posted
Total Posts
show more
Cerulean Veyron
You've got to be kidding lud xDDDDDDDDD oh vw /me checks self privilege

gratz btw lmao
Mismagius
jk
Finally done with that piece of worthless junk. Crap, Mazzerin, when you started making things like Those whom from the Heavens came and The Deceit/The Violation, I actually started getting my hopes up that you were finally going to break out of your terrible Vektor and Apparition stage and start cranking out truly admirable maps. Even though Swamphell raised a red flag or two, I still had high hopes.

here comes the DQ squad

gratz!
riktoi

Blue Dragon wrote:

jk
Finally done with that piece of worthless junk. Crap, Mazzerin, when you started making things like Those whom from the Heavens came and The Deceit/The Violation, I actually started getting my hopes up that you were finally going to break out of your terrible Vektor and Apparition stage and start cranking out truly admirable maps. Even though Swamphell raised a red flag or two, I still had high hopes.
lol

gratz mazzerin
Ideal
holy you did it

gg mazzerin
headphonewearer
oh my god
Foxy Grandpa
smh another pp farm anime opening
squirrelpascals

FoxyGrandpa wrote:

anime opening
What kind of anime do you watch wtf
_DT3
What the actual
Sieg

Mapper wrote:

oh my god
Fezu
-snip-
Stefan
Since this hasn't degenerated yet, I leave a small warning, for the unaware users:

If you decide to shitpost, count with a silence.
AleksandrsCaks
dude, is this even rankable?
ConsumerOfBean
congratulations!
sorry if it's been brought up before but i really don't see the point of the kiai flashes at 01:44:567 - , i feel like there's just too many at once and it looks kinda weird because the 4th one goes into the slow section right after
i'd just remove the 2nd and 4th tbh

not a major problem tho :P i like the map
I Must Decrease

KabbaRam wrote:

dude, is this even rankable?

dat aim spike (tho srsly, pp doesnt matter, what matters is the quality of the map)
Rapthorn
lol people are actually complaining about the difference in star rating instead of discussing the difference in actual difficulty

Its been confirmed multiple times that the star system is utter garbage when it comes to technical stuff and high bpm streams. If you guys actually took some time out of your day to check the replays of people who played the map you would see that pretty much everyone struggles more on the 260 bpm streams than they do on the jumps.

Star rating is completely irrelevant here, look at the difference in actual difficulty and if you still come to the conclusion that the jumps are overdone feel free to post
Irreversible
Isn't this like, very heavily overmapped at points. 03:23:214 - For example here I definitely don't hear one full stream lol.
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Irreversible wrote:

Isn't this like, very heavily overmapped at points. 03:23:214 - For example here I definitely don't hear one full stream lol.
p/5483250
it's 1/6 doubles or just 1/4s with 3~ 1/3s in the end in the recording, making 1/6 doubles wouldn't work out
hoozimajiget

Irreversible wrote:

The stream is referencing the sweep arpeggios the guitar is playing at that point ending at 03:26:445. It may not sound like a full stream because there is a mixture of 16th and triplet 16th notes making up the arpeggio while it is mapped in 16ths
Sekuria
Honestly watching this map be played and listening to it very closely. Its honestly a perfect work of art. I mean some spots in the map could be editted to be a bit more Player friendly but overall i think it fits the song perfectly.
Yauxo
Once we get through all of the "omfg 9* wtf", here's m opinion just by looking at it via some browser plugin (forgot the name).

The map generally seems to be perfectly reasonable, besides most of the fullscreen Kickslider Jumps and some spaced Stream transition in the early last third of the song. Im glad that you didnt went ham on the "slower/more quiet" parts.

- The Kicksliders really just seem to be there to mess one up or to "justify the difficulty" while they dont need to be that spaced. In the early third, you used the spacing on them well so that they seem to fit in with (most maybe less most) of the general spacing in these parts. The left side right side left side right sides later on on the other hand just make you throw your cursor and hope that you hit. Intensity here, intensity there, I dont put x5.0 SV on dubstep heavy maps either :c I wish they were spaced less.
- That one Stream transition Im talking about is where it get's into a really spaced C pattern and the next object tries to fit in in C's cave (the inside). The problem with that is that you really have to force yourself to slow down and try to move in an oddly shaped flipped 'z' movement (I dont think that I'll need to tell you shit about these kinds of stuffs, but really, there are many other, more enjoyable ways to do that transition).

Ive seen the explanation, yes, still wanted to post input
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Wivaiien wrote:

Once we get through all of the "omfg 9* wtf", here's m opinion just by looking at it via some browser plugin (forgot the name).

