna hate, as always.

So yeah, I support this o/
Glad to see like-minded person!

BTW Haters can hate,I don't care :)
Sakura
I've always thought approach rates are better if they match up the speed of the song, it would screw hidden players (like me :() tho
Roddie
I'm surprised that this thread is open. Well, I don't support the idea and here's a reason why. Players can abuse this by setting the custom Approach Rate low and use Hard Rock just to get easy points and get in the leader boards easily. That's a bit unbalanced. :/ Saying "I'm sure players won't do that" is not a good excuse. You don't know that. Just throwing my two cents here.
bwross

Roddie wrote:

I'm surprised that this thread is open. Well, I don't support the idea and here's a reason why. Players can abuse this by setting the custom Approach Rate low and use Hard Rock just to get easy points and get in the leader boards easily. That's a bit unbalanced. :/ Saying "I'm sure players won't do that" is not a good excuse. You don't know that. Just throwing my two cents here.
You're confusing this thread with the other one. This one is about having multiple ARs in a single map... players can't abuse this, because it's set during mapping, never during playing. If anything, players would be abused by this. I'm not a fan of either suggestion... but this one wouldn't be nearly as bad (assuming that the modding process only gets better).
Roddie

bwross wrote:

You're confusing this thread with the other one. This one is about having multiple ARs in a single map... players can't abuse this, because it's set during mapping, never during playing. If anything, players would be abused by this. I'm not a fan of either suggestion... but this one wouldn't be nearly as bad (assuming that the modding process only gets better).
Oh I see... Well, sorry for the misunderstanding.
rickyboi
I'm against this because abuse might happen but here's a better idea.

How about letting players choose their own Approach Rates before starting a song? I mean not all people can read AR 9 (especially 10) and some players are just fine with AR 8 or even lower.

Most rythm games have this for example DDR, O2jam, DJmax etc.. you can choose different falling speeds on every song.
So yeah having it on osu would let you choose from AR 1 - AR 10.

Well what do you think? I think this feature is pretty good.
bomber34

rickyboi wrote:

I'm against this because abuse might happen but here's a better idea.

How about letting players choose their own Approach Rates before starting a song? I mean not all people can read AR 9 (especially 10) and some players are just fine with AR 8 or even lower.

Most rythm games have this for example DDR, O2jam, DJmax etc.. you can choose different falling speeds on every song.
So yeah having it on osu would let you choose from AR 1 - AR 10.

Well what do you think? I think this feature is pretty good.
well there is already a thread about that idea and i am against that, because you would screw the whole point system up.
also what is the point to have an easier insane diff. then? Or how many beatmaps even have such a high AR from begin with?
I think this could be an unranked mod but not an actual feature for everyone.
Stefan

Sakura Hana wrote:

I've always thought approach rates are better if they match up the speed of the song, it would screw hidden players (like me :() tho
Same. Hidden will be awful if Maps contain this.
rickyboi

bomber34 wrote:

rickyboi wrote:

You would screw the whole point system up. - Can be easily fixed by removing the AR calculated to multiply the score.
also what is the point to have an easier insane diff. then? Or how many beatmaps even have such a high AR from begin with? - I think you didn't understand what I was trying to point out.
Like I said this feature is about preference. The target is to make the player most comfortable to whatever AR he/she would prefer on any kind of song. I've seen lots of songs with only 140 - 160bpm but it has already 9 AR which doesn't really fit the bpm and especially songs with 200 - 250bpm but only has AR 7 or 8 .

If you've actually played DJmax, IIDX, DDR or O2jam you'll understand what I'm trying to say here.
bwross

rickyboi wrote:

bomber34 wrote:

You would screw the whole point system up.
You cut the most important part of that sentence. There is already a thread for that idea, and it would be best if you make your comments over there so they don't get lost.
theowest
This feature request is stupid and shouldn't even exist.

peppy or someone else, please deny this.

Why? well, let's say someone makes an Insane diff.

