forum

Tommy heavenly6 - Pray

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Riik_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 30 March 2011 at 19:13:39

Artist: Tommy heavenly6
Title: Pray
Source: Gintama
Tags: Gintama Tommy Heavenly 6 Pray Full Version Video
BPM: 178
Filesize: 11128kb
Play Time: 02:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.85 stars, 183 notes)
  2. Hard (4.51 stars, 386 notes)
  3. Insane (4.82 stars, 497 notes)
  4. Normal (3.53 stars, 274 notes)
Download: Tommy heavenly6 - Pray
Download: Tommy heavenly6 - Pray (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is the full version of the song (with video)

UPDATE - 30/03/2011 [19:17 GMT+1]

- Re-aligned map objects to improve spacing on all difficulties

- Fixed timing sections to inherit instead of act as a whole new timing change

- Tweaked difficulties to give a broader difference between them and append aspects that are too hard or too easy for a specific map
hoLysoup
hellO!

General:
Timing Sections:
I'm sure TommyHeavenly6 - Pray has only 1 timing. yet you have like 8 red lines. Red lines indicate a bpm change, you need to inherit timing for the rest of the timing sections so they turn into green lines. You can refer to other people who's mapped this song from the ranking maps and check their timing.

Insane:
I don't think Overall Difficulty needs to be at 10. The main thing I've realized throughout your maps is that you have very inconsistent spacing. Quick example is here: 00:23:946 (1,2,1,1) - the spacing in these are exactly the same yet their positioned on different spacings on the timeline. and here another example: 00:31:025 (1,2,3,4,5) - same spacing on the timeline yet the spacing is much smaller here. You need to keep consistent spacing. Also the hitsounds.... mmm, I think you should do more trial and errors on the hitsounds for the kiais. and also adjust the volume when it's not kiai/chorus sections of the song. Right now the finish and clap are too loud imo when the main verses are going.

Another thing, why are there random breaks in between your beats even when the singing is going? I mean for example: 00:36:081 (11,12,1) - there's a break in here even though the beats are mapped to the singing and the singing hasn't ceased yet the beats have. that will throw players off. If you map to the singing, drums, bass, other things, you should consider commiting to it and not inserting a random break when the melody's going.

00:39:114 (1) - I dont' think these sliders fit around here.
00:53:609 (3,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Again, spacing. this is probably the most obvious example of the inconsistent spacing you gotta fix this.

I'm not gonna go into in depth modding cause the spacings are outrageous here. I know this is essentially telling you to remap the whole song but trust me, other modders are much more strict than I am and they're more anal about it than me. Also, it increases the playability of your maps greatly if it has consistent spacing so you might wanna consider that. I'm sure the same thing goes for the other difficulties.

Finally, your hard difficulty has the same slider velocity as the insane diff. You should consider lowering it since 1.4 is pretty fast for Hard.
That's it for now :) Good going though ~
Topic Starter
Riik_old
Hi, yeah, I have actually been working on spacing and the likes recently, and updating my sumitted maps... not gotten around to this one yet, but it's good to know exactly how bad it is.

Also, as on all difficulties, half way through the song I increase slider velocity to split the song into two sections of difficulty, hence why there is at least one red timing section (the rest I admit, shouldn't be there, mostly due to inexperience I suspect, although on medium and higher, I have it slow down a bit then speed up again to go with the song)... if this is the wrong way to go about such a thing, then if there is another way I'll follow that.

As for the seemingly random breaks, I was trying to split the map into sections, but if that's not a good thing to do, I will fill it in, although I will definately have to work further with insane on that because it already has quite a high max score :oops:

and tut tut, I just noticed my signature is out of date and says this song hasn't been submitted, which I'm sure I updated... ah well

EDIT: Map Updated.

Also, I tweaked volume, forgot to put that on the description whilst uploading.