forum

Anyone here play's Osu while having parkinsons?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PsychoticVixen
Hey guys, sorry for the gloomy title xD!

I wondered if anyone else suffers from parkinsons and how they cope and how it affects their osu play?
since I get pain in my hands quite fast, and it has definately limited me over the years with streaming, as in I can't really do streams anymore.
x
Underforest

PsychoticVixen wrote:

x
If you're suffering hand problems or something, don't play and relax
Railey2
thats how I can singletap so fast, intense shaking.

Jokes aside, given how many people play this game, there have to be at least 100 other people who have this. I don't know of any forum users with parkinsons though.
Topic Starter
PsychoticVixen

Underforest wrote:

PsychoticVixen wrote:

x
If you're suffering hand problems or something, don't play and relax
I love this game, and many more.
My hands wouldn't make me stop doing any of it, I just wondered how others get around/cope with it etc.
Besides, no point in not enjoying things you love, life is too short xD
levesterz
I normally just ignore the pain that my hand felt ( I remember one time i play osu for 4 hour straight and have intense muscle pain for three days) .I dont i should know regret my decision of ignoring my hand pain or not cause i have suffer from uncomfortable wrist ever since then and kinda like that feel
Jellyblob
x
EneT
"I have Hepatitis E but fuck it!! I'm going to keep drinking alcohol" is what I heard.

I like you a lot OP.
levesterz

Jellyblob56 wrote:

levesterz wrote:

I normally just ignore the pain that my hand felt ( I remember one time i play osu for 4 hour straight and have intense muscle pain for three days) .I dont i should know regret my decision of ignoring my hand pain or not cause i have suffer from uncomfortable wrist ever since then and kinda like that feel
4 hours doesn't seem like to much to me tbh. I'm not really a standard player (I play mania), is it your mouse hand or your tapping hand?
I've played 6+ hrs in once sitting and the only reason I got off was because it was late. I don't really get too much pain though my fingers will get tired if I have to press keys really fast without a break but I usually recover by the next 2 to 3 songs.
Its my tapping hand that i felt the most pain while my hand that holding the mouse only my pinky finger felt the pain cause i have a bad habit of resting my pinky finger on the table( my mouse hand have no problem tho cause it recover in few min). I kinda like to play full ver map (4min - 15min max nonstop) and no resting just four hour straight.
Yeah my hand did get tire after a few min but i ignore it and continue playing.
Yuudachi-kun
Does Stephen Hawking play osu?
FuZ
no
Stefan
I don't think osu! is the right game for you, OP.
Jellyblob
x
Rurree
If you have Parkinson's, I think you should quit this game.
abraker

Rurree wrote:

If you have Parkinson's, I think you should quit this game.
Same

I don't know the effects of induced shaking when having parkinsons, but that doesn't sound like a good idea.
Ankanogradiel
reminded me that one day that I drunk a lot of coffee my hands were shaky and couldn't play
Rio-
I do have tremors on both of my hands (not really affect osu! tbh). But not parkinson (God I hope I won't, at least not in my prime age).
Sanxu_old

EneT wrote:

"I have Hepatitis E but fuck it!! I'm going to keep drinking alcohol" is what I heard.
Parkinson's is neurological and has nothing to do with extended use of mouse and keyboard. You (alogn with what seems to be pretty much everyone else in this thread) are mixing it up with carpool tunnel syndrome.