forum

Taking Breaks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
herrkamink
So, recently I've noticed if I take a break from osu! for 1-2days when I return I am usually doing better on many maps and overall get a better feel when playing the game. But as soon as I am not able to play for 3-5days I have to figure out my pengrip completely from scratch again and sometimes even mess with my tablet area since I don't know how to hold my pen comfortably. Some days I just don't have the time to play osu! and I don't think I need to justify that. I have never been able to stay with 1 pen-grip and area for longer than a month since I always forget how to hold it comfortably and even though I get some pp in the process of trying out new things it's just a terrible feeling. This has been a problem ever since I started playing. I know I suck at many things in this game but I feel like my improvement is always set back by a month when I have to take a longer break from playing. This is only affecting my right hand with my pen though. Sometimes when I don't have the time to play for enough time where I can warm up and then really start, I play a few new ranked maps on AP - meaning my tapping stays the same. When I return from a longer break even after 2 hours of playing I am still focusing on my right hand and changing the way I hold my pen several times mid-map because it doesn't feel right. I'm not gonna blame sucking at osu on this problem but it clearly affects my improvement - negatively.

I don't know if I still haven't found the grip I am most comfortable with but every 2-3 weeks it feels like I'm starting over. I'm tired of it. Any tips on how you remember your perfect 'settings' or 'grip' after taking a break? Or am I just retarded?
Deva
When I took a 2 month break when I came back while playing it felt like someone was trying to gouge my eyes out. I didn't try to change my eyes or the way I use them.

Its the same thing with your grip, you just need to stick to one for a really long time for it to feel natural after a longer break. Trying to change it every time is retarded.
Topic Starter
herrkamink
What. Is there any other way to 'use' your eyes than LOOKING AT THE SCREEN? What I am talking about is reapplying muscle memory, or even creating muscle memory. I would like to stick with a grip but after some of these breaks I don't even REMEMBER how I was gripping my pen and can't play really well until I have found a comfortable grip. I am not trying to change my grip - I'd love to keep one, but picking up the pen and not knowing how to grip it comfortably after a few days just sucks. I seem to not really get used to any grip or just not play enough I guess.

We are very close in our PP but you have a lot of 5*+(nomod) scores in your top ranks. Do I have any? Hell no, the highest is 4.8*(nomod). I can't do jumps of more difficult maps which is why I suck so much. Acc is no problem, my right hand is just fucked when it comes to the pen movement.
gooder101
Mayby stop changing tablet area constantly,download some unranked maps to challenge yourself.
And if you are really retarded take photo of your grip of even frickin draw it.
Stop with the breaks,it doesn't work
Deva
If you at least tried to figure out what I meant instead of trying to make my shitty analogy look even shittier maybe you would be playing properly right now.

Take a picture of look at your grip till you remember it, take a picture of it, take a pen and a paper and describe your grip to finest details idk

Thats because I'm heavily underranked but I dont understand whats the point of mentioning that?
Topic Starter
herrkamink
Taking a picture of it? Holy shit. I feel really REALLY dumb right now. Why did I never think of this. I'm sorry I'm gonna go bury myself now.
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

If you at least tried to figure out what I meant instead of trying to make my shitty analogy look even shittier maybe you would be playing properly right now.

Take a picture of look at your grip till you remember it, take a picture of it, take a pen and a paper and describe your grip to finest details idk

Thats because I'm heavily underranked but I dont understand whats the point of mentioning that?
Let's trade rank I feel that I'm heavily overranked
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

Let's trade rank I feel that I'm heavily overranked
But you arent. Feel better now?
Fxjlk
The more you play the more you will remember how you used to play the game. There is no real shortcut.

Try to avoid breaks if you can.
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

But you arent. Feel better now?
no because I'm a scrub :c
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

no because I'm a scrub :c
At least you have acc and reading that I lack.
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

At least you have acc and reading that I lack.
but im constantly getting rekted by people around my rank in multies :c
Deva
Just in what way does multi matter at all? At your level multi is more about luck than skill.