Name : Namya
Birthday : 14 March
Bloodtype : O
Height : 158 cm
Weight : 51
Sizes : B 80 W 67 H 85
Favorite Food : Chicken Nugget
Dislikes : spicy food
Personality and some biodata(?) : She's clumsy (because her yukata always fell off but she always fix it whenever she realized it). She eats a lot and fast/instant food is her favorite food lol. She likes to play video games both inside her room or at arcade. She puts her yukata away if she's inside her apartment because it's hot. She loves Anime, manga especially eroges.
She's a Fox-youkai, because of her hobby playing game made her live on human world(?). Basically she's weaboo-youkai.
Attribute : Her two taiko-alike hairpin and her orange-blue yukata and her fox appearance <3.

The tank-top she used is inspired by Mei tbh. I gave Kitsune-mimi because it's somehow a holy spirit on Japan (I'm reffering from Inari KonKon Koi Iroha anime) lol and thus Taiko is typical to Japan =w=/
Sorry for messy and bad language;; I'll draw her references more later orz
hohohohoho... akhirnya ada yang mewujudkan ide saya...
tenang... saya belum bisa menggambar dengan baik...
jadi cuma bisa bikin idenya aja dalam otak dan memantau perkembangan kontes ini :cry:

Nice Art! :)
+1 for this XD
Good Luck! :D
EsmelRoxen

Name: Venfri
Date of Birth: May 12 2002
Blood type: O+
Height: 151Cm
Weight: 47kg
Favorite Color: Yellow
Hobbies: Play Taiko with Friends and
Make hats with Bachis, listen to music,
Personalities: Friendly, Childish and playful, she loves making hats to put their Bachis inside
Dislike: Lose their Bachis
NotKPKevin
Let's give a shot then, Looks interesting

Here is my Entry

Name : Angela
Birthday : 9 October
Bloodtype : O
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 55
Personality : Fun, Cheerful, Calm and Softhearted, But sometimes lazy
Short Summary
She is girl who likes playing drum, She is really care with her appearance. Sometimes when she gets lazy, she just lay down in her bed, playing some handheld console, gadget and don't wanna be disturbed.

Hope you all like it, :)

Link for larger version
http://up.ppy.sh/files/contesttaiko.jpg
Pawsu
The Initial Sketch
I think it looks better than the finished version :/ I spent way longer on that than the sketch, but it still kinda looks bad... http://puu.sh/quRjV/f2db9b6d49.png
About
Name: Aoi
DOB: January 17th, 1998
Blood Type: B
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125 pounds
Personality: Extrovert. Very loud when she wants to be & is not afraid to voice her opinion. That being said, she knows when to stop and how far is too far.
Hobbies: Photography, arcades, running, and sports! (basketball) She's also into cute things. (Cats.) She's probably got a bunch of plushies in her room...
By the way, if you couldn't tell, that bow and hair drawing is the version behind her head.

Still a WIP when concerning the personality & hobby section. I want to add a little more.
This was really fun to do, I'm glad I joined. Note that the anatomy definitely isn't 100% correct...I tried to go for a more "cutesy" look, haha. I also recorded the speedpaint of this, It should be up on my youtube tomorrow.

Coro
here's my attempt~

full resolution
design sheet

Name: Daigo Oguchi (daigo = sounds similar to 'taiko', Oguchi = named for Daihachi Oguchi, pioneer of kumi-daiko)
D.O.B.: 7th July
Height: 140cm
Weight: 35kg
Personality: Cheerful, dedicated and serious when it comes to performing
Hobbies: Festival games, fortune-telling, traditional dance, listening to metal (secretly)

Daigo is a kid who's in a taiko troupe, and a rising star. He's pretty decent, though he still has a lot to learn. He likes hanging around festival grounds and shrines, and enjoys the company of other kids at said festivals. He's a playful lad, and recognizable by his troupe's happi, which he likes to wear even when not playing.
Senritsu

JMC wrote:

Name: Aiko [ 愛子 ]
Born: Japan
Blood type: A
Heigh: 154 cm
Birthday: April 06
Big resolution: http://puu.sh/qp7oH/04a4542ba4.jpg

she is from Japan (city will be added if I know where peppy live), she is young and energetic, she likes playing taiko but she not very good playing.
I use color spectrum orange-red-dark inspired from pippidon (blue color comes from peppy as the father of pippidon), dress/uniform inspired from taiko player but I change a bit so it's looks cute and sexy (maybe).
I think It's hard to removed Pippidon permanently because pippidon still appear in osu!taiko default skin, so I try to keep pippidon as accessories and balance ribbon on the right side.

