forum

3L - Macrophylla Parasol

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seto Kousuke

pimpG wrote:

the way you map affects the way you want/can use new combos, it's no different with symmetry.
I'm sorry, but yes, it is indeed different...this is a rythm game, not a visual art game~ Additionally, your arguments do not follow your map, because if that was indeed a true and valid reason, not just a stubborn decision, you would have done the same in many other places, for example 02:01:726 (6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5) - the (9) is in the middle of a pattern of 1/4 notes, this is not "symmetricall" as you imply, they should've been the same combo with a NC at 02:01:726 (6) - . So if your reasoning is indeed a "valid" point, rework the entire NC of the map to show this is the theme of the map, not just one random section.

Additionally, this is the worst thing you could ever say about a NC :

pimpG wrote:

the player doesn't pay attention to these things when playing unless the new combo usage is too unreasonable.
I don't know if you actually play this game besides mapping, but the reading is part of the rythm of the player, the NCs tells a LOT about the rythm and the intensities, if you place a NC the way you did, you're implying there is intensity on that note, but there is not, it's clearly not the strong sound of the kiai. That can actually make the rythm confusing for some people and even remove a lot of the ''feel'' of the map...so yeah, you're wrong, the player DOES pay attention to NC

If I offended you in any moment, that's not my intention, but please try to understand my points ^^"
Topic Starter
pimp
Mekki
I found a way the comboing would represent the patterns/song really well.

This way you can keep the comboing you want and the intensity of the kiai would be well represented (the triplet clearly provides an great emphasys). And of course, keeping the triplet on the same combo section would be the best thing to do as this 04:32:181 beat would come along with this one 04:32:408~

I hope the explanations made sense somehow, comboing in my view is something really subjective and considering the different kiai entry there, it feels absolutely fine.
----------------------------------//----------------------------------------
And allow me to speak some portuguese here real quick so I can explain myself better:

Amore, Net0 e Seto, mesmo se ele quisesse deixar do jeito q tá agora, acho q n teria tanto problema considerando que a batida que está aqui 04:32:181 (1) - já faz parte do kiai imo, e faz parte dessa ordem de combo como um tudo. Não acho que a simetria foi mal usada nessa parte, o movimento feito pelo cursor do (1) pro (2) deixa a enfase no (2) onde a batida eh mais forte bem óbvio, e o combo está desse jeito pelo motivo q expliquei acima, a batida está entre o chorus already e faz parte da pattern simetrica como um todo~ Subjetividade
----------------------------------//----------------------------------------

Seto Kousuke wrote:

I don't know if you actually play this game besides mapping, but the reading is part of the rythm of the player, the NCs tells a LOT about the rythm and the intensities, if you place a NC the way you did, you're implying there is intensity on that note, but there is not, it's clearly not the strong sound of the kiai. That can actually make the rythm confusing for some people and even remove a lot of the ''feel'' of the map.
the player DOES pay attention to NC
And in addition to that you said, the way he kept this NC is not confusing at all. The song intensity is different than 04:31:726 (4) - so there's no reason to keep on the same combo pattern of it. And as I told before, is also different than all the other kiai entrances. I don't approve the idea that strong beats needs ALWAYS to be represented with an NC, he wanted to represent the song section as a whole there, this is not confusing and it is absolutely fine in my view.
Net0
All right, if you guys want to give it a try with this combo idea, I won't force a modification on it. If there's no other points or concerns @pimpG feel free to poke me :>
Topic Starter
pimp
@MkGuh i honestly like your suggestion, but it's too different from my original idea so i would rather keep D:

as for the other mod, what mkguh said is very accurate so i make his words mine.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

bossandy told me to fix some weird breaks, he also replaced a hitsound with a small delay, and we discussed the same new combo as before, but no change on the combo we are fine with it.
readded two taikosu tick sounds, but using half volume of normal notes
i also silenced some slider ticks that don't have custom hitsounds (the ones Bonsai mentioned last time)
Darcsol improved the quality of my background image
source changed to "東方風神録 ~ Mountain of Faith." as suggested by Regraz
Net0
Okay, let's give it a go!
Andrea
Did some IRC Modding with pimp.

We removed 3 storyboarded hitsounds that might confuse players at 01:15:590 - 02:49:681 - and 02:59:113 - (replaced them with actual clickable objects), plus fixed a perfect stack at 02:45:817 (3,4) -.

Rest seems clean to me, good job!

Re-Bubbled~
UndeadCapulet
hang on a sec

tick rate 4 is very unfitting for reasons 224318 bn's/qat's have already mentioned, and as you've said you're only using it for slidertick hitsounds, you should switch to using sliderslide samples for the few times you need it since that's a rankable option now
Topic Starter
pimp
i had them before as sliderslide and they don't behave the same way as slider ticks, sometimes the sliderslide don't have enough time to play the hitsound completely because it has to change sample or volume shortly after it starts.
UndeadCapulet
we spoke a bit in pm, tbh i kinda just thought the option was forgotten about after the 7month hiatus ^^' pimpg's reasoning for not switching is reasonable for me

personally still think the tick rate 4 isn't a good design choice, but i'm prob the last person that should be judging someone for poor design choices, so gimme a sec to run through the map and i'll rebubble
UndeadCapulet
ok sec's up sorry for the interruption
Net0
Imagine a forum that you can send a custom msg to rank maps :O
tatatat
hi
Mordred
#bringbackiconposts
Trynna
hey, i can say gratz in v1!!!
gratz~
UndeadCapulet

Mordred wrote:

#bringbackiconposts
Kuron-kun
blob
Andrea
Congrats pimp! I'm glad everything got solved :)
Azu
nice
Ideal
ae pimpo boa
bossandy
Best qualification in 2K18
It is a really tough time but finally we made it
Biggest congrats to pimpG guys!
I am crying now
Ascendance

UndeadCapulet wrote:

Mordred wrote:

#bringbackiconposts
hypercyte

Ascendance wrote:

UndeadCapulet wrote:

Mordred wrote:

#bringbackiconposts
Topic Starter
pimp
yeah i'll miss the icons too ^^

this is my last map that survived v2 migration so i'm happy i managed to make it ranked :)

thank you everyone for your motivation, stars, mods and feedback 8-)
Aurele
congratsss!!
Uta
yeayyy! congrats~
Topic Starter
pimp
thank you 8-)