forum

9mm Parabellum Bullet - Inferno

posted
Total Posts
show more
Secretpipe
gz my man!
KaelGen
I like how OD is matching AR on the above insane diffs... like in the good old times, where you had no choice but to have them match :) Osu! needs more high OD goodness :3
Sotarks

i still don't know if all diffs are made by you.. pls DQ or fix
Ascendance

mick2903 wrote:

I like how OD is matching AR on the above insane diffs... like in the good old times, where you had no choice but to have them match :) Osu! needs more high OD goodness :3
ctb style
Wormi
Excruciating Extra
01:02:536 (1,2,3) - These sliders have really low hitsounds (45% instead of 90% volume in other diffs) thus making it really weird to play especially after these huge jumps where hitsound feedback is really needed

pls DQ
alacat
I don't know why only 45% volume in Excruciating Extra diff. But i can hear sounds/hit sounds when i'm playing. If Monstrata wants to fix this, pls poke me :p
Wormi
Depending on the player's skin, these notes can be almost silent (this is my case) which is really disturbing since the previous notes are quite loud
Okoratu
It seems like a slipup from adding green lines and not intended
Fezu
Please don't meme.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
I'll fix that. I'll wait for alacat cuz I want to double check the source too.
Sheepe
dq :(
alacat
as request
Topic Starter
Monstrata
fixed!
alacat
ok, will re-qualify after nine hours ;) need to wait 24 hours after qualify https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/5388480/
Weber

alacat wrote:

I don't know why only 45% volume in Excruciating Extra diff. But i can hear sounds/hit sounds when i'm playing. If Monstrata wants to fix this, pls poke me :p
not nearly as extreme as his 85% > 20% volume drops in Path of Wind :p
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Those were intentional tho xD. This one's just a mistake when changing volumes. Initially the normal-hitclap was super loud so i reduced he volume in game, but then i reduced the volume of the hitsound itself so I didnt have to reduce the hit-normal volume for that section lol.

anyways, if its inaudible on your skin thats not really my problem. but the inconsistency is worth ironing out
alacat
Back!
Weber
griffith still did nothing wrong

gz pls rank this time
-Atri-
Monstrata....

WHY YOU DONT EDIT THE MP3 D:<
_handholding
qual
Shiny Spoon
Are you fucking joking?

Usually, I just look at these maps, take it up the ass and play older ones where I could actually stand it, but shown by this map 2016 is an absolute shit show of bad maps and I just seen one of the worst of all. Lets take a look

[Eclipse]

Theres nothing more to say about this map than throw it in the fucking graveyard, but just to humor myself. Ill explain my thoughts anyway.

The beginning is okay, up until this part.

00:12:690 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - What is this spacing and WHY is it intensifying so much? The song here has NO change in intensity, and the hitsounds barely make it intensified either. I agree with the whole "lets space it out as the jumps move forth," but dont make the god damn jumps across the screen, literally ONLY going for difficulty and I've never seen it more blatant.

00:19:151 (1) - From this note in the stream forth, what is the point of spacing this out more? Its not like the riff gets intensified more/higher in volume. Theres no reason to make this more spaced than the ones before. The guitar only calls for one spaced out section, then back to what it was. Thats how it should play from how it sounds, its a rhythm game for fucks sake.

00:21:613 (9) - Why aren't you atleast LOWERING the spacing? The intensity here is dropping yet for some reason you drop it here 00:22:536 (1) - ?

00:24:997 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1) - This spacing is SO inconsistent from the spacing you had in the beginning burst. Theres other ones you can find straight after too, not hard to find as its so blatant.

00:52:382 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Hey guys, I know a great idea! You know how im only known for triangles? Yeah? So let me just add a fucking triangle pattern here, and make it have no rhythmic placement whatsoever, Haaha AHAHA memes bois!

Oh wow, that pattern is god awful, you did it so much better in previous diffs with sliders and a couple hit circles. it actually FITS. PLEASE

00:59:766 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think a part of me died for the mapping community when I saw this shit can get ranked. These should not be across the screen jumps at all, because yet again its blatant difficulty mapping with no regard to the music whatsoever.