- her head have 4 button/combo osu!taiko
- star eyes pupil
- there are osu!taiko tracks in her uniform
- pippidon accessories
- she wearing "Tabi", special shoes for taiko players http://www.taiko-center.co.jp/english/s ... shoes.html
- armpit
good stuff ♥
may i save it its really cute
Signum
Here is my entry. ^^

I have two versions of mascot. One is with the accessory for drums. Second without.

Name: Nina
Blood Type: 0+
Height: 172cm
Weight: 52kg
Hobbies: Photography, history, drawing, playing video games

Backstory: Nina comes from Japanese mid-class family, where father is a journalist and mother is a cashier. She really liked the history of Japan back in the childhood, now she is completely obsessed with it. She's a former high school student with excellent marks and lot of hobbies and friends. She enjoys the life at its maximum.

Artist' Notes: It was really well-spent time sketching and drawing her. Even though I had to change the pose like 3 times to finally get into this final pose. I had an idea about a girl, that is dressed in a typical japanese kimono, since Taiko comes from Japan and give her cherry blossom look. I also experimented with colors and shading. For me, it's so far the best thing I actually drew. Experimenting with new things was really worth it and I really like how it turned out.

Bigger version 1 | Bigger version 2
heidy

Name: Aka
Height: 1,68 cm
Weight: 110 lbs
Birthday: July 5

Aka is an energetic young female. She likes to play taiko, eat apples and meet people that likes play drums like her.

- even though you can't see in the drawing, she has a backpack (which I drew and put aside) where she always keeps the sticks to play the drums/taiko.
- in her coat is stamped the osu!next taiko symbol.
- she has blue eyes, blonde hair, white skin.
- "Aka" means "red" in japanese.

I wanted to better draw the skirt, but I couldn't, because I need more practice, sorry ;A;
and sorry for my weird english
ora323

Full resolution

Name: Melodie
Date of birth: 23/3/2016
height: 30 cm
weight: 10 kg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melodie is the elf of music come from the end of the galaxy.
It like playing taiko, which is the very first musical instrument Melodie found on Earth.

Melodie is friendly and filled with joy.
It can play a magical rhythm with its taiko, which make those in sorrow happy.

Melodie consume good music and sweets. A nice play of taiko can strenghten its magical power.
To find the best music played in the civilization, Melodie travel to different country and plug its headset into every audio jack.
The plug and the wire is too long so it usually tie it up as the obi of the kimono.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
spongypuppet

Risa d' Forte (Risa-F, R.F.)

Height: 156 cm
Weight: 51 kg
Birthday: Aug 9

SPOILER
Risa is a royalty (princess) from a distant world (or a different dimension, as it would be called in ours). Due to her royal blood, she possesses the ability to perform sorcery. She is known in her kingdom as the most powerful magician, and this status is true indeed as she is able to travel between dimensions which is, unsurprisingly, a hobby of hers. During one of her dimensions jumps, she discovers our world and has since taken a liking to it, especially due to the diverse cultures and pastimes present. The plethora of activities available has lead to her discover of lots of hobbies: the "moving images" (anime), those graphic novels (manga), video games and modern music. She is currently very interested in rhythm games, in particular, those "drum games" as she calls them.

As for her personality, she is a stereotypical princess dedicated to her kingdom and wishes for it to develop to the level of our world. However, that is only when she is in her world. During her pastime activities here, her personality changes drastically to a cheerful and energetic person, even allowing her manner of speech (which is akin to those other fictional royalty characters, with their "must"s and "shall"s) to change. Additionally, she is quite adventurous, constantly seeking new things all the time. She is very fond of sushi, ramen and ice cream.

