forum

FURY - Robot Sex

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WallaWallaby
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 8:21:57 PM

Artist: FURY
Title: Robot Sex
Tags: Electronic, Trap
BPM: 160.02
Filesize: 3051kb
Play Time: 02:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Expert (5.64 stars, 515 notes)
  2. Hard (2.85 stars, 326 notes)
  3. Normal (1.98 stars, 222 notes)
Download: FURY - Robot Sex
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Difficulties:
Normal: WIP
Hard: WIP
(Insane)
Expert:

There is no actual robot sex contained in the song. Trust me, it's a legit map.
Kyuukai
I'm here from my Modding queue !

Insane

- Up the AR & OD, Insane with AR 5 doesn't exist lol
- Use Distance Snap, since you're a new mapper
- Use Medium grid size
- Check aiMod
- Tags are different from Hard & Normal
Topic Starter
WallaWallaby

yaleufeu wrote:

I'm here from my Modding queue !

Insane

- Up the AR & OD, Insane with AR 5 doesn't exist lol
- Use Distance Snap, since you're a new mapper
- Use Medium grid size
- Check aiMod
- Tags are different from Hard & Normal
Thanks for the mod!
-rage
From my queue
I will just give you general comments about your map.

[Stuff i've noticed]
  1. You start your spinners before the first timing point at the beginning of each difficulties, this is not really recommended. Maybe change your timing point or remove the spinner.
  2. You would have to add an Insane difficulty in order for this to be a rankable set, but for now you should focus more on your mapping techniques before trying to rank something!
[Normal]
No need for a 1/8 snap divisor for a Normal difficulties. Easier difficulties shouldn't have ther usage of blue and yellow tics.

First thing i've noticed is that all your notes seem to be reaaally close together, try to have some good spacing and paterns throughout your difficulty instead of having long strings of notes and sliders stuck together, because that really isn't that fun to play.
Also, try to make different note placement, because i've noticed most of the beginning is just pretty much the same notes, but mapped at different places, try to make something different and not repeat your sounds and notes.
Moreover, make sure when you place your inherited timing points that there is a note on the exact spot! you can't have inherited timing points while there is nothing mapped at the point you placed it
  1. 00:08:611 - taking this point as an example, you can clearly hear that there is a sound in the song there but you didn't map anything in that spot, you've done that in many different places in your map so i won't point them all out. Just review your whole difficulty and try to map spots where you can clearly hear a sound in the song, while making the difficulty not so dificult for newer players.
  2. 00:18:172 - bass drop here and no notes mapped, see what i mean? you really want to map sounds like that.
  3. 00:30:546 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - for an easy difficulty, you shouldn't make your notes sooooo crammed together, you can barely see anything XD make sure to space things out just a little even though sometimes distance snap can be a pain.
  4. 00:43:857 - there seems to be a LOT of notes missing, because you didn't fully map the song! make sure whern you hear a distinct sound in the song that you should map something there (but make sure you dont overmap)
  5. 02:07:909 (1,2) - for easier difficulties, you don't want to have your notes so close together on your timeline, try to keep it between the White or Red tics (1/1 or 1/2 snap divisor)
I won't mention the Hard (and extra) difficulty because i will bring out a lot of points i've brought up on the Normal difficulty. So make sure you review your difficulty well!

[Extra]
Change AR to 9.
Make sure your combos don't exceed more than 9 or 10
  1. 00:30:546 - For an Extra difficulty, you really don't want to have your notes so close together like you have after this part, be careful with that!
  2. 00:51:918 (15,1,2) - a 1/8 stream like that isn't recommended because it's too fast and it doesn't fit weith the rest of the difficulty.
  3. 00:54:262 - make sure your streams after this point are easy to follow and relatively straight (for example, avoid stuff like this
I won't mention anything else because this whole difficulty is in no shape to be rankable at all.
Just try to map more and maybe one day you'll really understand how it works and all. a good way to start is by looking at ranked sets and maybe try to re-create what someone has mapped, so now you'll now what is acceptable or not!

Good luck with your mapping journey! Do not hesitate to ask me any questions!
Topic Starter
WallaWallaby

lulu lemon wrote:

From my queue
I will just give you general comments about your map.

[Stuff i've noticed]
  1. You start your spinners before the first timing point at the beginning of each difficulties, this is not really recommended. Maybe change your timing point or remove the spinner.
  2. You would have to add an Insane difficulty in order for this to be a rankable set, but for now you should focus more on your mapping techniques before trying to rank something!
[Normal]
No need for a 1/8 snap divisor for a Normal difficulties. Easier difficulties shouldn't have ther usage of blue and yellow tics.