01:01:613 (1,2,3) - The intensity drops a bit here, so why does it increase in difficulty? Hmm.....I think that ones obvious.

01:17:920 (1) - From this point on, any ounce of consistency you may of had dropped to an all time 0% because this stream isn't intensified in any way, literally the same exact riff from the beginning, and worst of all, its not even intensified by a kiai time???

BUT WAIT IM NOT DONE WITH THAT STREAM

01:21:920 (1) - OH LOOK this note is the start of the exact same spacing as the previous stream before the spacing increase supported by the song, but you didnt do that earlier? What was the point of that??? It seems here you just thought you couldn't get away with more spacing it seems.

01:27:459 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - yay more across the screen jumps. Kill me.

[Tortured Soul Extra]

A little more bareable of a diff for me, but still not great enough for ranking in my eyes.

00:15:613 (2) - This stream forth the biggest problem I have with this is the awkwardness of these stream pauses. I feel it'd be so much better to be using repeat sliders.

00:52:382 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2) - These are so bad for a pattern, they make no sense and is so gimmicky in a map that has literally no other gimmick, I have no idea why you'd put these here in this way, again like earlier. SLIDERS SLIDERS SLIDERS. I've seen you use them nicely before, they'd fit here perfectly.

00:59:766 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - I dont even have to say anything, you know what im going to say. (*Cough* screen jumps *cough*)

01:17:920 (1) - The structure is well done comparative to the beginning, the spacing should stay atleast consistent, its literally no different from earlier.

01:27:459 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Honestly, I dont mind this one as much, its so much better than across the screen jumps.

[Tragic Death Extra]

00:13:613 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Eh, something about this pattern doesnt seem right and again the spacing is horrid.

00:15:459 (1) - Comparative to the diff above this, this is so much better of a way to reduce difficulty and making it not play like absolute shit.

00:18:843 (9,10) - These feel pretty awkward playability wise.

00:52:382 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This is so much better than the diff above, but still super awkward for a map that you developed this to be. In both this diff and the last, you hype the map up with these intense jump patterns, yet for some reason these are so underwhelmingly close to each other. Im not saying increase the spacing a shit ton, but increase it a LITTLE bit, nothing insane. Make visible patterns, but dont make them over exaggerated. This is definitely a place to have low spacing, but not a place to have intense spacing. This section, just like the diff above is a massive flow breaker and needs fixing.

01:01:613 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - spacing so bad, too much spacing here.

01:18:228 (1) - This section forth for the streams, they're beautiful, this is how it SHOULD be mapped, its perfect this way.

[Final Thoughts]

I will say right now that I bare no hard feelings toward you, and im more concerned and very annoyed at this mapset for its ridiculously high star rating for such a song like this. Im sorry, theres no other way I can put this, but this is like an attention seeker map, this is only made to be difficult, and like an attention seeker, its so fucking obvious. You honestly should've stopped at Tragic Death Extra.

The reasoning behind Tragic Death Extra being a stopping point is it has patterns that are most definitely iffy, but they're fixable, the ones above are blatantly going for difficulty, and the way its mapped is massively pushing it. Tragic Death pushes it a bit, but the next ones upward are so blatantly trying to go for difficulty that its actually saddening to see it.

Although, you may not take most of my suggestions into consideration, I am only trying to get my own opinion, despite it most definitely being unpopular of an opinion, which makes it even harder to make a post so upfront and oppressive to current metas. I only wish you the best of luck on this mapset. No hard feelings toward you again, I definitely tried to tone my mod town as I went forth.

Best of luck.

- Spoon
Fezu
Oh wow a post count 66 mod that is aggressive as fuck, wow. You know so much about mapping!