I tried to draw her feet a lot of times but I couldn't so I just covered it (sorry!)

Here is the original file:
http://up.ppy.sh/files/risaforiginal.png

There's a lot of space in the original so I tried to stretch the image, if needed:
http://up.ppy.sh/files/risafstretched.png
Skrypt3d
Let me give this a shot then.

Name: Peko
Date of Birth: December 28th
Blood Type: O
Height: 162
Weight: 41 kg
Personality: She's very friendly and super talkative. She loves to be extroverted and always wants to be doing something. Sometimes, she can enter her tsundere mode, but would never be rude to anyone. She is carefree and clumsy, but has a big heart.
Hobbies: Peko really loves music, and is always listening to it whenever she has the chance. Additionally, she plays piano and drums really well, as well as a little bit of guitar. But on top of all of that, taiko is her favorite source of "music-fun." When it comes to food, she eats all of it >3, when it comes to what to wear, she doesn't really care, as long as she has her taiko ribbons with her.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Dntm8kmeeatu

deadbeat wrote:

The end is closing in. Gonna be awesome seeing how this ends
Hype, Loving the submissions so far.
Isotoxal
My entry:
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/6o58Mf6.jpg

Large version:
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/SCutxbs.jpg

Name: Mokou
Bloodtype: O
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 56 kg

Half-demon with 4 arms. Always up for a challenge. REALLY loves food, causing her to eat a lot when she gets a chance to do so. Loves going to festivals in Japan. Her Taiko skills have not been beaten by anyone yet.

Because I suck with digital drawing, let me explain the colors I would've used: Black hair, Red mask, Light blue kimono, Orange sash (thing around waist).
She has a Oni mask, to reference the Oni difficulty I suppose. She has 2 Taiko drumsticks in the back of her hair, as opposed to the common sticks they use to hold up hair. She also has 4 arms, to hit the drums faster.
Pokefubuki
My entry n.n!!

http://fav.me/dadthw2
Refrence:

http://fav.me/dadtid0
Name: Ryonosuke
Nickname: Ryo
Born's Date: April 9th 1997 (19 years old)
Blood's Type: O+
Weight; 63 k
High: 1.70
personality: He's a strong headed boy, but sincere, he does not trust easily
on people, he rather look at them before make any ties of friendship.
The most part of the time he acts serious and sometimes he can be arrogant
with the things he say, but when he grow fond with a person he becomes
loyal and nice, he loves to be with their friends and stay with them,
He hates losing or crude jokes, he rathers make jokes about things that
don't hurt anyone, so he's someone careful, but naive at play's time
When he's not practicing with his Taiko he's a little idle until someone
challenges him, he always want to be the best in the things he want to
even if it goes wrong.
Hobbies: Play videogames, but specially play de Taiko, walk side by side,
watch series, and if he's really bored he stars drawing (even if is bad at it)
and eat.
-F4
Name: Akao
Bloodtype: A
Height: 160cm
Weight: 53kg
Birthday: 5th September 1996
Hobbies: She loves to play Taiko with anything that remotely looks like a drum. (This gets her in trouble a lot.) She love to explore areas that are deemed "off-limits"

Personality: Childish, Curious

Higher resolution: http://i.imgur.com/a1qGDCH.png
NaTha

nRate wrote:

Name: Akao
Bloodtype: A
Height: 160cm
Weight: 53kg
Birthday: 5th September 1996
Hobbies: She loves to play Taiko with anything that remotely looks like a drum. (This gets her in trouble a lot.) She love to explore areas that are deemed "off-limits"

Personality: Childish, Curious

Higher resolution: http://i.imgur.com/a1qGDCH.png
very nice great job dude ^^
Hikilover

Full Resolution

Name: Kichi

Date of Birth: April 2nd, 2003

Blood Type: 0

Weight: 42kg

Height: 165cm

Personality: Energetic, sociable, tireless in the pursuit of success and leadership. At the same time, very jealous, arrogant and fussy. All this, however, does not prevent her from being a good friend.

