forum

Tablet play style

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asp1rin
I need help about tablet play style.
So what I want is to decide with what tablet area and resolution shall I play:
-full area + windowed (probably 1280x720)
-full resolution + not full area
-full resolution + full area + changed sensitivity (1.0+)
Share your opinion :3
Deva
Do what you think would be the most comfortable for you. Don't ask other people to tell you what do you find comfortable.
Topic Starter
Asp1rin

HK_ wrote:

Do what you think would be the most comfortable for you. Don't ask other people to tell you what do you find comfortable.

That's the reason why I made this topic because I find all of these styles comfortable, so I want to know opinion of community on this.
Anyway thanks for answer, gonna find my style soon <3
Deva
I would recommend full area and max resolution since that's the way I play. At first it will be hard to deal with long jumps and it will require some stamina but after some time it will feel like you have endless stamina.
Topic Starter
Asp1rin

HK_ wrote:

I would recommend full area and max resolution since that's the way I play. At first it will be hard to deal with long jumps and it will require some stamina but after some time it will feel like you have endless stamina.

Endless stamina *_* Sounds like a miracle :D
Deva
Well I do get tired after 2 minutes of consecutive full screen jumps but you wont find any ranked maps like that so you might as well consider it endless.

But you also must take into account that I play a lot of tiring maps.
Topic Starter
Asp1rin

HK_ wrote:

Well I do get tired after 2 minutes of consecutive full screen jumps but you wont find any ranked maps like that so you might as well consider it endless.

But you also must take into account that I play a lot of tiring maps.
Do not get RSI because of that, take care :3
Foxi
This is what I play with. I'm kind of weird because I play with my tablet in front of my keyboard. I avoided changing sensitivity by making my area smaller, which worked better for me.
It all boils down to finding out what you're the most effective at playing with. Mess around with your tablet in a few positions and find which one is the easiest.

Topic Starter
Asp1rin

InnocentEyes wrote:

I'm kind of weird because I play with my tablet in front of my keyboard.
You are not the only one who is weird here because I do play with my tablet in front of my keyboard aswell. Maybe it is because I'm lefty I do not know :D
Thank you for answer, I think I am getting closer to my perfect settings :)
Helyana
[self-deleted]
Snow901
I play using a portion that is one fourth of my tablet's full area - similar to the picture posted by InnocentEyes. I'd say figuring out what works well for you is the best way to go: I play with keyboard in lap, tablet on desk, and grip my pen a specific way that I've gotten comfortable with. It's going to take a while to figure out what works best for you if you are new to tablet; it took me a couple weeks to adjust.