This mapset is REALLY awesome. Song edit to fit the 2min mark, SB, hitsouding and solid (not really creative) but really well done map. Hope you can move this foward soon
what is motivation
Net0 wrote:This mapset is REALLY awesome. Song edit to fit the 2min mark, SB, hitsouding and solid (not really creative) but really well done map. Hope you can move this foward soon
i don't play this game
Est- wrote:rank this already you dum dum
2017-09-24 23:56 StarrStyx: but anyway uh
2017-09-24 23:56 StarrStyx: going back to ur map
2017-09-24 23:56 StarrStyx: i dont think there are really any errors that need to be fixed
2017-09-24 23:57 Bergy: uh have u looked at expert diff
2017-09-24 23:57 StarrStyx: but in the places i kinda question the concepts used
2017-09-24 23:57 StarrStyx: expert is better than the top diff
2017-09-24 23:57 Bergy: owo
2017-09-24 23:58 StarrStyx: top diff feels overdone
2017-09-24 23:58 StarrStyx: 01:37:385 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - especially this
2017-09-24 23:58 Bergy: but it represents the music imo
2017-09-24 23:58 Bergy: like the drums going down then up then down
2017-09-24 23:58 StarrStyx: im not saying it doesnt, but it doesnt fit in with the rest of the map
2017-09-24 23:59 Bergy: cause it stands out from the rest of the map cause its different
2017-09-24 23:59 StarrStyx: imho, that part isnt really that special from the rest of the map
2017-09-24 23:59 StarrStyx: *song
2017-09-25 00:00 Bergy: i could probably change it a little
2017-09-25 00:00 Bergy: so its not as awkward to play
2017-09-25 00:00 StarrStyx: theres a few places that irked me
2017-09-25 00:00 StarrStyx: lemme have a look
2017-09-25 00:02 StarrStyx: ah ye
2017-09-25 00:02 StarrStyx: 01:35:749 (1,2,3,4) - ur usage of this pattern in the kiai parts feels.. kinda weird imo
2017-09-25 00:03 StarrStyx: playing it seems to make sense tho
2017-09-25 00:03 StarrStyx: :S
2017-09-25 00:03 Bergy: idk i like it
2017-09-25 00:03 Bergy: i like the reverse movement
2017-09-25 00:03 StarrStyx: i feel like the reverse movement could be done better
2017-09-25 00:03 StarrStyx: idk, probably have a curved spaced triple instead of a straight one maybe
2017-09-25 00:04 Bergy: i mean like
2017-09-25 00:04 Bergy: i like that idea and i can think of what i would do if i would map this again
2017-09-25 00:04 Bergy: but it would require me to restructure the map
2017-09-25 00:04 Bergy: if that makes sense
2017-09-25 00:04 StarrStyx: yea i understand
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: just my 2c on it
2017-09-25 00:05 Bergy: and while i think it would be worth doing if i remapped it
2017-09-25 00:05 Bergy: like i think its fine as it is
2017-09-25 00:05 Bergy: and not worth remapping the whole kiai lmao
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: ok this is a part i actually dont like at all
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: 01:06:294 (1,2,3,4,5) -
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: this straight stream just uh
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: suck
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: sucks
2017-09-25 00:05 Bergy: it suck bal
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: when the rest of the stream is like
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: curved movement
2017-09-25 00:06 StarrStyx: and then theres a sudden linear stream in the middle
2017-09-25 00:08 Bergy: ok fixed
2017-09-25 00:09 StarrStyx: no offense but maps like these make me realise how much more potential low bpm songs offer in mapping
2017-09-25 00:10 Bergy: lmao
2017-09-25 00:10 Bergy: oof
2017-09-25 00:10 StarrStyx: tbh id say the part in between the two kiais are the better part of the map
2017-09-25 00:10 StarrStyx: the two kiais are uh
2017-09-25 00:10 StarrStyx: idk, worse off if i were to describe it
2017-09-25 00:13 Bergy: aight well im hungry af so im gonna go eat
2017-09-25 00:13 Bergy: if u wanna make a post ill give u kd if u want
2017-09-25 00:13 Bergy: cya
2017-09-25 00:13 StarrStyx: k
Current AR is a heavy pain for eyes, barely FCed. Raise it to 6. yea
Check also for unused green lines, some can affect on sliders in wrong way, for example 00:27:499 with 5% volume. uh i dont think it really matters what are u gonna save like 100B file size
i bet 3,5 AR here is accidentally yea changed to 6
Seek too for unused green lines. uh i dont really think it matters
Nothing more i guess. Biggest fail happened on Advanced.
epic fail :^)
Raised AR isn't enough to give kudos IMO
ReFaller wrote:https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6327072 - isn't it should get a kudos? raised AR is a reason for that
thansk oWO can i thank u enough . .. . : ) ) ) < 3
-Mo- wrote:Posting half of a mod here as a reminder to finish looking at this.
- 00:28:658 (2) - Touches health bar. You can leave this if you want, but pointing it out in case you don't like it.
- 00:52:385 (3,4) - I think this visual flow could be improved, since 3 doesn#'t point into 4 so smoothly. Also this is a preference thing, but I feel like having 4 be a linear bend slider would fit well for this.