Hobbies: drumming, she's a true fan of The8BitDrummer's streams. Loves to play osu!taiko, sometimes standard. Loves to spend her time with friends, especially at karaoke. Loves anime and manga.

Her favorite food is mashed potatoes with meatballs.
Liko

MineDayPlay wrote:

Full Resolution

Name: Kichi

Date of Birth: April 2nd, 2003

Weight: 42kg

Height: 165cm

Personality: Energetic, sociable, tireless in the pursuit of success and leadership. At the same time, very jealous, arrogant and fussy. All this, however, does not prevent her from being a good friend.

Hobbies: drumming, she's a true fan of The8BitDrummer's streams. Loves to play osu!taiko, sometimes standard. Loves to spend her time with friends, especially at karaoke. Loves anime and manga.

Her favorite food is mashed potatoes with meatballs.
Mmm... That's pretty good :)
Yandere-
Here we go

Full resolution here
Meet Saika
Date of birth: 29th February 2000
Blood type : B
Height: 167 cm Weight: 58 kg
Personality: Shy, Creative, Open-minded, Optimistic
Saika is an ordinary girl, but no ordinary drummer. Firstly she may seem shy, but when she starts playing, she's unstoppable! Give her drumsticks and she'll spend all day practising. Apart from it, Saika likes meeting with her friends and cooking (mostly dango)
darkmiz

Full pic: https://puu.sh/qAXhY/386af08fa9.png

pixiv link: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58445166

Name: Shiori
Date of Birth: Feb 4th, 2000
Blood Type: A
Height: 156 cm
Weight: 42 kg

Personality: Cheerful, energetic
Hobbies: Drumming and playing Taiko

The green things on her head and chest are drum and drumstick decorations, and her pants are made to look like a drum.
Cloudx5

Full image http://fav.me/dadztqi

Name: Echo
DOB: 12/11/3000
Blood type:A
Weight:72kg
Height:5ft4in
Hair colour: Red
Eye colour:blue
Likes: Taiko, spin drums, pipidon(robot), Bright colours, tea
Dislikes: Rage Quiters, Rain, People who put milk in first when making tea....
Personality: Bubbly, easy going, fun to be around
Other: has a robotic arm( does not affect her taiko playing), and has a companion pipidon

I used Images off the default taiko skin, hope this is ok?
[ Glitch ]
Alisa

>ORIGNAL<

Details:

Name: Alisa

Date Of Birth: March 2nd, 1999

Height: 5'4 feet

Weight: 52 kg

Personality: Alisa is a cheerful taiko player since childhood. Loves to play the songs which she likes and would like to get attention through her taiko plays. She loves to sleep a lot and also eat more. She also likes to hum when she is alone which makes her feel lively. Overall a cheerful person who loves to interact with people.

Hobbies: Likes to collect many video games to play and try to finish them. An old school player who plays old games for fun.
[ Piyori ]
full image

name: Autumn
date of birth: june 5th
blood type: AB
height: 160cm
weight: 49kg
personality: shy, loves animals, artsy
hobby: likes to sleep and eat ramen, likes to play taiko
misc: has a pet bird named Piyo
dislikes: does not like bugs
favorite color: orange

(for those who cant really tell the colors of her design:
-hair: orange/reddish
-outfit: orange
-ankle charm: brown)

i can color the dress in a different color if this one is too similar to her hair (really bad with color schemes)
(yes i know she has two left feet. it was an honest mistake but its too lateeeeeeeee TAT)

Profile views
Cacogen

[ Piyori ] wrote:

full image

i can color the dress in a different color if this one is too similar to her hair (really bad with color schemes)
(yes i know she has two left feet. it was an honest mistake but its too lateeeeeeeee TAT)
oh no she's really cute!! <3 <3 <3
i love the tiny birb on her head!
10nya

