1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted

AyanokoRin wrote:

:? didn’t that group make a song named aerith with a ton of FFVII references

its called aeris but yea

Also I think you can remove the warning to modders from desc since there’s no normal anymore

okie


[Easy]

  1. 00:14:749 (1,3) - from what I understand this is mapped to the guitar, which makes the same pattern twice ; why are those sliders different then ? it's a strong note because of the crash and the beginning of the section and stuff xd
  2. 01:45:567 - bruh this snare is crying for something clickable
  3. 01:48:567 (2) - idk missing on the downbeat here seems really awkward, even though it’s for the sake of keeping the density consistent, especially since that head ‘s mapping isn’t consistent with 01:46:931 (4) remapped this section


[Insane]

  1. 00:00:022 (1) - undermapped ; I think you can afford to catch those in an Insane don't want to start map with stream
  2. 00:09:431 (5) - inconsistent slidershape with the rest of your phrase, where every other reverse was straight and this is curved straight vs curved isnt big difference
  3. 00:17:204 (3,4,5) - eh, not sure how to feel about this ; would technically be fine if this overlapping concept was introduced at 00:15:567 (3,4,5) but here it’s inconsistent since it hasn’t fixed
  4. 00:18:840 (3,4) - don’t get the different slider shapes from 00:18:022 (1,2), since neither the vocals nor the hitsounding pattern change made wave
  5. 00:31:522 (2) - should break the flow and be a curved slider like 00:28:249 (2) for the sake of consistency ehhhhhhhh (2) doesn't even break flow tho
  6. 00:32:340 (5,6,1) - use of linear flow here contradicts 00:31:931 (3,4,5) which is back & forth flow, might wanna change either of those idk i think it plays fine because of slider leniency
  7. 00:39:703 (2) - normally every 1/1 slider at that position relative to your rhythm pattern ( ie 00:38:067 (2) - 00:36:431 (2) - ) breaks the flow, but not here ; rather subjective though, since you can argue that it helps with emphasising the end of the chorus ; your move here tbh i dont rly care that much about flow, even things that "break" flow flow in their own regard
  8. 00:44:408 (2,2) - 1/1 slider on the same sound, yet they are visually different first one used to mark timing change + new section of the song
  9. 00:46:658 (3,4,5,6) - maybe change into this so that the emphasis is consistent with 00:45:022 (3,4) there's no sound on the (4) there though, this makes more sense rhythm-wise
  10. 00:58:522 (1,2,3,4,1) - just my opinion here but I think the bpm lets you do something more than just a straight line considering how distinct those sounds are compared to the usual 1/4 sure
  11. 01:10:931 (3) - I’m not sure what this slider emphasises ; your rhythm choice implies that you’re not following the drums, leaving only the guitar, but then you miss the note on 01:11:067 which should be clickable as well both, but i think the rhythm here is fine
  12. 01:20:203 (1,2,3) - curved sliders here, while 01:16:931 (1,2,3) were straight yet both are mapped to the same vocals curved vs straight isnt important at all tbh
  13. 01:23:067 (4,5) - shouldn’t this be a reverse as well ? The vocals are strong on downbeats and it happens twice so doing the same rhythm pattern twice would be more fitting imo no cause it's different because this time the last snare on the upbeat isn't there
  14. 01:34:931 (1,2) - I think this doesn’t really break circular flow as intended since it kinda goes like this tbh that's how all my "circular flow break" things are in kiai sections
  15. 01:50:476 (1) - hitsounding derp here ? I don’t think that clap on tail was intentional nah it goes: 3 snares, 6 toms. the sliderend is on the last snare, so i mapped a snare
  16. 02:00:431 (1) - maybe move NC to 02:00:294 (5) ? moved to 3


[Extra]



  • The main issue I have with this diff is that slidershapes seem arbitrary within the same phrase, leading to inconsistencies in aesthetics ; for example, 00:07:385 (5) should be the same shape as 00:06:567 (1,3) for consistency’s sake since it’s the same sound. There are other iterations of those such as 00:35:340 (5) or 00:42:704 (2,2), so remember ; if the song doesn’t change then slidershapes have no reason to. This kind of polishing is what makes the difference between a rankable map and a good map, so I highly encourage you to find those inconsistencies and fix them for yourself. tbh i like different slidershapes because it makes a map interesting. i could fix them, but i don't want to because they keep a map varying and not looking the same throughout.

