Turkey is having a coup

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Kanzaki
For what ??

Nothing has achieved
-Kanzaki
Its safe now i guess because i am working at the mall every store is opened its done
Fl4ndre Scarlet

Rurree wrote:

Stay at home, especially if you're in Istanbul..
or Ankara..

I'm safe for now but I'm still afraid
Halo
It's over, we can get back to playing Pokemon Go now.
Meah
It's over, coup failed but left 90 dead and 1000 injured.
Halo

Halo wrote:

It's over, we can get back to playing Pokemon Go now.

Meah wrote:

It's over, coup failed but left 90 dead and 1000 injured.
There are 2 kinds of people
-Kanzaki
I wanna punch in the face to this people hanging around in the mall still having fun, it isnt even totally done yet. fuck this shit
Sed
In our country somebody makes ridiculous things day by day... I hope somebody has extra wisdom points for make somebody normal.
Yuudachi-kun

-Kanzaki wrote:

I wanna punch in the face to this people hanging around in the mall still having fun, it isnt even totally done yet. fuck this shit

People aren't cowering in fear so I will give them a reason to - Kanzaki
Cinnyboo
Stay safe guys.
Fl4ndre Scarlet
I saw a helicopter and on my way home and I saw two ambulances

I'm really gonna cry :(

And broadcaster impact statement is forcibly taught but peoples is rescued she.

Our freedom and happiness will can be restricted :(

(Turkey Time 11:39 PM Adding): Once may be more coup attempts
Zain Sugieres
Rip Turkey's dreams about entering the EU
Meah

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Rip Turkey's dreams about entering the EU
Zain Sugieres
Meah go away this is a serious thread you aren't allowed in here
JackBezarius18
Are you Ok Guys?
AlyNight
Oh dear...
I sure hope you guys all will be alright. I am glad the coup failed.
JackBezarius18
Me too :3
Shiguri
So, I don't really have an exact thing to say, but I think the soldiers tried to trap us in Istanbul. I was there when it started.
A soldier told us (my family) to walk through the parkhouse since it is safe there from "terror attacks" and taxis will pick us up there too.
But after 10 minutes the soldiers decided to close the way to where we are. After we heard a shot, we (well, almost everybody) decided to walk away from there.
I'm still asking myself what they would've done if everyone was still there.
Fl4ndre Scarlet
Numbers is really scary

240 persons are dead
1535 persons are wounded
8660 persons are detained
Tshemmp

Sniverre235 wrote:

Oh dear...
Yeah, not so sure about that, would have probably been better if the coup succeeded. Now Erdogan will use this as an excuse to grab more power and undermine the democratic system in Turkey. Thousands of judges and teachers already got fired. That's how you build an autocracy, gotta remove the intellectual elite.
AlyNight

Tshemmp wrote:

Sniverre235 wrote:

Oh dear...
Yeah, not so sure about that, would have probably been better if the coup succeeded. Now Erdogan will use this as an excuse to grab more power and undermine the democratic system in Turkey. Thousands of judges and teachers already got fired. That's how you build an autocracy, gotta remove the intellectual elite.
Looks like I did not understand the subject too well.
In any means, stay safe and lets hope the chaos does not gets worst from here...
-Kanzaki

Tshemmp wrote:

Sniverre235 wrote:

Oh dear...

Why do you think it would be better? A country without a goverment is no good. The economy would be crashed and the country would be in danger because of the terrorism we have here already, since the policeman and security intelligence will stop working our country will be vulnerable for any terror attacks. So that would raise the number of deads
Zain Sugieres
Well the coup was a bad idea because it wouldn't be better for Turkey if it succeeded or not.
-Kanzaki
The goal of it was to damage turkey whether it successes or not. Since the ones whose behind of it is found, we can tell it.
Tshemmp
The goal was to remove Erdogan. It's not the first time in Turkey's history the military tried to intervene when the political leader drifts away from the views Atatürk envisioned for the country (it actually happens quite often), that's part of their job. Bye bye secularism, hello islamistic regime.
-Kanzaki
It happened on 1980 last time yea quite often?
And yes it was for take down erdogan but the ones who want to take control are also islamic movement which called "Gülen cemaati" so no the goal actually isnt what you are telling
Tshemmp
1960, 1971, 1980, I'd call that quite often for a modern country. I also doubt Gülen had anything do to with the coup, does the turkish media say that? Guess who controls the media there now. It fits perfectly for Erdogan to blame Gülen, he can depict him as a public enemy so he can do anything he wants now. Doesn't that remind you of someone? Using an "incident" to proclaim a "state of emergency" and having a scapegoat he can blame for everything so he can restrict basic democratic rights left and right? Yeah, it didn't end so well for Hitler. I can't believe people are actually supporting him.
-Kanzaki
Well, Genelkurmay Başkanı Orgeneral Hulusi Akar 's riught hand (highest rank soldier' s right hand) himself confessed that he is with gülen cemaati and that he is regretting it now
Tshemmp
Oh okay, seems I was wrong about that then.

Still there are articles like http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... swers.html popping up now. Of course I am not an expert at all in this topic, so stuff like this makes me question what really happened there.
Topic Starter
Tornado
I just edited the 1st post for the last time.