Aaand no ranked maps. Yeah, knew that critique was pointless. Usually is when its' so aggressive.
fieryrage

Fezu wrote:

Oh wow a post count 66 mod that is aggressive as fuck, wow. You know so much about mapping!
to be fair you don't know much either, so i don't know why you're trying to counter-aggro

giving some points from my point of view on the top diff but i understand if you disagree with them:

• od 10 seems pretty overkill imo but i can't really argue against it
    00:02:228 (9) - 1/4 slider might fit better here? rhythm calls for it, sort of
    00:04:074 (9) - ^
    00:05:920 (9) - ^
    00:16:074 (1,2,3,4) - this could use a bit more spacing for the guitar
    00:16:997 (1,2,3,4) - ^
    00:19:766 (1,2,3,4) - ^ ya basically every section like this tbh
    00:23:151 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - stuff like this that isn't really intensified might be better off with some sliders in between?
    00:38:536 (2,3,4) - nc these? pretty spread out so nc would be good for aesthetics and stuffzz
    00:47:305 (5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - streams like this could be better with some distance snap variation imo, having it all the same is pretty bland playing-wise
    01:01:613 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - pretty overkill for a non-intense part of the song tbh
    01:14:843 (1,1) - remove ncs?

as for the final stream i feel like it should have nc's every 8th note instead of 12th note (and nc the 4 note stream left over) and space it accordingly to that, for example 01:23:459 (9,10,11,12) - these notes are pretty intense compared to the stream before it and should be nc'd on the 9th note and spaced out a bit more, personal opinion tho
pretty alright map though
Underforest
@Shiny Spoon Please avoid being aggresive when you do a mod. It will not help too much to the mapper.

second disqualify coming? :o
Fezu

fieryrage wrote:

Fezu wrote:

to be fair you don't know much either, so i don't know why you're trying to counter-aggro

giving some points from my point of view on the top diff but i understand if you disagree with them:

• od 10 seems pretty overkill imo but i can't really argue against it
    00:02:228 (9) - 1/4 slider might fit better here? rhythm calls for it, sort of
    00:04:074 (9) - ^
    00:05:920 (9) - ^
    00:16:074 (1,2,3,4) - this could use a bit more spacing for the guitar
    00:16:997 (1,2,3,4) - ^
    00:19:766 (1,2,3,4) - ^ ya basically every section like this tbh
    00:23:151 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - stuff like this that isn't really intensified might be better off with some sliders in between?
fuck i posted this early nice ill edit this in a sec with the full mod
Well, I honestly feel the need to point out if you feel like critiqueing something you should try and post what you don't like in a proper and respectful manner and not go on a rant.

Also honestly? He's the same as me, No ranked maps mean you know shit about mapping.
Battle
It raises concerns even though it's rude and everyone's opinions are relevant during qualification
Shiny Spoon

Fezu wrote:

Well, I honestly feel the need to point out if you feel like critiqueing something you should try and post what you don't like in a proper and respectful manner and not go on a rant.

Also honestly? He's the same as me, No ranked maps mean you know shit about mapping.
I originally wasn't going to respond, but I want to take a moment to clarify my feeling towards Monstrata and what I feel mapping is.

Mapping to me is something thats supposed to be fun and not supposed to be about ranking. I take ranking something that comes as a bonus to mapping, but not necessary. I map mostly for the graveyard, I never try for rank ever.

Now the meaning behind this post? Well, quite frankly it is most definitely a rant based mod, because if you take a minute to open your eyes and realize this isnt the first time its been done by not only monstrata, but other mappers as well. You'd start to see it more my way, that this is unacceptable.

EDIT: The only approach I saw to a mod for a map like this, is to take a very blunt and direct one. I cant just take his hand and slowly walk him across the street like hes a small child. As a mapper, and how I feel as a mapper, you should be ready for HARSH criticism, but its criticism none the less and should be taken into consideration.
Fezu

Battle wrote:

It raises concerns even though it's rude and everyone's opinions are relevant during qualification
I just find it a bit odd that a tone like that is allowed, then again this is a controversial map. Just like every other high star rating Monstrata map.

Guess it brings out the worst in mappers who find it disgusting, I can understand that tbh.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
I'll take a more detailed look when I get home, but it seems you generally aren't pleased with the way I use spacing and DS in my map. Unfortunately we'll just have to disagree on that. I'm happy to provide better reasons and logic behind these spacings. However, I don't plan on changing anything unless it's a mistake on my part, like the volume dq earlier. (Of course, since I don't have osu on atm, I can't judge, so give me an hour first to get home).
Fezu

Shiny Spoon wrote:

Fezu wrote:

I originally wasn't going to respond, but I want to take a moment to clarify my feeling towards Monstrata and what I feel mapping is.

