posted
Total Posts
show more
Endaris
You're an alternating player?
Aktsumi
This is going to be the first helpful advice on this thread so listen up

I'm not the smoothest talker but you get what your going to get
Chances are you are just mashing the keyboard, Your not following a rhythm.
If you know music theory you'll know that most stream practice maps are in 4/4 time this means that each note in a beat receives 4 pulses
the trick is to listen for the beat so for each beat your pressing 4 times in total. you know what I'm saying?
Topic Starter
Fex

Endaris wrote:

You're an alternating player?
Hybrid.
Topic Starter
Fex

HK_ wrote:

Play more.
Appreciate it for the constructive answer.
Topic Starter
Fex

Aktsumi wrote:

If you know music theory you'll know that most stream practice maps are in 4/4 time this means that each note in a beat receives 4 pulses
the trick is to listen for the beat so for each beat your pressing 4 times in total. you know what I'm saying?
Pardon me, but I said "smashing" (^: also, if you did not realize, I included "In all seriousness" as in I was just joking around to begin with.
The issue does not lay in me not listening to the rhythm.
Endaris
Hm, okay.
It's not unusual for alternating players to have crap stamina even though I don't quite believe that you have no technique at all.
Do you have a problem with bursts (up to 8 notes)?
Or is it just the longer stuff?
After you warmed up, go and post your scores on
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/306038&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/80914&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/83354&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/181253&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/87580&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/298880&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/158309&m=0
That way we can get an impression of where you have problems.
StephOsu
having red doesn't make your streaming ability worse
in fact according to various sources which im lazy to dig them out they said that red is really good for streaming because it requires lesser force to tap it and thus saving more stamina
for stamina and streaming control, any typical "stream practice maps" works well because they are deathstream with minimum requirement of aim element to play. Start off with low bpm and work your way up
If you want to practice on streaming aim along with stamina and streaming control then short burst is probably good for your first step
PinkNightmares

Fex wrote:

First of, I want to say, my streaming abilities belong to a fucking 200k player who can barely stream at all, I cannot even do 160BPM properly without smashing my keyboard in rage.

In all seriousness, I don't know how to improve my streaming abilities, probably cause I am using reds, but Idfk. Help is appreciated. Also, fun fact: I cannot stream.
How do you expect to stream when you only play generic jump maps?
Yolshka

Fex wrote:

I cannot even do 160BPM properly without smashing my keyboard in rage.
I'd be really happy if i could just stream 160 bpm whenever i feel like . it IS hard :(
btw how long does it take you to warm up? for triples i guess.
i start on ~120bpm , my fingers kinda derp, taking so long :(
stalkyh
Dude probably biggest reason your stamina sucks is you play only Tv sized farm jump maps. What you should do is to play more long maps and especially streamy ones. You also could start playing DT but well, it's probably not that good idea if you cant even stream 160bpm. Play maps that is giving you a "burn" feeling to hand (not pain) Don't completely forget practicing slow streams once you get faster..

t/99612
Read that streaming section, it will help you
Aktsumi

Fex wrote:

Aktsumi wrote:

Pardon me, but I said "smashing" (^: also, if you did not realize, I included "In all seriousness" as in I was just joking around to begin with.
The issue does not lay in me not listening to the rhythm.
uhh no, if you can't stream, and your still pressing the keys, it means your mashing
Deva

Yolshka wrote:

Dont make the same mistake as Baru. Make 160 your minimum. What you are doing is like preparing to run a marathon by running 1km every day, it simply wont work.

Fex wrote:

No seriously, Play the fuck more.

Only reason why someone can be too slow and/or lack stamina is not playing enough.
KupcaH
You obtain stamina and streaming control by playing more. To be able to stream, you need to play streamy maps, not TV-size jump farm maps. Start from short bursts, and build your way to deathstreams... By playing the fuck more.
Xyrus_old_1
Risa
Literally
Just

P
L
A
Y
M
O
R
E
Topic Starter
Fex

HK_ wrote:

Yolshka wrote:

Dont make the same mistake as Baru. Make 160 your minimum. What you are doing is like preparing to run a marathon by running 1km every day, it simply wont work.

Fex wrote:

Only reason why someone can be too slow and/or lack stamina is not playing enough.
I am fast in terms of bursting, but streams are too hard for me to mainting control.
Topic Starter
Fex

B1oody wrote:

Fex wrote:

First of, I want to say, my streaming abilities belong to a fucking 200k player who can barely stream at all, I cannot even do 160BPM properly without smashing my keyboard in rage.

