forum

Our Stolen Theory - United (L.A.O.S Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Karen
Koa%wer
  1. bg unrankable,要小于1366*768
  2. 现在不允许难度名跟mapper的id有关,而且现在这难度名看起来怪怪的,换了吧
  3. 00:31:802 (2,1) - 滑条尾和圈在音乐里听起来应该是挺重的 这里间距这么小不太合适
  4. 01:04:545 (7,8) - 距离这么大的逆flow不太好打吧
  5. 05:27:002 - whistle
  6. 其实最后那些vocal感觉用1/2慢滑条会更加合适一些
  7. 粗略看一下感觉没什么大问题,但是摆长串的时候我觉得可以根据音乐的变化把间距也变一下,从头到尾用一种间距不是很好,这次就不用管了 :>
就这样吧,改改再发我pm
Topic Starter
Koalazy

Karen wrote:

Koa%wer
  1. bg unrankable,要小于1366*768 修好了
  2. 现在不允许难度名跟mapper的id有关,而且现在这难度名看起来怪怪的,换了吧 我想先問問個意見..寫在PM裡發給你
  3. 00:31:802 (2,1) - 滑条尾和圈在音乐里听起来应该是挺重的 这里间距这么小不太合适 拉遠了些,原本這裡排列上有些收束的效果所以就沒擺太遠了
  4. 01:04:545 (7,8) - 距离这么大的逆flow不太好打吧 我自己重複換不同mod打了幾次,感覺還滿順的,保留
  5. 05:27:002 - whistle
  6. 其实最后那些vocal感觉用1/2慢滑条会更加合适一些 1/2也是不錯,先保留
  7. 粗略看一下感觉没什么大问题,但是摆长串的时候我觉得可以根据音乐的变化把间距也变一下,从头到尾用一种间距不是很好,这次就不用管了 :> 了解
就这样吧,改改再发我pm
謝謝,難度名稱那部分在PM裡問一下再處理
Karen
bubbled
Topic Starter
Koalazy
謝謝 :D
riffy
Hello, NeilPerry and I decided to give the map a look before it goes any further.

[General]
  1. The difficulty name is literally a meme from early 2015. It is no longer funny, nor popular. Besides, it has completely ruined the perception of the difficulty, as it turned it into a meme, rather than a serious map.
  2. Tags are missing keywords like dnb and drum and bass.
  3. Persoanlly, I disagree with your choice of the background. The intro clearly has rain sounds and the whole song is full of male vocals, that makes the BG appear pretty random when we think of it.
[NEVERGIVEUP]
  1. The overall structure of your map overuses jumps heavily, and also uses them pretty inconsistently, making them feel somewhat random. Please, note, this applies for the whole difficulty.
    Examples:
    1. 00:17:059 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:19:802 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:21:173 (1,2,3,4,5) - spacing values change within pretty much the same rhythm for no musical reason.
    2. 00:43:973 (8,9) - 00:42:602 (8,9) - the same point as above, the jumps are being inconsistent even within the same parts, when the song does not actually introduce any variety.
    3. 00:48:259 (8,1) - the strong finish hitsounds uses much lower spacing than the rest of the combo 00:48:773 (2,3,4) - that does not make much sense, if we take into consideration that (8) can be easily dropped off and (1) is a lot, a lot more intense than any other sound in the combo.
  2. The patterns used within the map are structured in a way that feels forced and unnatural. Just to give you a few examples,
    1. 00:46:545 (6,7) and 00:47:916 (6,7) - this is the first 1/4 patterns appear in the map with no proper introduction, no previous 1/4 streams showed any form of spacing progression and no 1/4 sliderjumps were used. This can be easily fixed by using a proper spacing progression, starting with less agressive jumps, eventually making them bigger as the song escalates later on.
    2. 01:22:888 (1,2,3,4) - strong 1/4 spacing in the first part of the combo finds no further development in the pattern, even though the vocals get a lot more intense on 01:23:230 (3,4,5) - making the whole pattern feel crumbled. Escalating the jumps later in the combo or reducing the 1/4 jumps would help.
    While we are at it, there're a couple more thiigs.
  3. 01:34:202 (5,6,7) - the curve usage here feels pretty random. Would highly recommend to keep sliders relatively similar throughout the song when they represent the same vocals/drums or any other instrument.
  4. 05:22:888 (1,2) - this would've worked a lot better as a stack, just like an 1/1 stack used in the first part of the song.
  5. 05:25:288 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - short kick sliders do not make much sense here, these could also work as 1/2 or 3/4 sliders giving the same somewhat forced feeling. If you really want to strress the fading sound 1/1 circles with gradually reducing spacing or a spinner could handle the task better.
We believe that the map could use more work in terms of structure. Hope this makes our concerns clear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Topic Starter
Koalazy

