forum

[Archived] Problem with using windowed mode.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Genjuro
Hello im trying to use windowed mode but disabling fullscreen and using a lower than my native resolution will put black bars.

on another note. how can i reduce ms in osu? im basicaly all for performance right now but i really want windowed mode
Dntm8kmeeatu
Disable letterboxing to fix the black bars issue.
Topic Starter
Genjuro

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Disable letterboxing to fix the black bars issue.
thats not what letterboxing does, it just stretches the screen. any other idea?
Lacrimosa

G0DIiK3 wrote:

thats not what letterboxing does, it just stretches the screen. any other idea?
Ποιό ακριβώς είναι το πρόβλημα τότε; Έτσι όπως το περιγράφεις στο αρχικό σου ποστ, μόνο το letterboxing το κάνει.
TheVileOne
Letterboxing is supported for both Windowed and fullscreen options. You shouldn't be experiencing stretching if you disable it and have the windowed option selected. There are minor differences between the two types of letterboxing, but fullscreen should be more performant than windowed + letterboxing, which is essentially borderless + letterboxing. If you want actual windowed, then make sure letterboxing is unchecked and you don't have borderless resolution set as the windowed resolution.

Playing without fullscreen will induce a hit in performance or just feel worse overall due to Windows using V-sync. You can disable it by changing to the Classic theme in Win 7, but you will have to deal with it in Win 8+ (I think there is a hack you can do to disable it in these versions, but it's a lot more involved and may break other functions of the desktop at the same time).