The map generally seems to be perfectly reasonable, besides most of the fullscreen Kickslider Jumps and some spaced Stream transition in the early last third of the song. Im glad that you didnt went ham on the "slower/more quiet" parts.

- The Kicksliders really just seem to be there to mess one up or to "justify the difficulty" while they dont need to be that spaced. In the early third, you used the spacing on them well so that they seem to fit in with (most maybe less most) of the general spacing in these parts. The left side right side left side right sides later on on the other hand just make you throw your cursor and hope that you hit. Intensity here, intensity there, I dont put x5.0 SV on dubstep heavy maps either :c I wish they were spaced less.
- That one Stream transition Im talking about is where it get's into a really spaced C pattern and the next object tries to fit in in C's cave (the inside). The problem with that is that you really have to force yourself to slow down and try to move in an oddly shaped flipped 'z' movement (I dont think that I'll need to tell you shit about these kinds of stuffs, but really, there are many other, more enjoyable ways to do that transition).

Ive seen the explanation, yes, still wanted to post input
Your first point literally says "they're hard for me, I have to throw my cursor around and hope I hit them, wish it was spaced less" and something about that part not having the need to be that spaced (which I already explained - this is a top difficulty, and it's not even the most spaced it could be (what's up quaver) while it's the most intense part. Also mentioned why it would be dumb to nerf exactly the kick sliders or anything around them, I feel like I reached a consensus with enough people I value opinions of from both playability and mapping standpoints). It's been discussed and nerfed many times to the wishes of at least 5 players and an even larger amount of experienced mappers.

Second point I'm pretty sure you're talking about the stream in the 2nd solo with NC every note. There is really no flipped Z movement, there's only a quick line turn because the stream you transition in isn't even spaced, and non spaced streams at such a bpm work in a way that let's you move your cursor quite freely - meaning there's no tension in your aiming hand or any quick snaps that would feel uncomfortable. Similar effect happens on spaced streams as well, except that it factors in reading much more, but your aiming motion stays the same, meaning that the only 'uncomfortable' part about that transition is the jump between the streams, which is what was actually meant to be emphasized in the first place.
xDololow
Love Mazzerin <3<3<3<3
Yauxo
It is a Z though and it feels really easy to overshoot. It also doesnt sound like much of a change is happening here - it's more of a continuation of the previous stream, maybe a "release" fits better. Something in this direction wouldve been pretty good imo.

And yes, ofcourse they are hard for me, but Im trying to look at it from a mappers perspective. I really feel like these combos would be just as good if they had patterns/spacing like 02:25:691 (1,2,1,2) - kinds of patterns (since the increased bpm already adds more difficulty to it) - or if you really want to keep the full screens, why not like http://puu.sh/rvPx6/a60d9411d9.jpg . Music also goes kind of "back and forth", so these would probably fit even more. (also, shouldnt these start on 03:28:637 (1) - ?)

Edit: Im just naziing my opinion on things, take it the way you want
Lunicia
i ducking love this map
I Must Decrease

Xendogenesis wrote:

i ducking love this map

i like watching centipede too :^)

In all seriousness, I like the map but i feel like it's just excessive how much the solo increases the difficulty of this map.

I would like for people to seriously atleast consider the transition between 03:00:073 (1) - and 03:15:830 (1) - .

It's obvious that the later has a bit more uniqueness and intensity to it, but is this unbelievably impossible mapping really necessary? It's not enjoyable for anyone to play this map and then be hit with arguably a wall of unplayability. (sure its possible to play this but I'm just being realistic).

It honestly just feels like its trying to be AS HARD AS PHYSICALLY possible for the sake of being it. Almost no one can play it, no one can enjoy it, so why do it?

Instances of overmapping
03:23:271 (2) -
03:23:387 (4) -
03:23:503 (2) -
03:25:579 (2) -
03:25:926 (4) -
03:26:387 (3) -

ETC.

feels like forced difficulty to me :(
eh - - -
This is the first Mazzerin map that is pointless enough to be in qualify state as of now.

Overall maps from first time mappers appeal more then what has been shown here.

Couple of obvious wrong things:

-Map up to 1200 combo is outragously boring (till 2 min 20 gametime) basicly 30 % of the begin on the map.
Not even the short part at 800 combo was sufficent enough to call it mapped

-Most mapped parts are a copy pasta fest he must have googled symetry or something but didnt take a test in it yet the result is clearly visible.

