1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
i would very much like it if rsi keep being a tag used for stream heavy maps and tecnical stream maps as i find half my maps true this tag.
EDIT: irrelevant cuz all maps with rsi tag has "deathstream" or "stream" as tags to.
posted
personal opinion, I prefer deathstream rather than rsi, I remember when I multiplayer with 200k rank player play Hommarju feat. R.Cena - Chousai Kenbo Sengen [Insane] they said "omg my hand hurt, I get rsi after play this map, I can't feel my hand.. omg omg omg etc."

rsi seems too general and ambiguous, 200k rank player or lower can get "rsi" instantly after play 5 stars/6 stars map continuously without stopping
so, I think deathstream is the best to describe how BEAST this beatmap, no need rsi tag
posted

AncuL wrote:

marshallracer wrote:

I see no connection between rsi and artist, song, album and/or mapper.
but like, there's a connection between rsi and the map
As marshallracer said, there definitely isn't. If you look at how you get rsi, it just makes no sense.
The thing is, you don't even really get it just out of overstressing your fingers. You have to do the same things over months or rather years very often.
And no it's not "Tenosynovitis" (wikipedia, if you don't know the meaning). I just noticed, that this gets often confused with rsi.

Nevertheless I think that the players know, what they will encounter in the map when reading this tag, so it's not really misleading in this sense
(but definitely, if people assume they could get rsi by playing one map again and again).
posted
don't find reason to make a map that you hate going to disqualify
posted

Enon wrote:

don't find reason to make a map that you hate going to disqualify

Blue Dragon wrote:

just a quick reminder that tags can be changed without a DQ so finding wrong things there will not take the map down
posted

marshallracer wrote:

Mazzerin wrote:

why are you so salty Bakari once suggested and 'allowed' me to use it, ever since then I've been using it on any of my high bpm maps with lots of 1/2 and 1/4 in a row successfully
I listed my reasons why I am so salty about it
Even if Bakari "allowed" you to use it and you've used it several times already, it's still an incorrect usage of a tag
If "lots of 1/2 and 1/4" are the only requirement for a map to have rsi as a tag, then maybe I'd suggest to everyone who makes a map with streams, no matter the BPM or speed of those as long as they are 1/2 or 1/4, to put rsi in their tags
why do you exclude the high bpm part from your if
posted

Mazzerin wrote:

why do you exclude the high bpm part from your if
I'll have to admit I overread that and I'm sorry about it
Regardless of that, it would come down to what you and what others define as high BPM (playwise)
It could even go as low as roughly 200BPM which may be quite a lot for a few people to play - add lots of 1/2 and 1/4 and inexperienced players could still meme (or rather joke about) "oh hell this is so tough I just got RSI"
It would really allow - regarding everyones own interpretation - a lot of people to add RSI to the tags of their maps, even if you wouldn't agree with it.
So why bother discussing about when a tag is acceptable or not when you could just leave it out alltogether as - for many previously mentioned reasons - it wouldn't fit to the map at all
posted
t/480335

If you think this is necessary to be a guideline or even as rule, please follow the thread I've linked. Talking about a general issue - because this is not a map-related issue - won't really help here.

To summarize: It's more than bullshit to add these sort of tags but current phrase applies in this case:

"It's not against the rule, it's not misleading. So it's no problem."

Therefore, the tag can stay until a rule/guideline is added to prevent this.
posted
Well then, I rest my case.

Congratulations on getting this approved :D
posted
8-)

posted
To be honest the map is structurally okay mostly but it has some readability issues in transitions from streams to jumps in the hard solo part. Especially this one: 03:25:926 (4,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - there are just so many overlaps and spacing changes...
posted

AncuL wrote:

marshallracer wrote:

I see no connection between rsi and artist, song, album and/or mapper.
well people in the song select can search up "rsi" to find songs that might give them rsi, signifying the intense mapping. so, yoou could easily define this map as an rsi map, giving it purpose in the tags :^)

I just realized that this problem had already been solved, maybe i should read the posts before making a post. fml
posted

blahpy wrote:

readability issues
Do you mean by issues that you just personally cant read that part? Its not an issue If its just something you personally have trouble with. Have you thought of the chance of it not being meant to be easy to read?
posted

Reddit wrote:

blahpy wrote:

readability issues
Do you mean by issues that you just personally cant read that part? Its not an issue If its just something you personally have trouble with. Have you thought of the chance of it not being meant to be easy to read?
No, I mean that it's objectively hard to read. In the same way that, say, an old skystar map is hard to read. Being able to read it because you've watched that specific pattern in the editor 50 times on 25% doesn't count.
posted

blahpy wrote:

No, I mean that it's objectively hard to read. In the same way that, say, an old skystar map is hard to read. Being able to read it because you've watched that specific pattern in the editor 50 times on 25% doesn't count.
On my sightread play, I read that properly and had no issues with it?
posted
well if you say so then i can't argue i guess
posted
here comes that approval
o shit waddup
posted
oh man cant wait!!! refreshing the side like to times every minute while spectating hvick
posted
I realize these won't be changed, but I still found them odd enough to address:

1. Why use six different SV values?
2. 04:00:137 (1) - How come you didn't put a spinner here instead. Musically, it actually makes more sense.
3. Isn't the HP a little too high? I mean, no one appears to have passed nomod, and at the very least, that should be able to be done.
posted

[ Eon Fox ] wrote:

I realize these won't be changed, but I still found them odd enough to address:

1. Why use six different SV values?
2. 04:00:137 (1) - How come you didn't put a spinner here instead. Musically, it actually makes more sense.
1. Probably hitsound changes to emphasize different instruments.
2. A spinner wouldn't emphasize the sharp bpm change. 260 -> 178 is a big difference; the slider works better because you have to snap to it quickly, which emphasizes that suddenness.
show more
Please sign in to reply.