First thing i've noticed is that all your notes seem to be reaaally close together, try to have some good spacing and paterns throughout your difficulty instead of having long strings of notes and sliders stuck together, because that really isn't that fun to play.
Also, try to make different note placement, because i've noticed most of the beginning is just pretty much the same notes, but mapped at different places, try to make something different and not repeat your sounds and notes.
Moreover, make sure when you place your inherited timing points that there is a note on the exact spot! you can't have inherited timing points while there is nothing mapped at the point you placed it
  1. 00:08:611 - taking this point as an example, you can clearly hear that there is a sound in the song there but you didn't map anything in that spot, you've done that in many different places in your map so i won't point them all out. Just review your whole difficulty and try to map spots where you can clearly hear a sound in the song, while making the difficulty not so dificult for newer players.
  2. 00:18:172 - bass drop here and no notes mapped, see what i mean? you really want to map sounds like that.
  3. 00:30:546 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - for an easy difficulty, you shouldn't make your notes sooooo crammed together, you can barely see anything XD make sure to space things out just a little even though sometimes distance snap can be a pain.
  4. 00:43:857 - there seems to be a LOT of notes missing, because you didn't fully map the song! make sure whern you hear a distinct sound in the song that you should map something there (but make sure you dont overmap)
  5. 02:07:909 (1,2) - for easier difficulties, you don't want to have your notes so close together on your timeline, try to keep it between the White or Red tics (1/1 or 1/2 snap divisor)
I won't mention the Hard (and extra) difficulty because i will bring out a lot of points i've brought up on the Normal difficulty. So make sure you review your difficulty well!

[Extra]
Change AR to 9.
Make sure your combos don't exceed more than 9 or 10
  1. 00:30:546 - For an Extra difficulty, you really don't want to have your notes so close together like you have after this part, be careful with that!
  2. 00:51:918 (15,1,2) - a 1/8 stream like that isn't recommended because it's too fast and it doesn't fit weith the rest of the difficulty.
  3. 00:54:262 - make sure your streams after this point are easy to follow and relatively straight (for example, avoid stuff like this
I won't mention anything else because this whole difficulty is in no shape to be rankable at all.
Just try to map more and maybe one day you'll really understand how it works and all. a good way to start is by looking at ranked sets and maybe try to re-create what someone has mapped, so now you'll now what is acceptable or not!

Good luck with your mapping journey! Do not hesitate to ask me any questions!
Wow. A lot more in-depth than I expected. Much appreciated. Thanks!
Lilyanna

Normal

ctrl-shift-A = check aimod lot of unsapped objects lots

00:00:738 (2) - move x164 y308 so they dont touch
00:01:300 (3) - x233 y207 so the pattern look little clean
00:02:613 (6) - this revers should end here 00:02:988 - and then add a 1/2 slider here 00:02:988 - for consistency rythm for that sound
00:13:861 - 00:14:049 - 00:14:611 - can add note here i cant tell what u exactly following with these sliders but those notes had that sort of beat so can be mapped imo it felt empty
00:14:797 (4,5) - looks overlapping not so much appealing
00:18:173 - this strong beat can be emphasized with a click note
00:16:297 (5,1) - keep one consistante ds .
00:16:298 (5,2) - stack
00:22:859 (2,4,1) - avoid overlap ( i recommand u use bigger ds for whole map maybe 1.0)
00:25:859 (4,6) - overlap no need go back where u alread placed an object u had planty of room on left bottom side for example
00:27:171 (1,2) - can make parallel
00:31:297 (2) - this confuses me xd why such big sv change in normal difficulty it really confuse players specialy normal players i suggest u avoid that this 1/2 slider look like 1/4
00:33:733 (1) - ^ dont use such big sv change it doesnt make sens imo
00:39:921 - strong beat here
00:44:044 (2) - give some angles i can be more creative with those sliders :)
00:53:605 (2,3) - not equal spacing
00:59:604 (3,4,5,6,1) - so much overlap thats why i said use more bigger ds
01:04:104 (7,1) - spacing is confusing pls use ds often
overall u need avoid overlaps avoid using big SV changes in normal when they dont make much sens use biggerd ds and use the ds use nice and neat sliders arts check this may help u -> Neat sliders

Hard

00:07:861 (1) - u can place this note anywhere else why overlap it over the slider avoid that
00:08:049 (2,3) - ^
00:12:642 (4,5) - overlaps and sliders can look better
00:18:173 - same as in normal clickable strong note for emphasize
00:32:796 (7) - nc
00:42:169 (4) - nc
00:47:606 (6,7,11) - overlap
00:48:169 (9) - nc
01:02:417 (6) - nc
01:50:598 (9,10,11,1) - looks messy and combo too long
thx for warning in the queue well overall so manny overlaps u just stack notes on top of each others try avoid that as much u have planty rooms since u new try watch other maps in editing and see how they are mapperd and learn copy neat and creative sliders x) .
well i tried Good luck in further mapping. :D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.