In all seriousness, I don't know how to improve my streaming abilities, probably cause I am using reds, but Idfk. Help is appreciated. Also, fun fact: I cannot stream.
How do you expect to stream when you only play generic jump maps?
If you only knew what I am trying to work on.
Topic Starter
Fex

stalkyh wrote:

Dude probably biggest reason your stamina sucks is you play only Tv sized farm jump maps. What you should do is to play more long maps and especially streamy ones. You also could start playing DT but well, it's probably not that good idea if you cant even stream 160bpm. Play maps that is giving you a "burn" feeling to hand (not pain) Don't completely forget practicing slow streams once you get faster..

t/99612
Read that streaming section, it will help you
I tend to stay away from TV Size maps unless I find them interesting to play, which I usually play on DT (AR9)
Topic Starter
Fex

StephOsu wrote:

having red doesn't make your streaming ability worse
in fact according to various sources which im lazy to dig them out they said that red is really good for streaming because it requires lesser force to tap it and thus saving more stamina
for stamina and streaming control, any typical "stream practice maps" works well because they are deathstream with minimum requirement of aim element to play. Start off with low bpm and work your way up
If you want to practice on streaming aim along with stamina and streaming control then short burst is probably good for your first step
I find myself good at bursting, what I mean by red is that I lack a lot of control due to the amount of force I have to put in, in order to make it register. I think I'd be better off with blacks.
Topic Starter
Fex

HK_ wrote:

Yolshka wrote:

Fex wrote:

I doubt you're a stream player, so no wonder you cannot give me an advice except for "play more" , I have played this game long enough to know that playing more without getting advices will not make me any better.
Outline
Play Ice Angel, Everything Will Freeze, Blue Zenith, Freedom Dive, Road of Resistance. Use NF if you need it, do not stop once you finish one go straight to the next. Kill your fingers until they're godly.
Deva

Fex wrote:

I doubt you're a stream player, so no wonder you cannot give me an advice except for "play more" , I have played this game long enough to know that playing more without getting advices will not make me any better.
Play more stream maps. Happy now?

If you ask for help that means you don't know shit. If you don't know shit don't act like you do.

Outline wrote:

Play Ice Angel, Everything Will Freeze, Blue Zenith, Freedom Dive, Road of Resistance. Use NF if you need it, do not stop once you finish one go straight to the next. Kill your fingers until they're godly.
But what if my wrist starts hurting so much that I want to kill myself? Do I just play Image material then?
Outline

HK_ wrote:

But what if my wrist starts hurting so much that I want to kill myself? Do I just play Image material then?

When your wrist hurts is when your aim gets good
Deva

Outline wrote:

HK_ wrote:

When your wrist hurts is when your aim gets good
So what should I play then?
Topic Starter
Fex

HK_ wrote:

Fex wrote:

Play more stream maps. Happy now?

If you ask for help that means you don't know shit. If you don't know shit don't act like you do.

Outline wrote:

You're not helping out with the issue.
Deva
Literally.
Play.
The.
Fuck.
More.
Yuudachi-kun
How to stream stamina
Clem
You just have to stop trying. It might not make much sense but when I focus on improving I usually have even more trouble doing so. Just play alot of high bpm beatmaps from your favorite mappers.You should also make sure you have alot of different ones. What's your beatmap count? You need more than a few dozen of these type of maps.

Just make sure you don't spam maps that are over your level like freedom dive and blue zenith. I do so, but not to improve, just for fun. You won't get good by trying to deathstream 50bpm above your average streamed bpm.
Topic Starter
Fex

Clem wrote:

You just have to stop trying. It might not make much sense but when I focus on improving I usually have even more trouble doing so. Just play alot of high bpm beatmaps from your favorite mappers.You should also make sure you have alot of different ones. What's your beatmap count? You need more than a few dozen of these type of maps.

Just make sure you don't spam maps that are over your level like freedom dive and blue zenith. I do so, but not to improve, just for fun. You won't get good by trying to deathstream 50bpm above your average streamed bpm.
Appreciate the help fam. The issue lays in my middle or index finger not being able to continue any further, which is where I tend to be desperate to solve it. I guess I lack finger control althoug I've tried alternating for quite a while before deciding to do both.
N0thingSpecial
Let me take a wild guess, is that said 160bpm map is ice angel?
Endaris
mfw he answered twice to the same post by HK but not to mine.
based god lil b
heres how u do it:
press x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then
Deva

based god lil b wrote:

heres how u do it:
press x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then x then z then
You forgot to say that he should do it fast
Xyrus_old_1

Endaris wrote:

mfw he answered twice to the same post by HK but not to mine.
I even bloodcat'd the link for him :(