forum

[Archived] Will i lose my full alternation if i learn single tap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Problem Details:

So my accuracy is terrible sitting at around 85% and most of FC's are C's. So a friend recommended that I switch to single tapping as it will increase my accuracy and UR. I know this is true because I used to single tap and i switched due to my single tapping speed being terrible. I also dropped 10% in avg accuracy haha xD. So what i wanna know is if my full alternation will go away or will it get worse if i learn single tapping? Worded weird but idk how to make it sound right -.-

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

heres my rank and the stats be redy to see cancer xD https://osu.ppy.sh/u/domo3311
osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Bara-
You shouldn't worry about that if you can just C-rank Insanes
The speed required for those is still rather low

Anyways, you won't lose it. Whenever I play 180-220 BPM maps, I single tap all the time (except streams ofc)
When I put DT on those insane (for approx 300 BPM) I alternate everything (except sliders)
Lacrimosa
Learning to single tap will help you in the future, and it's 100% recommended. Single tap can help you get faster, stream higher bpm etc.

Also, as Bara said correctly, you won't lose/forget your "altarnate skils" , you will just gain speed, which will result in single tapping bpm or patterns you would normally alternate. However, most players are having a hard time aiming fast jumps while single tapping high bpm. Don't you worry about that, it's just a matter of practice. Keep playing and you will eventually get used to it.