forum

Any way to train a weaker left/right hand?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ak1o
Hey guys~

I am right-handed, so my left hand is somewhat retarded when it comes to play precisely. It was never a real problem for me though, but it stands out more and more as I play more difficult and faster maps, so I want to ask you guys if you know if there is any possible way to improve your "weaker" hand in particular. Thanks in advance!

PS: My playstyle is kddk
Deva
Use that hand more. Like what did you expect?
Topic Starter
Ak1o
Idk, maybe there are different ways how people approach this problem or what maps they use. Personally I tried to switch my left hand to my main one, but I just got confused while playing.
Deva
I don't know much about taiko and how it works but I do know that I spammed the hell out of speed and stamina training to get where I am now. That is the only way.

My non dominant hand is now faster and way more precise than dominant one thanks to that.
darkmiz
if you full alternate you shouldn't have a problem
MMzz
Find a style of play that is comfortable for you and stick with it and it will come naturally as you build muscle memory. The worst thing you can do in a rhythm game is constantly changing your play style because you won't build any muscle memory.
Dusalty
Play mania.
Horiiizon
Just Practice :)
Surono

loe4boe wrote:

Play mania.
can be tried for that, also it works for balanced fingers at taiko gameplay.
Minhtam

loe4boe wrote:

Play mania.
Sounds like a troll answer, but this is actually the correct one.

One of the reasons why I was able to excel at osu! pretty quickly was because I had fundamental training on the left hand by playing Flash Flash Revolution (which is basically 4k mania). I remember playing FFR with only two fingers (my right index and middle finger on the numeric keypad, like a DDR pad) only to get rickrolled by notes that require 3 or 4 keys to be pressed at the same time, which forced me to learn how to play with the left hand too. Then I got better and better with the left hand long before I started playing osu!