forum

NPT 4KMania Tournament [#4,000-#15,000] Concluded

posted
Total Posts
show more
BlankPxl

Kaito-kun wrote:

Since I'm in a good mood, and it's practically already Thrusday on UTC, here's the mappool for the Round of 16!

Round of 16 Mappool

And here's a zip with all the maps from the mappool, courtesy of Dj Princessji

Any problems or feedback regarding the mappool is always welcome. Now go on and start practicing =w=b

IT BEGINS.
Trapdel
Do you livestream this?
I hope
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

Abdel wrote:

Do you livestream this?
I hope
The Round of 16 won't be streamed, as I don't have any streamers, and I will be unable to stream that weekend. But I can hopefully work some magic to stream the other rounds. Can't make any assurances, but I'll try to do something about it.
Everee
Will there be any map bans? I kinda already don't like 2 x.x
privatenasty
Well i run a mac and so right now my client does not work, so i don't think i will be able to play if it doesn't get fixed before it starts.

rip me T^T

i hate being on a mac
privatenasty
nvm i fixed it :D
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

LoliThief wrote:

Will there be any map bans? I kinda already don't like 2 x.x
Oh right, forgot to add it on the rules I feel dumb tbh.

There will be one ban per player for each match.

Added it on the main thread also.
BlankPxl
Just a heads up

I will not be able to attend on the 5th of August because Suicide Squad in the US HYPE!
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

BlankPxl wrote:

Just a heads up

I will not be able to attend on the 5th of August because Suicide Squad in the US HYPE!
Don't worry, 5th August is Friday, and I always try to avoid any matches on Fridays if possible. I'll keep it in mind when I finish the schedule.
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun
Double post yay! :^)

Schedule and brackets are ready!

Brackets for the tournament

Schedule for the Round of 16

Tried to make the times as comfortable as possible, taking in consideration your UTC times. May not be perfect tho. If there's any problem with the time your match is set, please PM me about it (preferably not in-game for this situation), and also talk with your opponent, as times can't be changed if both sides don't agree to it (Very few exceptions can be made regarding this statement).
BlankPxl
:|

Kaito-kun wrote:

Tried to make the times as comfortable as possible, taking in consideration your UTC times. May not be perfect tho. If there's any problem with the time your match is set, please PM me about it (preferably not in-game for this situation), and also talk with your opponent, as times can't be changed if both sides don't agree to it (Very few exceptions can be made regarding this statement).
Regarding the Schedule

I may be unable to play on a Sunday due to certain events and I cannot guarantee playing at 14:00 PDT (22:00 UTC) especially it being at high noon.
Can I request changing my match to a Saturday because I should have no events but I may be offline from 14:00 to 17:00 PDT on that specific day.

Sorry for the hindrance but thanks for understanding! :D
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

BlankPxl wrote:

:|

Kaito-kun wrote:

Regarding the Schedule

I may be unable to play on a Sunday due to certain events and I cannot guarantee playing at 14:00 PDT (22:00 UTC) especially it being at high noon.
Can I request changing my match to a Saturday because I should have no events but I may be offline from 14:00 to 17:00 PDT on that specific day.

Sorry for the hindrance but thanks for understanding! :D
Sorry for the late notice, had a blackout in my house for the whole day yesterday ;w;, but I would prefer it to be discussed with privatenasty (your opponent), as he is also affected by the change. So if you are able to, please talk with privatenasty for a suitable change of schedule for both of you. When you reach a conclusion, send me a message and I'll change it.
BlankPxl
I realise I'm quite the idiot as I thought my match was on my 6th, however it's was on UTC 6th (which was PDT 5th) XD

Well done privatenasty for showing up on time! You deserve it!
privatenasty
Kinda felt a bit bad for you because you are the one that pretty much recommended the time.
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun
So, now that the Round of 16 finished, guess it's time for an update!

First, I would like to say that if you have a problem understanding at what time you have your match in the future, you can ask me and I will answer you as soon as I can (may take a while tho, as I'm not always home). Some of you got confused with the UTC times, so for those who don't know, here's how it is: The times written on the schedule are in UTC, if your time zone is UTC+5, to know at what time you will have your match, just add 5 hours to the match time in the file. If your time zone is UTC-4, subtract 4 hours from the match time in the file. If you are still in doubt of your time, feel free to PM me about it and I can confirm you the time. Just make sure to learn this for the future for those who didn't know this.

