forum

TV size maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deva
I deleted all TV size maps and freed up 1.3GB of space.

I advise you to do the same. Get rid of the junk and help your HDD breath easier!
7ambda
I enjoy Jacob's Brain Power tbh.
Barusamikosu
Short maps need love too
Topic Starter
Deva
What about a 4* map with a 3 second spike to make it 6* need love?
Barusamikosu

HK_ wrote:

What about a 4* map with a 3 second spike to make it 6* need love?
Ye I can't argue with that. Those maps deserve the opposite of love
Scarlet Evans
One of the things that takes most of the disc space are videos. People usually play without them, so it's good to delete them, if they are not needed.

You try to don't download videos? Sometimes it doesn't matter! There are beatmaps that have videos, but no Download Without Video option and you download the videos no matter if you want it or not.

Also, sometimes you can download maps with video by mistake or have some old ones with it. As there is no built in way to explore these videos, you need to delete them manually.

If you know the song with video, you can enter it's directory (easiest way, without searching, is through beatmap editor), but what if you don't know which song is it?

How should I find all the videos, if I have thousands of beatmaps in my songs directory? Don't worry, it's quite easy! :)

You can do it either while exploring songs directory in Windows, like -->here<--, or use some programs to manage your files, like I did with Total Commander -->here<--.

1) Go into osu!/Songs directory and search for all maps with extension .avi (search for *.avi)
2) Delete the videos.
3) Repeat for some other extensions, like .wmv, .mp4 and .flv.

I don't know which are all the video file formats used by osu!, but these four should be enough^^ (not sure if all of them though:P)
Topic Starter
Deva
2.7GB just from avi...fml for not realising it...
dung eater
videos make stuff more enjoyable and challenging

especially those tv sizes
Scarlet Evans

jaaakb wrote:

videos make stuff more enjoyable and challenging

especially those tv sizes
Well, it all depends on what machine do you play on. My laptop is not something great and video or storyboard can make it more like a lag-fest, than challenge :cry:

This is even more the reason I play without videos and sometimes disable even SB.
StephOsu
but videos and/or storyboards are some of the reason why this game is fun :c
and also

Barusamikosu wrote:

Short maps need love too
chainpullz

Barusamikosu wrote:

Short maps need love too
Only if either

A) Rhythm game song
B) A full version has yet to be released

Otherwise fuck short maps and fuck the mappers who cut songs because they don't care enough about the music to finish their map but think it's their God given right to have all their creations ranked anyways.
KanoSet

Barusamikosu wrote:

Short maps need love too
Scarlet Evans

chainpullz wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

Short maps need love too
Only if either

A) Rhythm game song
B) A full version has yet to be released

Otherwise fuck short maps and fuck the mappers who cut songs because they don't care enough about the music to finish their map but think it's their God given right to have all their creations ranked anyways.
About cutting the songs, do you know ChouCho - Starlog? I literally love this song, one of my most favourite ones EVER!
It's 5:02 long and, unfortunately, almost all of my most loved moments of this song (three major changes in the music) were cut out in TV size :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

About mappers cutting the song, I think I encountered it, but I can't really relate now and give an example. How often this happens?
chainpullz

Scarlet Evans wrote:

About cutting the songs, do you know ChouCho - Starlog? I literally love this song, one of my most favourite ones EVER!
It's 5:02 long and, unfortunately, almost all of my most loved moments of this song (three major changes in the music) were cut out in TV size :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

About mappers cutting the song, I think I encountered it, but I can't really relate now and give an example. How often this happens?
If it's not a TV Size or a Rhythm Game song and it's under 3 minutes in length chances are the mapper cut the song because they didn't feel the need to map the whole thing. "Something something, the music repeats itself so it's fine for me to cut the song I mapped all the relevant parts anyways" (completely ignoring that different instruments are highlighted in the "repeat").

Also
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/301917
timemon
ye I wish mappers would map more longer songs.

playing insane full vers is just so much fun. fuck Extra
Risa
Ikr. The most annoying thing if u play multi is the need to constantly delete all the cut sized maps after every session. Especially the same no title mapset EVERY SINGLE TIME
chainpullz

Ezonie wrote:

Ikr. The most annoying thing if u play multi is the need to constantly delete all the cut sized maps after every session. Especially the same no title mapset EVERY SINGLE TIME
This is why I never multi. :^)
StephOsu
i never get any TV size pickers in multies, but most map I get sucked anyways :^)