forum

Would you guys consider Kemono as an otaku thing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
V-drift
WARNING before you read into it further into it, I want you guys to make sure you respect everyone's preference without dishing out hate of their likes. I understand a small dislike. but spreading hate is never allowed, you know?

Anyways, I think knowing the tittle, it's obviously I am into Kemono. Or as a lot of you guys know it by in English, Furry. And knowing this is something more popular in Japan's culture too, I was wondering if you guys consider it to be something Otaku-ish since, you know, characters like Kimarhi, characters from Dragon blast (No not DBZ, but I do like DBZ a lot too. Especially Android #18 and Piccolo), the furry Utau/Vocaloids, I always though those characters sort of also are consider Otaku culture even if it is jus furry. What do you guys think? Agreed? Disagree? And why?
Sayorie
Depends on each person's definition of otaku. To me, it's not an otaku thing if you still have your social skills and decency intact. To others, anything 'out of the ordinary' is already stereotyped as otaku.
I'm an active college student and can still talk to people (barely), but my friends don't know that I like futanari; however, I would still call myself an otaku, solely because of my introversion. I consider myself so not because I'm proud of it, but because I simply loathe society, and because I hate myself. Maybe that will sort you out.
Topic Starter
V-drift
Yes. I think I can understand how you see this very well. It's just for some reason, I always though otaku has the same definition for everyone. I guess I am wrong on that. Thanks for teaching me it depends on the person's definition.

Yeah, I don't see why a lot of people believe anything they consider "weird" or "out of the ordinary" an otaku. But I guess, to each their own thoughts, right?
You're a college student as well, eh? That makes two of us in a similar situation. I talk to some people as long as they earn my sincerest trust. Although they know I like anime, they don't know I tend to search those with at least one mythical creature or anthro animal as one of the characters in the series (Anthro is sort of the same as Kemono or furry in a way). They don't even know I listen to a lot of cover a few kemono UTAU have done that are anime related like the Japanese open of Digimon "Biggest Dreamer". Unfortunately, I don't think I'm a proud Otaku or a proud Furry/Kemono person. I tend to hide it a lot even if someone earns my trust you know. I only let those with similar common likes know.