Mapping to me is something thats supposed to be fun and not supposed to be about ranking. I take ranking something that comes as a bonus to mapping, but not necessary. I map mostly for the graveyard, I never try for rank ever.

Now the meaning behind this post? Well, quite frankly it is most definitely a rant based mod, because if you take a minute to open your eyes and realize this isnt the first time its been done by not only monstrata, but other mappers as well. You'd start to see it more my way, that this is unacceptable.

EDIT: The only approach I saw to a mod for a map like this, is to take a very blunt and direct one. I cant just take his hand and slowly walk him across the street like hes a small child. As a mapper, and how I feel as a mapper, you should be ready for HARSH criticism, but its criticism none the less and should be taken into consideration.
I think osu! is past the point of caring about bad maps being ranked.

Doesn't help the system is rigged when meme mappers like Vinxis or Monstrata has free reign and contacts that can get maps ranked within 2-4 pages of mods.

Then there's the asians which has free reign to add TV size maps whenever they feel like it.

You realize your rant post is against a system you can't beat right, give up. It's over. The system is completely and absolutely fucked. Just enjoy the game.
Okoratu
If you have nothing relevant to say about the map, please don't clog the thread up with irrelevant stuff about each other
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Perhaps there is a better place to discuss the ranking criteria..

Anyways @fieryrage if you want to mod, I'd appreciate your perspective on quaver more tbh xD. I'm ranking that soon.
fieryrage

Monstrata wrote:

Anyways @fieryrage if you want to mod, I'd appreciate your perspective on quaver more tbh xD. I'm ranking that soon.
ait got it
Fezu
-snip-
Irreversible
Do you mind elaborating on those diffnames? I can't really put excruciating, tragic death and tortured soul into a context
Fezu

Irreversible wrote:

Do you mind elaborating on those diffnames? I can't really put excruciating, tragic death and tortured soul into a context
Well Berserk is all about suffering, so I guess its' supposed to be following the scale of suffering from mild to absolutely fucking fucked up which is The Eclipse.
VINXIS

Fezu wrote:

Doesn't help the system is rigged when meme mappers like Vinxis or Monstrata has free reign and contacts that can get maps ranked within 2-4 pages of mods.
any1 tht isnt garbo at mapping can get ther mapz ranked within 2-4 pages of modz if they wanted 2 helo.. : /

lets talk if u wana on osU but im watchin anime rn so la ter,
Sotarks

Sotarks wrote:

chill guys~
Topic Starter
Monstrata
The diff names show a progression of pain. Past Excruciating they also relate to the plot of Berserk. Hopefully this doesn't spoil too much, but basically the "Tragic Death" isn't the end for the main character, and they have to continue living, hence why Tortured Soul is even more difficult, whereas usually you'd consider "death" the last difficulty in a spread ostensibly related to pain.

Painful > Blistering > Traumatized > Agonizing > Excruciating all tell the feeling of pain throughout the series, culminating in Tragic Death, Tortured Souls, and of course, the Eclipse, where life, death, and rebirth meet.
Shiny Spoon

Monstrata wrote:

I'll take a more detailed look when I get home, but it seems you generally aren't pleased with the way I use spacing and DS in my map. Unfortunately we'll just have to disagree on that. I'm happy to provide better reasons and logic behind these spacings. However, I don't plan on changing anything unless it's a mistake on my part, like the volume dq earlier. (Of course, since I don't have osu on atm, I can't judge, so give me an hour first to get home).
Dropping back in to see whats gone on after my post, and this would be preferred. I'd like to hear some kind of explaination as to why these 'problems' exist. Dependent on opinions, I think from this point on controversial (or in this case, more subjective) subjects like what I placed in my rant/mod should be open for major discussion in a civil manor (more pointing towards myself) . I feel theres much more to this that should be said and providing reasons and your own logic to these spacings would be a good start for this possibility of a discussion.
show more