Bakari wrote:

Hello
hello, as I've discussed to you in-game

My conception in those "random spacings" are due to they are nothing just like same while playing, it's not a big deal if you play it by yourself. Also, it fits the song well
As emphasis part I do use larger spacings(which I think is nerfed enough while I was mapping), so it make sense to map this way.
Besides these, I mapped this map as an extra level map, I've enjoyed it, and I've asked ppl (some are better than me) to testplay it, so I believe it does worth it as a ranked map.
Slips
Why does the spacing of this stream increase as the pitch starts getting lower? 01:20:145 (1) - I think the spacing should decrease.
Also this background doesn't really fit at all, but that's up to you lol. And please, change the diff name...

No kd. Good luck with the map (:
riffy
Both the diffname and background were already mentioned by me. I have not recieved any feedback on these.
Namki
Honestly saying, I'm totally agree with Bakari.
Some patterns look really random and spacing changes make zero sense.
Some curve sliders don't make sense as well (for example 01:57:516 (2) - )
By the way, rhythm looks pretty neat for me.
And you should pay more attention on spacings.
Aden
Great map! :D
Testo
very good! :)
Topic Starter
Koalazy

Sliproads wrote:

Why does the spacing of this stream increase as the pitch starts getting lower? 01:20:145 (1) - I think the spacing should decrease.
Also this background doesn't really fit at all, but that's up to you lol. And please, change the diff name...

No kd. Good luck with the map (:
Listen to the music, it does have a sound become stronger gradually
I like this background, it gives me a deep feeling if I really have to say, and bg is not unrankable or even nsfw, there is no reason I should change it
About the diff name I will think about it, but keep it for now.

Namki wrote:

Honestly saying, I'm totally agree with Bakari.
Some patterns look really random and spacing changes make zero sense.
Some curve sliders don't make sense as well (for example 01:57:516 (2) - )
By the way, rhythm looks pretty neat for me.
And you should pay more attention on spacings.
I play my map to map, and adjust those to fit musics, maybe that is how it varies from "make sense mapping"
It make sense not even for playing but also musics to me
And about the curve slider it is basically the same as 01:57:173 (1) - with different visual feeling which I don't want to make patterns looking too boring.

Aden wrote:

Great map! :D
thank you :o

Testo wrote:

very good! :)
thanks!

Honestly I'm appreciated people are helping me to make this map better, but it just went differently through 2 groups of people imo.
Though we don't met the same point, thank you guys for your time.
Feb
02:24:688 - not the same has not the same electric sound as 02:24:602 - so the streams sounds wanky around here an example how it should have been is 02:09:516 (1) - here
02:15:259 - imo should be a note here to be consistent with the other occasions
03:40:373 (2) - there should be a note

imo there's alot of undermapping like mapping zero streams when there are clear streams in the music, mapping no 5 note streams when they are in the music and mapping triplets instead. I just picked a few of those undermapping things out. Undermapping is usually okay, but not for an Extra of this difficulty.

The spacings do not get higher in the stream sections which i find pretty weird as well considering the music is pretty intense at the end of the song.

btw. It just seems to me that you want to avoid poping the bubble at all cost.