- 00:57:294 (4) - Would probably NC here since the vocals change kinda significantly here. It would probably make the change to 1/1 rhythm a bit clearer too.
- 01:06:567 (2,3) - Might as well find a way to avoid this overlap (or make it overlap a bit more) since having it touch half of the slider border looks kinda unpolished.
- 01:08:749 (1) - Health bar.
- 00:00:022 (1,2,3) etc - I don't really like the DS you used for the 1/2 combos where each object is overlapping by small amounts. They make the map look pretty unpolished, where spacing them out slightly more would look a lot better and wouldn't hinder playabilty much at all. I would advise going through the whole map to fix these DS overlaps (especially the final sets kiai, which for some reason is using lower DS than the first set). yeah i was using 1.0x SV for the last kiai, i mapped each half of this song like months apart so that explains why i could have f'ed it up. also fixed that aesthetic thing
- 00:01:658 (1,2,3) - 00:04:931 (1,2,3) etc - I feel like following the drum beats a bit more accurately for these combos when the vocals aren't doing anything would fit better for these, i.e. mapping to the red ticks which to me sound to have louder snares. My suggestion would be this:in my opinion, the repetitive snare beat kinda gets drowned out to me and the snares dont sound overly emphasized. if anything, mapping on the white ticks follows the vocals mostly and the guitar.
- 00:08:203 (1,2,3) - This would work especially better for this since the vocals start on the red tick too. here i agree since there are vocals here
- 00:12:022 (2) - Health bar. fixx
- 00:22:931 (1) - Would be better following a similar 1/1 rhythm to 00:21:294 (1,2,3) since the guitar is the more prominient instrument here, and it repeats its rhythm here. It's more intuitive than adding a 3/2 gap to me anyway. added another set of 1/1 sliders to emphasize guitars + vocals
- 00:31:931 (3) - 00:38:476 (3) etc - I'm thinking that a 1/2 slider for this would fit better to match the held vocals, and act as a better transition into the 1/2 circles. idk i think in this case the snare cuts through the rest of the music really hard so just the circle represents that harsh/short sound better, and at that point i think it gets weird to play
== 00:44:204 (1) - This is unsnapped by 1ms, where if you snap it back, the SV change breaks it. fixed oops
- 00:46:863 (2) - 00:53:408 (2) - Reverse 1/2 would fit better for mapping the drum sounds I feel. i tried this but it feels weird because the notes at 00:47:067 - arent as loud as the other ones, so i think im gonna keep it as it is
- 01:07:112 (1,2,3,4) - How about arranging it something like this so the flow uses sharper angles to emphasise the higher intensity section better:it already uses relatively sharp angles and doing what you put forth as an example would break DS too much imo
- 01:14:749 (4) - 01:16:385 (4) etc - Replacing these with circle-slider would fit better with the guitar rhythm and match with all of the 1/2 sliders you put in this section I think.ye i did some stuff
- 01:17:749 (4) - 01:21:021 (4) - Two 1/1 sliders would bit better for matching when the vocals shout "power".
- 00:29:067 (5) - This slider doesn't need anything fancy since there's nothing in the music that needs emphasising. Just using a regular curve is enough. tru lol
- 01:04:521 - This would work better if mapping to an active beat I think. I don't think 01:04:249 (3) needs to be a 1/1 anyway. how i hear the guitar melody is there are four sets of three 8th notes that go in a pattern together (starting at 01:03:840 (1) - ). the first three, third three, and fourth three all have three guitar notes, while the second only has the one at the beginning and end. i hear the separation of the patterns in my head like how i mapped it, so i mapped it this way.
- 01:10:794 (2,3) - I would swap this rhythm around since the guitar sound is on 01:10:794 which would match better with a slider, and there is another guitar on 01:11:067 which should ideally be mapped to an active beat. yE
- 01:37:931 (6) - This slider seems to have the hitsounds a bit messed up. only a lil
- 01:48:021 (1) - Slider thing again. god what was i thinking when i made this diff
- 01:50:476 (1,1,1) - If you want to map the 1/3 then I would say reverse 1/3 fits better and is more intuitive than 2/3 sliders that misses half of the 1/3 beats anyway and so is less intuitive. i agree .
- 01:08:203 (5,6) - I'd keep these parallel, since all your other pairs of 1/4 repeaters are arranged in a parallel pattern. There's not much reason to make these different. ye sure ill fix
- 00:29:476 (1,2) - Would probably do something about a higher spacing so the vocal note is emphasised better. uh !
- 00:00:636 (7) - Missing hitsound. no its not
- 01:01:658 (1) - Doesn't need an NC. ye
I'm not so good with this genre of music and these difficulties which is why I don't really have anything useful to say about the upper diffs.
I'm also not a huge fan of what you did in the SB during the kiai times. No doubt it looks pretty good, but I don't think it's fitting for this song, and the art styles used there contrast way too heavily with the main song BG that's used everywhere outside of the kiai times. The SB itself is pretty well made, it's just the contrast in styling that I don't like. b-but.. align the stones. . . in the sand. . and its mikasa .. . .. . .