forum

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AutoMedic

"The ultimatum between hope and despair, let the killing game begin."

MAL (Future Side) | MAL (Despair Side) | Death Charts (spoilers)

I will be maintaining this thread every week for the death charts (spoilers). Spoilertag everything that is related to Danganronpa Another Episode and Danganronpa 2. Danganronpa 1 spolers don't need the spoiler tags because the game and the anime has been out for awhile. The anime assumes that you have already played both DR1 and SDR2, because this takes place directly after both games timeline
Navizel
most likely to be the traitor
Considering fake Byakuya is Ryota Mitarai in Despair Arc, it's likely.

Also, DR2 cast > DR1 cast
Stefan
Well, firetruck me haven't finishing DR2 yet. Have to wait. :/
Topic Starter
AutoMedic

Navizel wrote:

Also, DR2 cast > DR1 cast
DR1 cast was a bit too "monochrome, dull and tasteless" in my own terms. The DR2 characters however, best in the fucking Hope Peak Arc
Haneii
Spoilertag everything that is related to Danganronpa Another Episode and Danganronpa 2.
Don't even watch these if you haven't played DR2 D: I personally feel it would ruin the end as well as the initial impression you're meant to have of the characters + I've seen spoilers to trials in the op XD.

I wonder how or if they'll connect with anything in AE. Didn't really care for the protagonist and the goings on (AE is basically a limited view of what's going on in the outside world btwn the events of DR1 and 2), but it did briefly introduce multiple characters of interest to me.

Anyone else getting a zero escape vibe from the bracelets in the future arc :p? Wish this arc was a game I could play rather than an anime (I know one is coming up, but still...) :(

Loved the first ep in despair. I'm incredibly bias because I adore these characters, but it was pretty fun. They were so happy and nice...what went wrong XD.
Topic Starter
AutoMedic
Finished EP. 2 (Future Arc), and updated the death charts

Woah, we have a shitton of info now

apparently, there's something called a forbidden action which restricts a player from doing something, so we're already putting out the possibility that naegi is the traitor.

paying my respects to both bandai and asahina, rip
La Volpe
Didn't expect Asahina to die so early. :( Good thing is i didnt know there was 2 separate series so now I get to watch despair Arc now. o/
Navizel
haha fuck /a/ was right
Topic Starter
AutoMedic
whoops, fixed something on asahina's status cell
La Volpe
Might just be me but shouldn't the remaining surivors count be a spoiler? It does kinda spoils that someone died if you haven't watched the newest episode.
Haneii
You weren't expecting any deaths? How optimistic of you :3
La Volpe
Hehe that would be kinda funny if that would happen but it wont obviously. Of course if my previous post doesnt make much sens just ignore it, just a thought I had.
Navizel
Death is expected but we don't know when will someone die and how many so yeah, it should be spoilered imo.
Topic Starter
AutoMedic

La Volpe wrote:

Might just be me but shouldn't the remaining surivors count be a spoiler? It does kinda spoils that someone died if you haven't watched the newest episode.
yeah, you're kinda right. just removing that for a bit
La Volpe
Oh man that new despair arc episode lewd as hell omg. Also TAYLOR SWIFT
Haneii

La Volpe wrote:

Also TAYLOR SWIFT
LOL
Navizel
lol memed
La Volpe
Watching the first minute of the episode... oh it's just a prank bro.
Kyonko Hizara
Already I'm so sad because I already established Gozu as my favourite character and he's ripperino already ;-;
Topic Starter
AutoMedic
what the actual fuck is going on kadokawa

also, the quality seemed to have dropped down in this episode, just by a bit tho even if it's a bit noticable
La Volpe

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Already I'm so sad because I already established Gozu as my favourite character and he's ripperino already ;-;
Yeah he was my favorite too, I was more pissed to see him dead than Asahina not dead. Am I the only one who has stopped taking Edge Lord Manakuta seriously?
Navizel

AutoMedic wrote:

what the actual fuck is going on kadokawa

also, the quality seemed to have dropped down in this episode, just by a bit tho even if it's a bit noticable
blame funi 2016
Kyonko Hizara

La Volpe wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Yeah he was my favorite too, I was more pissed to see him dead than Asahina not dead. Am I the only one who has stopped taking Edge Lord Manakuta seriously?
I never cared for Asahina in DR1 so I almost shed a tea or joy thinking she was dead lol
Haneii
Nuuuuu. This thread died~

incoming spoilers o.o

Haneii wrote:

I wonder how or if they'll connect with anything in AE. Didn't really care for the protagonist and the goings on (AE is basically a limited view of what's going on in the outside world btwn the events of DR1 and 2), but it did briefly introduce multiple characters of interest to me.

*slow claps*

This gives me hope (...haha) that it isn't the last I'll see of the survivors/those alive at the end of AE. I'm guessing they'll all be in the final game. Also, considering how old Monaca is in this anime, the events of DR2 happen at least a couple years after DR1 and AE (I'm just guessing, though. This is assuming that Naegi's hearing and the events of the future arc start directly after DR2).

I wonder how involved Monaca or Towa group were in the "killing game" in DR2 considering her current use of Usami's image in Future arch. Also, is she currently on her own? How about Nagisa and Kotoko. Are we gonna see them aged in the anime, too? Who's side will they be on in that case? :D

Speaking of the Warriors of Hope, lol Asahina

Anyway, about that last episode (future arc): Day/Event 3 was a double murder. Both DR1 and DR2 had a double murder for the 3rd trial, and the following day someone sacrifices themselves. So next episode...

I really like where despair arch is going, too. May they continue to feed me more character backstory :D
Stefan
I think I just relaized that Ep. 7 is a massive spoiler for Another Episode.

Maybe it's just me but it seems these are the survivors of AE? At least it looks like that. Also it seems that the "waves" Komaru are shooting are abilities of her... well, that's what I might can expect of the game. lol

Edit:

Navizel
haha I never played AE send help
La Volpe
That new despair arc episode was savage. Is it safe to assume that Mitarai is the mastermind of the killing game(Future arc side) since he's been working/influenced by Junko?
blissfulyoshi

Stefan wrote:

I think I just relaized that Ep. 7 is a massive spoiler for Another Episode.
It felt more like a quick summary of UDG than a spoiler. While there were a few spoilers, nothing too significant about UDG was said or shown. They mostly showed a lot of the mechanics of the game, while explaining the premise of the game.
Stefan
Ep.7 Despair Arc = WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SAW, at least the consumption of victims for this arc is saved. :D
La Volpe
RIP Fedora Dad, you died happy keeping your promise to a close friend, respect.
show more