forum

Tablet Players vs Mouse Players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BurnedTacoSauce
the pros and cons of mouse and tablet, I would like to see them from other peoples POV
timemon
tablet > mouse

source: I play with mouse and I'm shit. It's clearly the mouse that's holding me back.
_handholding
regardless of which one is 'better' or 'easier to learn' etc most ppl seem to find using a tablet more fun, myself included
Topic Starter
BurnedTacoSauce

timemon wrote:

tablet > mouse

source: I play with mouse and I'm shit. It's clearly the mouse that's holding me back.
well it's not true that the mouse is holding you back, I'm a tablet player but I still play mouse occasionally, it's the matter of practice
Topic Starter
BurnedTacoSauce

Kisses wrote:

regardless of which one is 'better' or 'easier to learn' etc most ppl seem to find using a tablet more fun
then again, setting up your tablet is annoying for ppl who just bought it
Topic Starter
BurnedTacoSauce

BurnedTacoSauce wrote:

timemon wrote:

tablet > mouse

well it's not true that the mouse is holding you back, I'm a tablet player but I still play mouse occasionally, it's the matter of practice (thats the caase for me)
N0thingSpecial
at this point I have to question why this thread exist, cause there are tons of other threads that contain the same content

either way mouse have mouse drift, relative aim as oppose to absolute aim, in practice should be inferior since we learn to use a pen first not a mouse first.
Deva
Mouse is inferior because mouse drift and relative bs and also you use pen even when you don't play osu. Anyone who says that mouse is better first record a replay of you playing 300BPM back and forth jumps realise how you cant after.
Endaris

HK_ wrote:

Mouse is inferior because mouse drift and relative bs and also you use pen even when you don't play osu. Anyone who says that mouse is better first record a replay of you playing 300BPM back and forth jumps realise how you cant after.
Depends on whether they're left-right or up-down. Based on wrist-angling left-right is fairly comfy with mouse but up-down is significantly easier with tablet.
Deva

Endaris wrote:

Depends on whether they're left-right or up-down. Based on wrist-angling left-right is fairly comfy with mouse but up-down is significantly easier with tablet.
Id really like to see someone play this with mouse. I even Doomsday failed it miserably.
Endie-
#mousemasterrace
I don't have a problem with mousedrift.

HK_ wrote:

Id really like to see someone play this with mouse. I even Doomsday failed it miserably.
oh boy not even the best mouse player can pass it!1111
Doomsday is lacking in speed.
Deva

Endie- wrote:

I just mentioned him because he is in top 100
Any other mouse player will do
Endie-

HK_ wrote:

Endie- wrote:

I just mentioned him because he is in top 100
Any other mouse player will do
Lets use this as an example:

Its a mouse only* Galaxy Collapse play.
Deva
That play certainly is impressive but he missed most of the back and forth jumps. And for momentum in long jumps you can just bypass it by increasing your dpi.e

I used top players as an example and not everyone is a top player. Apply this to less skilled players and difference becomes way more obvious, theres just too much momentum to deal with when using mouse.
Endie-

HK_ wrote:

That play certainly is impressive but he missed most of the back and forth jumps. And for momentum in long jumps you can just bypass it by increasing your dpi.e

I used top players as an example and not everyone is a top player. Apply this to less skilled players and difference becomes way more obvious, theres just too much momentum to deal with when using mouse.
Isn't Cookeizi the only player who can play count down properly? "Normal" players can only dream of getting that amount of skill even if its a tablet player or a mouse player. Luckily you don't need to be able to do 320bpm back and forths to be recognized as a top tier player.
Just because I use a mouse, doesn't mean I can't beat a tablet player that is at the same level as me.
Deva
OP asked for something objective. To clearly see the difference you must go to the extreme. I mean there are many mouse players who are better than many tablet players and thats why nothing subjective will do. But as you said you dont need to be able to play 300+ bpm to be considered good so the difference doesnt really matter.

OP here you go, its all about subjective opinion.
Dank Memes
s
Snow901
I'd say using a tablet is better than using mouse because you have more freedom with absolute mapping than using relative location. Sure, you can see a mouse player that aims just as good as a tablet player on very difficult maps, but it takes the mouse player much more effort to do so than someone using tablet.
The Gambler
Mablet anyone?
Topic Starter
BurnedTacoSauce

The Gambler wrote:

Mablet anyone?
does tobe style count?
StephOsu
IMO tablet and mouse have the their counterpart's disadvantage as their advantage
for example, mouse have to deal with mouse drift which tablet doesn't need to, but on the same situation, tablets are more vulnerable to shaky cursor than mouse
it's probably picking between having advantage on speed vs stability
note that I'm not trying to say that any device is superior, it's just that you need to work harder on your flawed areas to cover up what your counterpart can do easier, like you need to work harder on your ability to play nerves to not be as bothered by shaky cursor as mouse, and you need to work harder on your snapping and stuffs to make up the speed you don't have as a mouse compare to tablets.
Tablet probably only have 1 major advantage over mouse which is the ability to develop muscle memory easier and faster thanks to absolute tracking
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

tablets are more vulnerable to shaky cursor than mouse
You can just drag and poof it goes away
StephOsu
IMO you kinda sacrifice the speed advantage if you drag on tablet
Deva
Rafis would disagree.
veepari
A mouse is way better for your hand.
Paneiru
The only reason I ever considered changing to a tablet was because of a tablets absolute positioning. Because each pixel on the screen is fixed to a position on the tablet, you won't have to deal with the huge mouse drifting that usually occurs for me in jumpy maps. This is a really annoying thing, especially on fast maps without any breaks which prevents you from being able to lift your mouse from the pad to reposition your mouse. This sometimes lead to the mouse slipping too much to 1 side of the mousepad making you run out of space to move the mouse.
dung eater
tablets have more input lag