If it's insane, it's suppose to have insane beatmap settings. AR9 for example. Not constantly changing to AR8 because suddenly there's a calm part in the song. No, it's one diff and it should only be one approach rate.
Don't be silly. Keep the beatmap settings differently according to the difficulty.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

theowest wrote:

If it's insane, it's suppose to have insane beatmap settings. AR9 for example. Not constantly changing to AR8 because suddenly there's a calm part in the song. No, it's one diff and it should only be one approach rate.
Don't be silly. Keep the beatmap settings differently according to the difficulty.
If you had ever played CTB,then you will understand how does it feel to play an Insane diff with AR9 on a calm part of the song with calm music and voice and with omgwtfisthisshit fruits flying everywhere - THAT IS STUPID! Sometimes different AR's on Insane diffs will really fit the songs (not all songs,but some of them exactly!)
So think before you say something and look how many EXPERIENCED mappers support this idea,not just random guys like idk
theowest

Giorgos wrote:

theowest wrote:

If you had ever played CTB,then you will understand how does it feel to play an Insane diff with AR9 on a calm part of the song with calm music and voice and with omgwtfisthisshit fruits flying everywhere - THAT IS STUPID! Sometimes different AR's on Insane diffs will really fit the songs (not all songs,but some of them exactly!)
So think before you say something and look how many EXPERIENCED mappers support this idea,not just random guys like idk
I don't play CtB because it sucks but oh well. An osu! beatmap isn't created for CtB. Osu maps are just transferred over to CtB or taiko, which can cause some crazy shit if the osu! beatmap is really hard. Maybe this different AR thing is something for the CtB and taiko players only? I've thought of this very much actually, I've thought of this for over 8 fucking months. I don't care if experienced mappers support this, it doesn't mean they have thought this through just as much as I have.

Let's be honest, this will never be implemented.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
CTB difficulties will become rankable soon,and this thing will be very useful for them,so it doesn't matter if it sucks for such a pro like you or not - I will not calm down until this idea WILL become real! So we will see.
Haya
So you are telling us that AR10 Maps (e.g. Can't Defeat Airman) could be lowered to AR6 (or whatever) so they become easier to play and still give the same amount of points? That would ruin the whole ranking system, since many of us can't beat hard maps like the one I took for example only because of the AR. With a lowered AR much more players would be able to beat the map and get into the TOP 50 and being in the TOP 50 wouldn't be special anymore.

If you haven't already noticed, I am against this option ._.
theowest

TheHaya wrote:

So you are telling us that AR10 Maps (e.g. Can't Defeat Airman) could be lowered to AR6 (or whatever) so they become easier to play and still give the same amount of points? That would ruin the whole ranking system, since many of us can't beat hard maps like the one I took for example only because of the AR. With a lowered AR much more players would be able to beat the map and get into the TOP 50 and being in the TOP 50 wouldn't be special anymore.

you're talking about me? Didn't you even read what I said? I said that if you use lower AR, you should be given LESS points. It becomes EASIER. Dammit, people need to read before they make stupid statements.
Sakura

theowest wrote:

TheHaya wrote:

you're talking about me? Didn't you even read what I said? I said that if you use lower AR, you should be given LESS points. It becomes EASIER. Dammit, people need to read before they make stupid statements.
More like people should learn to read thread titles, this is about mappers using different ARs on an individual beatmap.
theowest

Sakura Hana wrote:

More like people should learn to read thread titles, this is about mappers using different ARs on an individual beatmap.
yes. But I gave an OPINION on what I think should be the case here. What I think is better than the original idea in this thread.
ztrot
just burn this with fire already.
Waryas
I know this is offtopic but!
Difficulty is subjective, Airman wouldn't be easier with ar6 but about 100x harder for some people.
theowest

Waryas wrote:

I know this is offtopic but!
Difficulty is subjective, Airman wouldn't be easier with ar6 but about 100x harder for some people.
it would be easier with AR9. Why the hell would you make it 4 steps easier? One step is enough.
Waryas
Too clustered. Ar10 is the easiest.to pass
theowest

Waryas wrote:

Too clustered. Ar10 is the easiest.to pass
For you maybe, but not for those who can't see that fast.

This is all individual.
show more