hope it's fine now, #1
Can't wait to see this qualified.
The rest of us are not. Be gentle.
Azer wrote:I'm ready for this
i must agree with this
felys wrote:imo the bg should be changed, it's from another series (kancolle) which doesn't have any connection with the song itself. It's like putting a SAO bg on a Ryu* song
finding an original (non-series related) background for an original song would be the best option imo
it's probably because you're used to the other United, but ar9 on this kind of map is totally fine imo
Stjpa wrote:Other than the BG thingy I'd like to have a higher AR because the streams look so weird with such a such a high density.
felys wrote:Since you completely ignored the bg issue and didn't answer me after two days, I'm going to point out other major problems points, hoping I get actually noticed and don't just get ignored because this map is bubbled and "has the quality to get ranked" (lmao).
i did not ignore the bg problem, i've replied back like some replies ago. well, hope my words can help you understand instead of some words like lmao
- The tags, " i19 koa%wer koapower stream".
First word is the name of one of the five girls in the bg. First of all, tags shouldn't be used for name of the girls in an irrelevant bg that is also highly recommended to change, but also, why did you put only one name out of five? This doesn't make sense, the ranking criteria is not made for putting random bgs and for using tags only about the preferred girls.
Why are "koa%wer koapower" in the tags? that's words you used for other graveyard maps right? then those doesn't make sense here. Last people I remember using this kind of thing was GoldenWolf with "woof" but he had to remove it after Kanjou no Matenrou ~ World's End.
"stream", heh, really? People never tags maps going for ranked with "jump", "stream" or, idk "a lot of triplets", there's no point in keeping that.
- you're totally missing out the actually important tags like dnb/drum and bass.
i've read ranking criteria, and sadly i've not found any guildlines of tags besides gd tags. if my way of searching this map is actually not the way tag works i will remove it. tbh i've never type any keywords like drum and bass or vocaloid to find songs. i use like certain diff name (koa%wer) or mapper to find those series of maps
- I guess left-low corner didn't need any attention is this a problem?
- 01:00:945 (1) - what's the point of shapes like this? they look ugly, forced, red dots don't follow any point of the music and if they're changed in something more good-looking, playability of the map doesn't change. it is good looking to me tbh
- 01:16:030 (1) - same as ^ tbh ^ tbh
- 01:16:545 (3) - other forced shape ^
- 01:48:430 (8,2) - Unnecessary and bad looking overlap sorry this is not a problem
(oops missed )
- 02:32:488 (10,11,1) - what the hell lol please manually stack those with like 0.1/0.2 distance snap because yeah oh, didn't notice that
- 02:38:830 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - why not moving it so (5) stacks with 02:37:802 (9) - ? because unnecessary
- 02:45:516 (3,4,5) - this needs to get manually stacked too. ^
- 04:06:602 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5) - I guess you just got lazy to follow the rhythm? I don't understand well, borrow your words, "I guess you just got lazy to listen to the music?"
many of my thoughts are subjective, of course, if not subjective why should i even bother to type those out? (no one cares what mapper thinks anyway lol)
Togetic wrote:The reason why Highscore had a kantai bg was because the xkito video where the song was found used that same bg. Also, it fits Highscore better because kantai collection is a game and the term "Highscore" is from videogames. well if through this connection make sense, then my explanation make sense
I would still recommend changing the bg. The reasonings that you said only really contribute for the beginning of the song where the rain noises are. i mentioned that is because that's the unique part of the song to explain the bg, climax of the song can be explained as battles those girls encountered, too
Also, the girls in the bg don't say "united" or "team". It just looks like a generic anime background. girls in the bg definitely shows united, they are allies and stay in the same team, maybe you define 2D characters bg all anime i guess.
This may be subjective but I'm confident most people would agree with me. it is subjective, mine is subjective, too. but that is actually an explanation comes from, isn't it?
Not being able to find a more suitable bg seems more lazy than a proper excuse. It's okay to have some anime style bg, but this one just doesn't fit the song well at all. sadly i was telling you the truth, i've find many but no bgs match my satisfaction, you think it doesn't fit but i do feel it good, that's why i even use google translate to explain my thoughts to you guys.
Also, if many people mutually agree that the bg should be changed, then I think that's a sign to consider replacing this bg. For these reasons, I highly recommend to change the bg of this map. if you are aiming for a bg change, sure, but i have to find something better than current version and satisfy my expectation.
ironically no one mentioned bg choice before it get bubbled.Let me tell you why there was no outside attention for this set before it somehow got bubbled.