  1. 00:02:885 (3) - should be a slider here to follow your logic of making every vocals a sliderhead thats not rly what im doing tho. im following drums mainly, but whenever guitar or vocals have a loud prhase i'll follow them.
  2. 00:03:022 (4) - feels out of place in an aesthetic way because it’s the only straight slider in 2 measures filled with curved ones, and also in a rhythmical way because it breaks that logic with vocals 2 measures isn't very long at 220bpm & 3/4 time signature, it's not even 2 seconds.
  3. 00:06:567 (1,3) - emphasising those drums through different slider shapes is fine, but make sure to not use those red anchors for too much stuff since you already use them for vocals when there’s high screaming
  4. 01:58:249 (1,2,3,1) - unintentional overlap ? It seems that stacking kind of messed up aesthetics here, might wanna manually stack or something yea lul


[Extreme]



  • I feel that this diff has the same problem as the extra with slidershapes, examples being 00:03:840 (4,1,3) - 00:14:749 (1,1) - 01:32:612 (6,7,6,7) see what i wrote before lul

  1. 00:05:204 (2,3,4,5,1) - should be back & forth flow like 00:01:931 (2,3,4,5,1) eh i dont rly think it matters considering the second jumps are kinda back and forthy
  2. 00:06:567 (1) - should be breaking the flow like 00:06:976 (3,1) sure
  3. 00:51:159 (1) - not sure how I feel about the introduction of discontinuous streams so late in the map ; what you could do to make them more intuitive would be turning 00:46:864 (5,6,7) into circle then triple, so that you could make that triple discontinuous and thus introduce that gameplay element its not even halfway into the map, and no to the second point because there wouldn't be a sound on the first part of the triple
  4. 00:58:522 (2,3,4,5) - is this not perfectly straight or am I just retarded am i disabled? and no, it's straight
  5. 01:01:113 (1) - normally the switch from snares to drum roll doesn’t feature such an explicit direction change, especially since 01:00:022 (1) does not have it either despite being in the same phrase, so might wanna tone down that turn ctrl+h'd the first part
  6. 01:02:476 (2,3) - why the short reversing sliders here ? The hitsounding and guitar rhythm density is the same so it should be kicksliders to be consistent with 01:03:021 (1,2,3,4,5,6) because the kickslider part is a higher pitch in the guitar and therefore more intense
  7. 01:06:840 (9,10,11,12,1) - streams work the same as sliders when it comes to aesthetics ; here you have a change to a straight stream which seems too arbitrary since it’s the first time it happens within the map, and if you wanted to turn every vocals then there should be a turn at 01:06:566 (5) as well with 2 turns it's too busy, but with no turns i run out of room to map the stream, so i might do this at a later date
  8. 01:08:750 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - again, I don’t get that rhythm ; especially the short reversing sliders which once again feel out of place compared to the kicks rhythm density goes up as pitch goes up, and i use reverse sliders at the beginning every time
  9. 01:11:749 (7,8,9,10,1) - should be a DS decrease here to fit other streams where you decrease DS for rolls ad opposed to snares fixx
  10. 01:25:112 (1,4) - blanket ? i did what
  11. 01:44:340 (1) - should be a turn here ; 01:37:658 (1) has one so I assume it’s for the sake of emphasising that particular chorus, but here you contradict that emphasis by going back to the absence of turn from before the change at 01:37:385 (1) - is a lot more noticeable, whereas the other part is more of a flowy kinda sounding change imo


[Wretched]

  1. 00:01:931 (2,3,4,5,1) - flow here is back & forth while 00:02:749 (2,3,4,5,1) is circular ; both are the same pattern following the drums so they should make use of the same flow same thing i said, i believe back and forth flow and a star flow may be interchanged if they're in the same pattern and are clearly in a pattern
  2. 00:17:204 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - idk those are way too different from 00:15:567 (1,2,1,2,1,2) to me since it’s different type of flow and spacing isn’t the same i increased the spacing so it would be more similar
  3. 00:20:203 (5,6,7,8,1) - there should be a turn here as well as lower DS since you did that every time the drums go from snares to kicks ( happens at 00:20:749 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) for example ) im not gonna do a turn but i'll change ds
  4. 00:29:476 (1) - should be red anchor to be consistent with 00:27:840 (1) - 00:34:385 (1,1) - etc sure
  5. 00:56:885 (3,4,5,6,1) - not sure how to feel about that discontinuous stream ; it might be read as 4 note stream into 1/2 singletap, since it hasn’t been introduced earlier on in the phrase, so you might want to put some discontinuous 144 bpm streams somewhere earlier to make this one intuitive i dont think so because it would be very awkward to click on the upbeat at 00:57:397 - , i don't think this will be misread
  6. 00:58:931 (1) - if you wanna continue that idea of discontinuous streams you could also make one here 00:57:294 (1) - is a lot different from 00:56:885 (3,4,5,6) - , while 00:58:522 (2,3,4,5,1) - is generally the same sound
  7. 01:01:931 (1) - where the turn bruh this stream is a lot quieter, therefore the turn isn't as audible or necessary
  8. 01:04:317 - 01:04:453 - missing out on drums here ; dunno why 01:04:249 (4,5) aren’t kicksliders since they’d allow you to catch those drums because of the guitar, these notes sound significantly shorter and less emphasized to me
  9. 01:05:476 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
    yuh
  10. 01:09:840 (5) - don’t get the sudden turn ? it’s virtually on nothing ; vocals are at 01:09:908 (6) and if you wanna turn on the vocals then you should make 01:09:498 (9) a turn as well
  11. 01:13:385 (4,5,6,7,1) - why doesn’t this follow your concept of lower DS and turn upon switch from snares to kicks ? seems like unnecessary emphasis to me this one no because it's too consistently going down, the bridge between snare and kick isn't very apparent
  12. 01:14:135 (4) - sudden overmapped triple here, if you want to do those you should do them throughout the map instead of introducing halfway through no u can hear it in the guitar
  13. 01:37:521 (3,4,1) - pretty sure this is 1/6 and not 1/4 nope
  14. 01:37:931 (1,2,3,4,1) - I feel that this turn is a bit over the top since while it’s understandable at 01:37:385 (1,2,3,4,1) due to the switch from snares to roll, here there’s only 1 snare so it feels overdone imo this whole diff is overdone LULL
  15. 01:37:999 (2) - remove clap, there’s no snare here yeap
  16. 01:34:249 (6,7) - those slidershapes were first in the first kiai, while 01:32:612 (6,7) were second, why is it reversed here ? implying i need to copy slider shapes from kiais