-At some point in the map he decided he wants it to be Mazzerin TV size pp jumps adding sliders wich are pointless to begin with, your not going to miss at that level from it being a slider , and the sliders itself dont add anything to begin with

-The ending was a combination of Sentimental Scyscrapper jumps and a potato version of the 2010 mapped Basara , heres a link for people not knowing it https://osu.ppy.sh/s/13019

In its current state the map is not worth peoples time to even consinder them modding , as over 85 % of the map is needing to be restructured.
I Must Decrease
... i think thats a bit harsh but okay
dytedy
03:29:445 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - ?????????????????????????
Nathan
grats
Battle
normal-hitfinish6 really doesn't fit this song tbh lmao
Ameth Rianno
y e s

osu needs more 7+ stars
Natsu
03:28:753 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - just to up it to 9 stars I suppose, on a serious note, I don't think this huge difficulty spikes should be allowed, you can argue that you feel the music is stronger than other parts, but I don't that justify 12,0 10,0 jumps.

also can you explain me what's the point of making maps that no one can play? I mean, anyone can take songs like this and make 9 stars maps, but I think people don't because no one can enjoy them (without NF or HT), there is a point when maps become physically impossible and they shouldn't be ranked IMO.

About the big difficulty spike what's the point of have it? make your map 9 stars? make it super hard?, if they fit the music or not is subjective, since alot of people would argue they do (personally I don't think they do), but we should take in consideration the playability of the map, having them make the map less enjoyable, I believe you are a decent mapper who can represent the song without the need of those jumps.

There are alot of linear movements 03:25:060 (1,2,3,1) - that don't play good at normal bpms and I guess they are worst at this high bpm, alot of overmapped objects as Xexxar pointed.

Anyways if this get ranked with that difficulty spike, we shouldn't complain at any other as well, since this one is beyond to any other difficulty spike.
Doyak
I wonder who the target players of this map are. Maybe some of high-ranked players like playing excessive maps they can hardly pass, but we won't call them as 'target players', just like an Insane diff cannot have newbies as target players only because some of them like to struggle to pass it.
I Must Decrease
to add to natsu's point. This map is the equivalent of if I took my old map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/334050 and mapped 04:54:736 (1) - as entirely streams because "the song justified it"
SnowNiNo_
10* when :<?
Gratz btw xd
mithew
this map is so fun! especially the high bpm part (fast is my specialty :P). may be hard but still feels great to play! especially since it represents the music so well 8-)
Monstrata
This map actually received extensive testplaying from top players before being pushed forward. Just going through the first 3-4 pages, many of the mods were made by players in the top 100. When you map, you rarely consider a "target audience" anyways. Whenever you consider a "target audience" in mapping, it will always be for lower difficulties, such as spinner recovery time on Easy/Normal, or rhythm density, or too many streams on a Hard, etc...

Spacing is very subjective. Will moving a jump 1 pixel closer make it more acceptable to you? How about 2 pixels closer? How about 3? 4? etc... You see, everyone will see "excessive" spacing differently, and everyone will have different opinions towards what's too emphasized, and what they'd consider acceptable. If the star rating system were different, and there wasn't as big of an SR spike, I don't think we'd be as critical about the pattern. Star rating is extremely biased towards high-bpm jumps by the way. The system is set up to slice maps into chunks which I think are 500 ms. They then rate each individual 500 ms based on difficulty. The higher the bpm, the more objects you can fit into any one of these windows. The reason this is unfair is because more objects also contribute to more difficulty, as the rating system has more objects it can add to the calculation. Basically, if you fit 3 objects into a 500 ms window, and then fit 6 objects into a 500 ms window, the 6 object pattern will be more than twice as difficult as the 3 object pattern.

Comparison:
This is 1.37 stars
This is 0.62 stars
You can try this with a variety of other patterns, the result will favor a higher density per-500ms pattern.
Natsu
There is a point where the spacing is subjective yes, but once you started to spam cross screen jumps that's going too far, specially a high bpm, we are not discussing the star rating, Monstrata, but the huge spike there, Is totally unnecessary to have these jumps.
Monstrata we are not talking about moving things 1 pixel, we are talking about moving things to the point that they fit the rest of the difficulty of this map. Yes difficulty spikes are fine, but the one at this map is just exaggerated and unnecessary.
hohol454
It's really unfair to compare difficulty spike in the fast part of the map to the slow part. You don't do that for song compilations and it shouldn't be done here. The jumps, when put in the context of only the rest of the solo, are completely fine. The stream sections at 03:23:214 - 03:25:926 - and 03:50:791 - 03:52:464 - are arguably as hard as the jumps anyway. Star rating is completely useless when comparing jumps to streams or technical patterns
Lefafel
@Natsu this is literally in the god damn map description: p/5515182

What more could you possibly want mazzerin to explain?
show more