Bakari wrote:

Both the diffname and background were already mentioned by me. I have not recieved any feedback on these.
I also find this statement and the mod made by Bakari reasonable.
Topic Starter
Koalazy

Feb wrote:

02:24:688 - not the same has not the same electric sound as 02:24:602 - so the streams sounds wanky around here an example how it should have been is 02:09:516 (1) - here
so have you heard 02:09:602 - a sound yet?
02:15:259 - imo should be a note here to be consistent with the other occasions for pattern, no, i fixed this and thought about this from previous mods, and some you think unnecessary i mapped streams some you think it does have 1/4s i don't put any notes. and that is because it plays much better and it does fit the music.
03:40:373 (2) - there should be a note why slider not allowed?

imo there's alot of undermapping like mapping zero streams when there are clear streams in the music, mapping no 5 note streams when they are in the music and mapping triplets instead. I just picked a few of those undermapping things out. Undermapping is usually okay, but not for an Extra of this difficulty.
for playing I made kiais much more simple, that is the most which you called undermapping stuffs i remember so far, and it is ok while playing it, it does fit itself

The spacings do not get higher in the stream sections which i find pretty weird as well considering the music is pretty intense at the end of the song.
i wanted to keep it same spacing, and it is ok to map this way

btw. It just seems to me that you want to avoid poping the bubble at all cost. of course, this map does have the quality of being ranked.

Bakari wrote:

I also find this statement and the mod made by Bakari reasonable.
i don't
thanks
Slips
Alright gonna do a proper mod now.

General
- You've been told by quite a few people to change the background and diffname now, you should really listen to them. You replied to me earlier saying that the background isn't unrankable or NFSW - you're 100% right there, but that's not the point; it just doesn't fit with the map. A background like this just doesn't work well with a song like this. Remember we're just trying to help you improve the map (:
- Spacing seems completely random through out the map. Take a look at this video, this will help you improve spacing a lot.
- Add the following into tags: marathon, dnb, drum and bass.

NEVERGIVEUP
00:20:830 (5,1) - Small jump, 00:23:573 (5,1) - same sound, but much bigger jump. Fix this.
00:21:173 (1) - You have a slider here for this sound, but here 00:23:916 (1,2) - for the same sound, you have two circles. This isn't a huge problem but if you looked out for places like this through out the map and fixed them the map would feel a lot nicer to play
00:21:687 (3,5) - This overlap is ugly and doesn't fit. While none of the other objects around this time overlap, these two do. Please fix.
00:32:145 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - Why suddenly make a section with no sliders? The song is calm in this part and should be mapped the same as the other parts before which sound exactly the same.
00:48:602 (1) - Hear that beat? That's heavy, which indicates for a jump. Right now it's way too close to the slider.
00:54:088 (1) - Ok this stream feels way too spaced, just reduce that a little bit. Also I think some direction changes at appropriate times wouldn't do any harm.
01:08:402 (3,4) - Stack these with the slider end.
01:15:516 (5) - Bad overlap with 01:15:859 (7,8,1) -
01:20:145 (1) - Why does the spacing increase when the pitch starts getting lower wat.
01:25:288 (7,2) - Not really a fan of this overlap.
01:40:716 (1) - Add some direction changes, this is boring as it is.
01:55:459 (8) - Blanket this with the stream.
01:56:402 (3,4) - Stack with the slider end.
02:19:373 (2,3) - ^
02:23:059 (13,14,1,2,3,4,5) - What's your reason for stacking the first notes?
02:24:430 (12,13,1,2,3,4,5) - Here makes sense, because you can hear a change in pitch, but the one above doesn't make sense.
02:36:945 (1,2,3) - Compared to other spacing, these three sliders are too close.
02:50:659 (1,2) - Why the jump? There should be a jump here 02:52:030 (1) - where you can actually hear a louder beat.
03:00:259 (1) - There should be a bigger jump here.
03:29:059 (1) - Why is there a stream here? I can't hear 1/4s in the background. (I might be not listening hard enough though)
03:37:888 (3,4) - Stack with the slider end.
03:48:602 (2,3,4) - Looks odd seeing as there's nothing else around it that looks like this.
03:49:973 (2) - Too close to the slider.
03:52:373 (1) - You missed a good opportunity for a stream here.
03:57:516 (8) - As you can see this isn't perfectly blanketed with the stream
04:07:116 (10,11,1,2,3,4,5) - Not really sure about this but it doesn't seem right.
04:12:773 (11,12,1,2,3,4,5) - The start shouldn't be stacked.
04:14:316 (1) - Ok from there until 04:16:973 (16) - this part is mapped perfectly so I'll give you that.
04:36:259 (1) - Boring stream, add direction changes to spice it up.
04:46:116 (4,5) - Bad overlap, fix.
05:08:830 (7,8) - These are too close.
05:25:288 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I don't think this works very well personally but if you're sure you want to do it, please silence the slider ends.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the map.
Topic Starter
Koalazy

Sliproads wrote:

Alright gonna do a proper mod now.