[ Piyori ] wrote:

full image

cuteee
Topic Starter
deadbeat
-[Jess]-

real one
Name:tako
Date of Birth:24/8
Blood Type: ab
Weight: 100g
Height: 158 cm
personality:a bit of egocentric,show-off
hobby:playing taiko,play tricks
misc:she is a ghost of taiko,she like staying with the taiko.If you put her taiko out,she will be mad.
she didn't know her age.only appear the summer.
Confuse-Us
Reserve
-Rage-
Mio Yamanobe

Name: Akane

Date of Birth: May 23th

Blood Type: A

Weight: 45 kg

Height: 165 cm

Personality: Energetic, optimistic

Hobbies: Drumming, music, singing

Full image: http://imgur.com/Go3yhVv
[ Akihime ]

Name: Aiko
Date of Birth: 21.02.2001
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 54 kg
Personality: creative, very kind, lovingly
Hobby: listening to music, plaving video games

Full image: https://puu.sh/qClGy/971c365923.png
Adorn
Darn, I'm pretty much too late to really make anything pretty. Good luck to all of the contestants, the entries look amazing.
Purps

[ Piyori ] wrote:

full image

Woah the coloring is so good!! Great submission! 8-)
Riversouls

Bigger image (+ some sketches) : https://puu.sh/qCp0x/deb2092ac3.png

Name : Mikan

Height : 1m65

Weight : 55kg

Birthday : 23 of August

Bloodtype : A+

Personality : Mikan is very ambitious, competitive, energetic and hotheaded. She gets really angry when she looses a challenge.

Hobbies : Taiko
Tsubaki-Tsuki

Full resolution

Name: Tamia
Date of Birth: June 11th, 2002 (14 y/o)
Height: 153 cm 
Weight: 42 kg 
Personality: Dynamic, full of energy and life, she always has a smile on her face like a ball of joy. Also honest and social, she's quite popular not to mention that she's generous and kind.
Hobbies: Of course, she plays taiko a lot. She often attends festivals and sometimes plays along with her drum. When she has time she spends them playing video games or making/listening to music.
Above all she needs to have fun in whatever she does.
greennowl

-RUSHED
-i meant to do the full body to show the legs though it looks terrible....
-okay i know it looks terrible but just to show the whole body..

-just focus on this one... this one i did right. Except for don/ katsu and that goddess mode.
-ahhhh ignore that don/katsu thingy. i overcolored it. too colorful now T_T
-also ignore that goddess mode, that was a complete fail in coloring

-i made a guy version.. just in case..
-Name: Valefor
Height:173 cm
Weight:77 kg
*the rest are similar/the same with Kai
-there isn't much time left so it's only a sketch..

prepare for this cos this is gonna be long
i think?

Name: Kai [is her given name. i mean she named herself, that. i mean she did not name herself "that" i mean agh, you know what i mean. her real name is unknown.]
Birthdate: August 18
physical age: 14
real age: unknown but it is possible that she is a somewhere a thousand years old.. or maybe even more.
Height: 147 cm
Weight: 44 kg
i know this isn't necessary but... here's a back story:
so as you can see on the birth date, there is no year. that's because her birth year is unknown. But she is believed to be present around the Edo era. Actually, not just "believed to be" but she literally was around that time. She's immortal. She was alive before the whole taiko culture even started. She was the one who started taiko. She created it by banging stuff. So the idea of hitting/tapping things came from her. Long before the creation of taiko, at a very young age, she was the head of festivals and celebrations. But unfortunately, she was murdered by her father just because she played with firecrackers inside their house. So first, her father trapped her inside a barrel-shaped carved wood made from Japanese zelkova tree for 2 days. Naturally, you'd want to escape so you'd tap and move around so somebody can hear. That's what she did. She was amused with the tapping sounds. A whole day and for the whole night, she tapped and banged in a rhythmic way until her father grew mad and was irritated with the noise. Although, their neighbors heard the rhythmic sounds, they did not bother because they thought they were having some kind of party. Their neighbors were also amused with the magnificent sound. Well, since her father was pissed off(and drunk), he then murdered his daughter. She did not make a sound. She was asleep by that time. Then she was buried. It was a very sad funeral, everyone was sad. Nobody even knew what happened to her(people weren't very in to investigating stuff). They only knew that she ate some random herb at a wild garden and was poisoned. Very sad. What an evil dad. Although Greek culture has nothing to do with the Japanese culture, Dionysus, god of festivals, heard Kai's cry(more like beat... it was that loud to be heard?). He responded late. So, Kai was in the heavens and was approached by Dionysus. They did some chit-chat.. for 12 years. And after 12 years, he resurrected Kai and fixed her zombie body into a healthy human body. So hooray she's alive again and made immortal by Zeus. They had some talk okay, too much details if i have to explain why they made her immortal. So, there you go. She's immortal now. She became the spirit of the daiko. So, when people play or perform using taiko drums in a certain event.. i mean imagine that you're a watching a performance with taiko drums(not watching someone play taiko no tatsujin in an arcade, okay?) you'll fee some kind of "feeling". it's indescribable, but you'll feel something. That's Kai. She is the essence of taiko.

