forum

Should I learn to play HR or DT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BurnedTacoSauce
I've recently got into the habit of playing every low bpm map with DT, which gives a nice amount of pp, but with HR, it takes a while to play as I only play AR 7-9 maps. So what should I play more? Finger Smashing or High AR?
Sayorie
4* nomod
aeeiku
Don't worry about HR right now, keep playing nomod stuff that is hard for you. This game is all about reading and accuracy, not the AR... Make sure you are able to read a lot of things first
Deva
Git gud at No mod.
LoliPantsu
i think you should try learning flashlight
KupcaH

HK_ wrote:

Git gud at No mod.
StephOsu

KupcaH wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Git gud at EZHTHDFL.
ftfy
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Git gud at EZHTHDFL.
ftfy
ok dad

N0thingSpecial
You gotta play CS:GO to improve your aim and reaction time to git gud at DT and HR
Xyrus_old_1
Adding DT to low BPM maps will ruin your reading, playing HR without being able to FC 5.5* nomod maps will ruin your reading, improving at nomod will help you improve overall.

The choice is yours.
Sayorie

Xyrus wrote:

Adding DT to low BPM maps will ruin your reading, playing HR without being able to FC 5.5* nomod maps will ruin your reading, improving at nomod will help you improve overall.

The choice is yours.
Playing AR 8 will make you good at reading AR 8
Playing AR 7 will make you good at reading AR 7

[quote="Maybe you'll say:":1337]But reading is not all about AR!?Playing certain patterns will make you good at reading those patterns. It's that simple.

I know that lots of those hard-to-read patters are only playable in nomod, but I still struggle to see how playing DT/HR will hurt your reading. Of course, playing only DT or HR is unhealthy, so what I'm asking is that—would playing DT/HR hurt your reading, despite also playing nomod? Or, you might want to specify your case to: he solely plays DT/HR.
KanoSet

LoliPantsu wrote:

i think you should try learning flashlight
i second this
timemon
yes
Xyrus_old_1

Arthraxium wrote:

I know that lots of those hard-to-read patters are only playable in nomod, but I still struggle to see how playing DT/HR will hurt your reading. Of course, playing only DT or HR is unhealthy, so what I'm asking is that—would playing DT/HR hurt your reading, despite also playing nomod? Or, you might want to specify your case to: he solely plays DT/HR.
True, if he doesn't play too much DT/HR he'll probably be fine, but playing either of those mods too much can cause you to lean towards whackamoling rather than reading. You don't have to solely play DT/HR for this to happen.
chainpullz

Xyrus wrote:

The choice is yours.
Excuse me but I did both of those before I could fc 5.5* maps and I turned out just fine. Please stop copy paste spreading this bullshit.
Deva
Self proclaimed good players. Made me laugh for 2 seconds, I stopped because its stupid.

Play too much DT and you wont learn more complex patterns.
You need good acc and consistency to play HR so you will only pick up bad habits from playing too early.

And no you wont ruin your reading. You cant ruin something that you dont have.
_handholding

Xyrus wrote:

playing HR without being able to FC 5.5* nomod maps will ruin your reading
LMAO

no.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also most ppl find DT more fun cos gotta go fast
Yuudachi-kun
Ruining your reading is just a myth for people who only spend 10 minutes trying a lower ar.
Deva

Khelly wrote:

Ruining your reading is just a myth for people who only spend 10 minutes trying a lower ar.

HK_ wrote:

You cant ruin something that you dont have.
Xyrus_old_1

Kisses wrote:

Xyrus wrote:

playing HR without being able to FC 5.5* nomod maps will ruin your reading
LMAO

no.
I meant 3.5* ._\
7ambda
Just learn AR11.
chainpullz

HK_ wrote:

Self proclaimed good players. Made me laugh for 2 seconds, I stopped because its stupid.

Play too much DT and you wont learn more complex patterns.
You need good acc and consistency to play HR so you will only pick up bad habits from playing too early.

And no you wont ruin your reading. You cant ruin something that you dont have.
Please tell me how I don't have reading. Better yet, please just stop posting. Every post you make on this forum is just digging yourself a bigger hole.
Deva
I just fail to understand why you care so much? This is the fucking internet, get over it or get out.
chainpullz

HK_ wrote:

I just fail to understand why you care so much? This is the fucking internet, get over it or get out.
Nice defense... :? :? :?
Deva
Its not a defense. I don't see a need to defend from you.
_handholding
Can't play AR 11 without DT

just saying
7ambda

Kisses wrote:

Can't play AR 11 without DT

just saying
That's why do both.
-Makishima S-
Learn how to nomod....
Topic Starter
BurnedTacoSauce

Xyrus wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

True, if he doesn't play too much DT/HR he'll probably be fine, but playing either of those mods too much can cause you to lean towards whackamoling rather than reading. You don't have to solely play DT/HR for this to happen.

I fully agree with this, but I think I'll learn the ways of Rafis
Topic Starter
BurnedTacoSauce

[Taiga] wrote:

Learn how to nomod....

I already know how to nomod, I just thought DT can gimme PP (dat rhymes tho)
Deva
>I already know how to nomod
>Doesnt even have 100pp no mod score
>Yeah
show more