General
- You've been told by quite a few people to change the background and diffname now, you should really listen to them. You replied to me earlier saying that the background isn't unrankable or NFSW - you're 100% right there, but that's not the point; it just doesn't fit with the map. A background like this just doesn't work well with a song like this. Remember we're just trying to help you improve the map (:
- Spacing seems completely random through out the map. Take a look at this video, this will help you improve spacing a lot.
- Add the following into tags: marathon, dnb, drum and bass.

NEVERGIVEUP
00:20:830 (5,1) - Small jump, 00:23:573 (5,1) - same sound, but much bigger jump. Fix this.
00:21:173 (1) - You have a slider here for this sound, but here 00:23:916 (1,2) - for the same sound, you have two circles. This isn't a huge problem but if you looked out for places like this through out the map and fixed them the map would feel a lot nicer to play
00:21:687 (3,5) - This overlap is ugly and doesn't fit. While none of the other objects around this time overlap, these two do. Please fix.
00:32:145 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - Why suddenly make a section with no sliders? The song is calm in this part and should be mapped the same as the other parts before which sound exactly the same.
00:48:602 (1) - Hear that beat? That's heavy, which indicates for a jump. Right now it's way too close to the slider.
00:54:088 (1) - Ok this stream feels way too spaced, just reduce that a little bit. Also I think some direction changes at appropriate times wouldn't do any harm.
01:08:402 (3,4) - Stack these with the slider end.
01:15:516 (5) - Bad overlap with 01:15:859 (7,8,1) -
01:20:145 (1) - Why does the spacing increase when the pitch starts getting lower wat.
01:25:288 (7,2) - Not really a fan of this overlap.
01:40:716 (1) - Add some direction changes, this is boring as it is.
01:55:459 (8) - Blanket this with the stream.
01:56:402 (3,4) - Stack with the slider end.
02:19:373 (2,3) - ^
02:23:059 (13,14,1,2,3,4,5) - What's your reason for stacking the first notes?
02:24:430 (12,13,1,2,3,4,5) - Here makes sense, because you can hear a change in pitch, but the one above doesn't make sense.
02:36:945 (1,2,3) - Compared to other spacing, these three sliders are too close.
02:50:659 (1,2) - Why the jump? There should be a jump here 02:52:030 (1) - where you can actually hear a louder beat.
03:00:259 (1) - There should be a bigger jump here.
03:29:059 (1) - Why is there a stream here? I can't hear 1/4s in the background. (I might be not listening hard enough though)
03:37:888 (3,4) - Stack with the slider end.
03:48:602 (2,3,4) - Looks odd seeing as there's nothing else around it that looks like this.
03:49:973 (2) - Too close to the slider.
03:52:373 (1) - You missed a good opportunity for a stream here.
03:57:516 (8) - As you can see this isn't perfectly blanketed with the stream
04:07:116 (10,11,1,2,3,4,5) - Not really sure about this but it doesn't seem right.
04:12:773 (11,12,1,2,3,4,5) - The start shouldn't be stacked.
04:14:316 (1) - Ok from there until 04:16:973 (16) - this part is mapped perfectly so I'll give you that.
04:36:259 (1) - Boring stream, add direction changes to spice it up.
04:46:116 (4,5) - Bad overlap, fix.
05:08:830 (7,8) - These are too close.
05:25:288 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I don't think this works very well personally but if you're sure you want to do it, please silence the slider ends.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the map.
ive read it but sorry im not applying this

so as you mentioned pishfat pro mapper's spacing video, my spacing does make sense between emphasizing stuffs and kiai
the problem i've found you guys not understanding is the most simple jumps through out the map.
those jumps are random? not following musics? to me, is fits where is should be and that makes it plays good
why? because naturally they are representing themselves similar to me and the spacing is actually not the point (00:20:830 (5,1,5,1) - you've mentioned, are simply similar patterns, they don't jump too far to emphasize anything)

this is actually my understanding on this map, which i've mentioned several times. you guys may have different understanding, but to me it works
discussing circles can vary a lot as I realized these days through you guys' comment, if this map sucks why do people like it?