personality:
Kai is very multi-talented
She can pretty much do anything
unpredictable mood swings/ very bipolar
easily becomes irritated(so please don't piss her off)
either hyper or gloomy as heck.
very caring towards other people
will put you first, she'll put herself last
never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around
or desert you.
a true friend.
likes to amaze people
likes to be praised by people
will love you passionately
(it's starting to look like a dating site bio)
introvert cutie
loving
makes mature humor
laughs at shallow, corny jokes
stays up late
she looks like she's acting childish but her mind is a lot more mature than you think. not in a sexual way though. you know she's been living on this earth for centuries so a lot of experience cha-ching
creative

hobbies:
well OBVIOUSLY besides tapping or playing taiko..
paints
composes music
play with pets
watch films
play sports
fencing
riding bikes
skiing

oh yeah just an additional note. She doesn't look very ancient or something like that because she stayed in a 14 year old body when she was turned immortal. She casually changes her name. She has also adapted with todays's generation that's why she looks uhh normal? i guess.. like a normal kid. Oh yeah, her hair changes from cold colors to warm colors in goddess mode and wears a proper attire for taiko(hachimaki, happi, tabi, etc.)

wish i had a graphic tablet to draw digitally.

Credits to Confuse-Ask for staying up just to help me with some information cos i have no net and also for uploading the pictures cos it won't work on mine. I'm really sorry for waking you up. Thank you.

if you read all this waw thanks cos i realized how long this is.
OnosakiHito
One hour left. Probably one of the last guys, but here we are. lol
Anny and I collaborated in this event. I made the concept while she realized it to spare you guys of my poor drawing skills.

2000x3337 Version
Concept on paper

SPOILER

Some drafts we had:

More to taiko's color aligned:

Character

Name: 大子(=Daiko; Big / Great Child)
Sex: Male (Two male and two female mascots in osu!)
Date of birth: 07.06.1005 (765 -> Namco)
Bloodtype: 0
Hight: ~165cm
Weight: ~60kg

Concept / Idea

We tried to represent the insturment Taiko itself, which is followed by the japanese traditions but making it somehow fit into the art concept of the current mascots osu! has. Considering Taiko being the second oldest game after beatmania, yet still being a very colorful festival-like game mode, we designed a character with a young looking appereance but high age to represent these two infromation.

The character is half-human half-demon(=Oni, 鬼). The horns and humanoid appereance relieve this. Not only is he an Oni because the highest difficulty in Taiko is called like that, but also because Taiko requieres some kind of strenght and endurance to play which a demon clearly has. The light defined muscles of the character should indicate that as well. The haircolor is red and rather sharp shaped to represent a hot-blooded nature of this character which fits perfectly to an Oni and the insturment Taiko itself. Continuing with the traditions, we are using a Kimono-like clothing which is often weared by taiko-drummers. We gave our best to make it somehow aligne to the other mascots design, even though it might underline a more festal-like kimono at the end. The kimono is hold by a bandage which got laced together by ropes. As for accessoirs, we were also planing a little drum and a Sake bottle on hight of the characters hips to show one more time the maturity but also... because Onis just like to drink(lol).