Now that this is clear, let's go with the files:

Brackets for the tournament (Already updated)

Schedule for the Round of 8

Mappool for the Quater-finals

For the mappool, I chose to go for a different direction. This time around, Dj Princessji was the leading mappicker for this round's mappool, as we both have different styles when it comes to mappicking, I thought it would be good to make due with more variety on the mappool themselves. If there's any problem with the mappool, or any reccomendations for the future, feel free to PM me (would honestly prefer that than trying to catch me in-game, as I usually enter to chill out, tho I'm not saying you can't talk to me in-game).

Download the whole mappool here!
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun
Time for another update!

Now we are onto the Semifinals. This weekend, we'll decide those who will advance to the Finals and those who will brawl for the 3rd place prize. Anyways, here are the files you need to be ready for this weekend:

Brackets for the tournament (updated)

Schedule for the Semifinals

Mappool for the Semifinals

As I always say, any problems in regards with the schedule or mappool (or any other issue) should be addressed to me, so we can work on a solution.

Good luck and remember to have fun! :D
Toaph Daddy
Ok, so my rank seems to be getting better really fast, and I don't know if I feel comfortable staying in the tournament for the rest, because, even though I legitimately thought my skill level was around the level of 4000-15000 at the beginning of the tournament, it is a bit more clear to me that I should probably not be in that range and if I stay in this tournament it will feel almost like I was sandbagging, and I don't want to feel guilty of something like that. I know this messes a lot up if I am removed from the tournament, but I don't know if I should be staying in it.
Toaph Daddy

TheToaphster wrote:

Ok, so my rank seems to be getting better really fast, and I don't know if I feel comfortable staying in the tournament for the rest, because, even though I legitimately thought my skill level was around the level of 4000-15000 at the beginning of the tournament, it is a bit more clear to me that I should probably not be in that range and if I stay in this tournament it will feel almost like I was sandbagging, and I don't want to feel guilty of something like that. I know this messes a lot up if I am removed from the tournament, but I don't know if I should be staying in it.
Ok, I most definitely shouldn't stay in, considering I just jumped from 3950 to 2970 in a couple hours because I wasn't playing difficult ranked maps that would give me pp until just now. Again, I know that this will make things difficult, but I definitely should not be competing in this tournament. Sorry everyone for messing up the tournament
Aleppie
can i join now?
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

Aleppie wrote:

can i join now?
Can I nuke you now? '_>'
Aleppie

Kaito-kun wrote:

Can I nuke you now? '_>'
:(
hans1999
When the NPT 4KMania Tournament[#2000-#??]beginning?
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

hans1999 wrote:

When the NPT 4KMania Tournament[#2000-#??]beginning?
In the distant future, when dank memes control the world :^).

So, now that Semifinals are over, even tho it was a somewhat anticlimatic development here. It's time for the Finals!

For the finals, the mappool was made with hate :^) the thought of going borderline regarding your skill level. In other words, it was made with the thought of you getting an A at most with most of the maps :^) (without trying to go into overkill territory ofc). Also, the schedule this time around will be pretty flexible, in case one of the players have difficulty going to the match (wouldn't like ending a tournament with a forfeit).

Dj Princessji also has a surprise for the Winner of the tournament, whoever wins the Finals has the choice to go against him for the opportunity to win an extra month of supporter. If you lose, you get 3 months supporter for winning, but if you win against Princess, you get 4 months as a prize instead, so whoever wins shouldn't have anything to lose with trying!

Finally, for the 3rd place match, I chose to do something a bit "special". This time around, the opponent for [Konoshintaro]- for the 3rd place match will be me. Of course, I will have the handicap of being forced to choose HD (only twice) or HR mods to go against him, while he can go No Mod all match long.

Now, enought talking. Here are the files for the Finals:

FINALS MAPPOOL

Brackets of the tournament

Schedule (No need to make a file this time around):

Abdel VS zgaj: Saturday 27th at 14:00 UTC
[Konoshintaro]- VS Kaito-kun: Saturday 27th at 20:00 UTC

Good Luck to the finalists!
Toaph Daddy
Good luck everyone!

Sorry again for making everything confusing!
Aleppie
a new tournament coming soon? time to derank bois
Trapdel
YAY I WON NICE TOURNAMENT IT WAS MUCH FUN THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS ;D
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun
FFS, you are the host, at least be puntual about the last freaking update :v

Well, the tournament is already over! Hope everyone enjoyed it and I also hope you continue to get better until you reach your goals. Anyways, here are the tournament standings:

Abdel (1st Place)
zgaj (2nd Place)
[Konoshintaro]- (3rd Place)

There's also the fact that Abdel won against DJ Princessji and won the challenge, earning an extra month of supporter for the victory!

With this, the tournament concludes, Abdel should have received his supporter by now. But zgaj and Konoshintaro will receive them a bit later. Not to worry tho, you'll get your promised supporter :P.