this map is for playing not circle-kidnapping just because people have different understandings of mappings and musics

EDIT: oh and about the bg i've asked different people's opinion, they said fine, not just because you guys leave comments here so it looks like everybody disagree with me, just to clarify. and bg is the stuff i really think it does not need a change.
diff name i'm considering but not sure yet, please read my poor english.
Slips
r
Topic Starter
Koalazy
i feel shame
仗著人多欺負人很爽是不是? 你們幾個低端根本連打都打不打在那邊講一大串好像很有道理但實際上都是你自己的主觀意見硬塞給我還要我改
我都跟你解釋了也繼續蘆,我都不知道你們到底是不是要幫我或是只是來亂的
for ppl who can't read chinese, just know that it is waste of my time
SnowNiNo_
偉ㄐ也被各種drama了
RIP
Topic Starter
Koalazy
updated
Karen
hope it's fine now, #1
7ambda
lmao

Can't wait to see this qualified.
Ideal

F1r3tar wrote:

lmao

Can't wait to see this qualified.
same

I'm more excited for when Azer HDHR FCs this
Azer
I'm ready for this
Bowzaa

Azer wrote:

I'm ready for this
The rest of us are not. Be gentle.
Ayesha Altugle
Azer, set the highest pp play of all time LUL
felys
imo the bg should be changed, it's from another series (kancolle) which doesn't have any connection with the song itself. It's like putting a SAO bg on a Ryu* song

finding an original (non-series related) background for an original song would be the best option imo
Stjpa
Other than the BG thingy I'd like to have a higher AR because the streams look so weird with such a such a high density.
Topic Starter
Koalazy
hmm...use HR?
Antalar

felys wrote:

imo the bg should be changed, it's from another series (kancolle) which doesn't have any connection with the song itself. It's like putting a SAO bg on a Ryu* song

finding an original (non-series related) background for an original song would be the best option imo
i must agree with this
felys

Stjpa wrote:

Other than the BG thingy I'd like to have a higher AR because the streams look so weird with such a such a high density.
it's probably because you're used to the other United, but ar9 on this kind of map is totally fine imo
Logic Agent
Houtarou Oreki
imo the beginning feels kinda awkward to play compared to the rest of the map, ar9 looks fine
felys
Since you completely ignored the bg issue and didn't answer me after two days, I'm going to point out other major problems points, hoping I get actually noticed and don't just get ignored because this map is bubbled and "has the quality to get ranked" (lmao).

[General]
  1. The tags, " i19 koa%wer koapower stream".
    First word is the name of one of the five girls in the bg. First of all, tags shouldn't be used for name of the girls in an irrelevant bg that is also highly recommended to change, but also, why did you put only one name out of five? This doesn't make sense, the ranking criteria is not made for putting random bgs and for using tags only about the preferred girls.
    Why are "koa%wer koapower" in the tags? that's words you used for other graveyard maps right? then those doesn't make sense here. Last people I remember using this kind of thing was GoldenWolf with "woof" but he had to remove it after Kanjou no Matenrou ~ World's End.
    "stream", heh, really? People never tags maps going for ranked with "jump", "stream" or, idk "a lot of triplets", there's no point in keeping that.
  2. you're totally missing out the actually important tags like dnb/drum and bass.
[Eternal]
  1. I guess left-low corner didn't need any attention
  2. 01:00:945 (1) - what's the point of shapes like this? they look ugly, forced, red dots don't follow any point of the music and if they're changed in something more good-looking, playability of the map doesn't change.
  3. 01:16:030 (1) - same as ^ tbh
  4. 01:16:545 (3) - other forced shape
  5. 01:48:430 (8,2) - Unnecessary and bad looking overlap
  6. 02:32:488 (10,11,1) - what the hell lol please manually stack those with like 0.1/0.2 distance snap because yeah
  7. 02:38:830 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - why not moving it so (5) stacks with 02:37:802 (9) - ?
  8. 02:45:516 (3,4,5) - this needs to get manually stacked too.
  9. 04:06:602 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5) - I guess you just got lazy to follow the rhythm? I don't understand
Topic Starter
Koalazy
BN可以幫人按kd,用火

felys wrote:

Since you completely ignored the bg issue and didn't answer me after two days, I'm going to point out other major problems points, hoping I get actually noticed and don't just get ignored because this map is bubbled and "has the quality to get ranked" (lmao).
i did not ignore the bg problem, i've replied back like some replies ago. well, hope my words can help you understand instead of some words like lmao
[General]
  1. The tags, " i19 koa%wer koapower stream".
    First word is the name of one of the five girls in the bg. First of all, tags shouldn't be used for name of the girls in an irrelevant bg that is also highly recommended to change, but also, why did you put only one name out of five? This doesn't make sense, the ranking criteria is not made for putting random bgs and for using tags only about the preferred girls.
    Why are "koa%wer koapower" in the tags? that's words you used for other graveyard maps right? then those doesn't make sense here. Last people I remember using this kind of thing was GoldenWolf with "woof" but he had to remove it after Kanjou no Matenrou ~ World's End.
    "stream", heh, really? People never tags maps going for ranked with "jump", "stream" or, idk "a lot of triplets", there's no point in keeping that.
  2. you're totally missing out the actually important tags like dnb/drum and bass.
i've read ranking criteria, and sadly i've not found any guildlines of tags besides gd tags. if my way of searching this map is actually not the way tag works i will remove it. tbh i've never type any keywords like drum and bass or vocaloid to find songs. i use like certain diff name (koa%wer) or mapper to find those series of maps

[Eternal]
  1. I guess left-low corner didn't need any attention is this a problem?
  2. 01:00:945 (1) - what's the point of shapes like this? they look ugly, forced, red dots don't follow any point of the music and if they're changed in something more good-looking, playability of the map doesn't change. it is good looking to me tbh
  3. 01:16:030 (1) - same as ^ tbh ^ tbh
  4. 01:16:545 (3) - other forced shape ^
  5. 01:48:430 (8,2) - Unnecessary and bad looking overlap sorry this is not a problem
    (oops missed :P )
  6. 02:32:488 (10,11,1) - what the hell lol please manually stack those with like 0.1/0.2 distance snap because yeah oh, didn't notice that
  7. 02:38:830 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - why not moving it so (5) stacks with 02:37:802 (9) - ? because unnecessary
  8. 02:45:516 (3,4,5) - this needs to get manually stacked too. ^
  9. 04:06:602 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5) - I guess you just got lazy to follow the rhythm? I don't understand well, borrow your words, "I guess you just got lazy to listen to the music?"
:>
Vivyanne
the tags "dnb" and "drum and bass" are usually added to the metadata if the song is a dnb song, for example ranked feint maps and the already ranked united! it's something we agreed of and i don't think you'll be waiting on a DQ only because you missed the "dnb" tag!

if u want me to link some songs to where the tag "dnb" was needed feel free to ask

dnb makes the clear difference in song type electronic that is usually found. "drumstep" has also been seen some times just to get the clear difference between the type of song, as electronic covers a damn lot lol

>also could u maybe give the bg explenation in english too because most people don't understand asian languages ;w;
Topic Starter
Koalazy
let me explain why i think bg is fine to me
about the rain sound at the intro part, and also as the music begins, i feel the sound 00:15:687 - is something make ripple (idk if my english works here), near 00:23:916 - the rain starts to fade, i explain it as they are getting underwater, the ripple sound i can imagine is the ripple of the raindrops hitting the surface and also the sonar underwater
so the bg itself is showing light on the top side, that shows they are in the depth that are still near the surface of the ocean, rain sounds make sense like you start from surface at first and dive into the water, ripple sounds make sense like raindrops, and diving into water->sonar
girls in the bg shows they are allies standing at the same line, this is the explanation of united
if you are talking about the kantai series in this map, this is an original song, it fits any series bg not just original ones, sadly i have not found any better original bgs besides this to show united. if i'm not mistaken highscore used kantai in the bg too, if the connection of it is "game", i have to say there are no such "highscore" stuff in kantai game, tbh original song use this bg is not similar to SAO bg on a Ryu* song.
and someone mentioned male sound throughout the song, i don't think it is a problem because you can just consider the male the narrator