Some insight information:
  1. We called the character Daiko because the name and signs are similar to Taiko and because his appereance is child/teenager like. In short: A big kid.
  2. Birthday is the June 07th 1005 which would be written 07/06/05 - 765(=Namco), the magic number in Taiko (too many puns?).
  3. Male because in this way we have two female and two male mascots in osu!.
Information about drums in general
Taiko is a mode which represents a very strong instrument; the drum. It is loud and powerful and normally in use for giving the baseline of a song. As they are very loud and straightforward, we based our character on that.

Once again, Anny and I collaborated in this event.
blanket
OHMYGOD LAST MINUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NAME: NIPPIDON
BLOOD TYPE: O
HEIGHT: 159 CM
WEIGHT: 47 KG

TRAITS: OPTOMISTIC AND VERY OUTGOING, LOVES MUSIC, SPENDS HER TIME PLAYING TAIKO (DRUMS) AND HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS
EXTRAS: WEARS A HEADBAND, AND TWO BUNS ON THE SIDE, WITH HER HAIR FLOWING DOWN BESIDE IT, WEARS OSU! EMBLEM AS HER THING OF STUFF SORRY IM FREAKING OUT BC SO LITTLE TIME DUNNO THE NAME, WEARS SPECIAL TAIKO SOCKS, AND HER TAIKOSTICKS WITH BOTH TAIKO COLORS AAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS IS HER:
http://puu.sh/qCHWd/6be5284eac.jpg

DIFFERENT KIMONO
http://puu.sh/qCHcj/c649e7eccf.jpg

NEWEST SKETCH: http://puu.sh/qCIlb/0b6ec9feff.jpg
ORIGINAL SKETCH: http://puu.sh/qCIiL/5b96a315c2.jpg
OLD DESIGN: http://puu.sh/qCIho/c2b9682a08.jpg
greennowl

OnosakiHito wrote:

One hour left. Probably one of the last guys, but here we are. lol
Anny and I collaborated in this event. I made the concept while she realized it to spare you guys of my poor drawing skills.

2000x3337 Version
Concept on paper

Character
Name: 大子(=Daiko; Big / Great Child)
Sex: Male (Two male and two female mascots in osu!)
Date of birth: 07.06.1005 (765 -> Namco)
Bloodtype: 0
Hight: ~165cm
Weight: ~60kg
Concept / Idea
We tried to represent the insturment Taiko itself, which is followed by the japanese traditions but making it somehow fit into the art concept of the current mascots osu! has. Considering Taiko being the second oldest game after beatmania, yet still being a very colorful festival-like game mode, we designed a character with a young looking appereance but high age to represent these two infromation.
The character is half-human half-demon(=Oni, 鬼). The horns and humanoid appereance relieve this. Not only is he an Oni because the highest difficulty in Taiko is called like that, but also because Taiko requieres some kind of strenght and endurance to play which a demon clearly has. The light defined muscles of the character should indicate that as well. The haircolor is red and rather sharp shaped to represent a hot-blooded nature of this character which fits perfectly to an Oni and the insturment Taiko itself. Continuing with the traditions, we are using a Kimono-like clothing which is often weared by taiko-drummers. We gave our best to make it somehow aligne to the other mascots design, even though it might underline a more festal-like kimono at the end. The kimono is hold by a bandage which got laced together by ropes. As for accessoirs, we were also planing a little drum and a Sake bottle on hight of the characters hips to show one more time the maturity but also... because Onis just like to drink(lol).
Some insight information:
  1. We called the character Daiko because the name and signs are similar to Taiko and because his appereance is child/teenager like. In short: A big kid.
  2. Birthday is the June 07th 1005 which would be written 07/06/05 - 765(=Namco), the magic number in Taiko (too many puns?).
  3. Male because in this way we have two female and two male mascots in osu!.

Information about drums in general
Taiko is a mode which represents a very strong instrument; the drum. It is loud and powerful and normally in use for giving the baseline of a song. As they are very loud and straightforward, we based our character on that.
Once again, Anny and I collaborated in this event.

NOICE!! looks radical!
show more