i used google translate hope you guys can understand my words
Togetic
The reason why Highscore had a kantai bg was because the xkito video where the song was found used that same bg. Also, it fits Highscore better because kantai collection is a game and the term "Highscore" is from videogames. I would still recommend changing the bg. The reasonings that you said only really contribute for the beginning of the song where the rain noises are. Also, the girls in the bg don't say "united" or "team". It just looks like a generic anime background. This may be subjective but I'm confident most people would agree with me. Not being able to find a more suitable bg seems more lazy than a proper excuse. It's okay to have some anime style bg, but this one just doesn't fit the song well at all. Also, if many people mutually agree that the bg should be changed, then I think that's a sign to consider replacing this bg. For these reasons, I highly recommend to change the bg of this map.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Koalazy

Togetic wrote:

The reason why Highscore had a kantai bg was because the xkito video where the song was found used that same bg. Also, it fits Highscore better because kantai collection is a game and the term "Highscore" is from videogames. well if through this connection make sense, then my explanation make sense
I would still recommend changing the bg. The reasonings that you said only really contribute for the beginning of the song where the rain noises are. i mentioned that is because that's the unique part of the song to explain the bg, climax of the song can be explained as battles those girls encountered, too
Also, the girls in the bg don't say "united" or "team". It just looks like a generic anime background. girls in the bg definitely shows united, they are allies and stay in the same team, maybe you define 2D characters bg all anime i guess.
This may be subjective but I'm confident most people would agree with me. it is subjective, mine is subjective, too. but that is actually an explanation comes from, isn't it?
Not being able to find a more suitable bg seems more lazy than a proper excuse. It's okay to have some anime style bg, but this one just doesn't fit the song well at all. sadly i was telling you the truth, i've find many but no bgs match my satisfaction, you think it doesn't fit but i do feel it good, that's why i even use google translate to explain my thoughts to you guys.
Also, if many people mutually agree that the bg should be changed, then I think that's a sign to consider replacing this bg. For these reasons, I highly recommend to change the bg of this map. if you are aiming for a bg change, sure, but i have to find something better than current version and satisfy my expectation.

Good luck!
many of my thoughts are subjective, of course, if not subjective why should i even bother to type those out? (no one cares what mapper thinks anyway lol)
bg is a choice of the mapper, i think it fits and gave out explanation to you guys
ironically no one mentioned bg choice before it get bubbled.
Lefafel
This looks as good as graveyarded at this point, so I probably shouldn't even bother posting, but your very last sentence really irks me:
ironically no one mentioned bg choice before it get bubbled.
Let me tell you why there was no outside attention for this set before it somehow got bubbled.

You've remapped one of the more iconic pieces of music in this game, which means you're already in a vast pool of duplicates and are competing for clicks that way. You've slapped on a BG from an obviously unrelated and massively popular franchise that doesn't really even fit your self-explained vision of the song. Already you've turned away a big chunk of random beatmap browsers. But what did the few people who actually ended up clicking on this god-forsaken beatmap entry see? A difficulty name that was a meme, and tags that looked like nothing more than gibberish. Great.

Now, if by some miraculous chance, someone, after seeing all this, did go ahead and download the map anyway, what did they get to experience in-game? A lazy, repetitive, washed-out version of the classic that is Asphyxia's United. Nothing unique, no twist, just a dumbed-down United. And you expect anyone to have thought of your map as a serious attempt at a ranked product? This submission looked, smelled and tasted like a bad meme, not a serious beatmap. THAT is why there was nobody in the thread to point these issues out. You weren't being taken seriously.

It must be really infuriating that this somehow gathered enough attention after the first bubble, and you couldn't just slip this through to qualified silently when it'd be too late for you to have to fix anything. Better luck next time I guess.

Oh, and to avoid being completely non-productive, here's a couple BGs that somewhat fit your "vision" of the music (which I actually agree with, to an extent), but aren't from god damn Kancolle:
show more