Holy that ended up so long i feel bad cause i rejected a lot
have a star owo thanks
oops i rejected a lot
posted
00:18:022 (1,2,1,2) - I suggest adding more spacing between these pairs of repeat sliders. Larger spacing reflects the intensity of this part better and slider leniency accounts for good playability. The current spacing causes short cursor movements that feel too weak for what this is mapped to. made spacing slightly larger and consistent

01:08:203 (5,6) - Perhaps you forgot to hit-sound this drum roll? there's no drum roll so

01:41:067 (6,7) - I would refrain from stacking two notes that carry so much impact. I feel that a jump of decent size and cursor movement gives the emphasis these strong beats deserve. wanted to group the snares so it represents the music better
00:00:226 - 00:00:362 - as I pointed out with Bergy’s version, missing out on 2 drum beats in an insane at this bpm is a bit underwhelming i feel like its justified cause 220 bpm zzz

00:02:476 (5) - shape is inconsistent with the rest of the phrase i didnt really plan that. its straight for flow purpose

00:01:794 (2,3) - 00:02:067 (3) breaks flow while no other sliders in the phrase does i think its fine as long as its not an uncomfortable break which its not.

00:09:567 (7) - I know the rhythm is different because you wanna catch those vocals, but you might wanna make it more obvious aesthetically, like with an unique slidershape or something sure

00:11:067 (7) - to me it feels awkward that you left out those vocals completely ; focusing the drums is fine since they’re rather aggressive in this song, but at least make a change in direction or something that points out that the vocals are there the vocals are the only beats that are clickable at 00:10:249 (3,4) - so i can ensure you that the vocals are there.

00:12:840 - why did you leave out those vocals ? You’ve been following the high screams in the previous measures so I don’t see why it should changepattern got improved with this. cool

00:17:476 (5) - straight slider feels kinda out of place compared to the other shapes in the phrase considering it’s made entirely of curved ones sure

00:29:476 (1,2) - to have both blanketed around 00:30:294 (3) you could move 00:29:476 (1) further away and 00:29:885 (2) closer, so that both are at the same distance ; that way even if they’re the same slider with a rotation they’ll both have that sweet aesthetics sorry, i think it looks good as it is. i suppose thats subjective zz

00:29:885 (2,3) - considering flow is usually broken there ( eg 00:28:658 (3,4) - 00:35:204 (3,4) - ) it feels out of place when it is not like here those arent flow breaks though as youre able to not follow the entire slider (which is like 5% of it). but i may consider just altering the directions a bit instead.

00:45:431 (6,2,3) - considering the map is oriented around clean aesthetics with blankets and the likes, you might wanna avoid that kind of overlap its visable in the editor but barely noticable during gameplay.

01:14:476 (5) - emphasis feels out of place since the rest of the phrase emphasises snares through slider emphasis, but here the kick is being given higher importance so it’s inconsistent with the rest guitar emphasize z

01:17:476 (3) - this doesn’t break circular flow while 01:17:203 (2) did ; since those vocals follow the same 1/1 rhythm I think flow should be consistent here sure

01:26:340 (5) - considering 01:27:840 (5,6) are mapped to the vocals, I ignoring them here is inconsistent since it’s within the same phrase the only vocal emphasize in this part is 01:27:840 (5,6) - . and thats because they stand out here. this part was purposly made to emphasize instruments (especually guitars)

01:29:612 (4,1) - the way this doesn’t break flow while 01:28:794 (2,3) did could be used for emphasis if that idea was being used more ; like the whole phrase being filled with that rhythm without flow break then 01:29:612 (4,1) not doing it, but here it just feels inconsistent so I think both should be either breaking the flow or none of them doing it 01:28:385 (1,2) - doesnt break flow... ??

01:32:476 (3,4) - where did the flow break from 00:28:658 (3,4) go ? it’s especially important to stay consistent throughout choruses since they’re kind of a landmark within the song’s structure theres no flow break there

01:33:294 (1,2) - both shapes and flow seem out of place, since all the first chorus was filled with this type of thing its mostly the same. only changed a few patterns so it doesnt feel like that much of a copy paste pattern map

01:35:340 (2) - same here shaped like that for flow

01:40:521 (3,6,7) - maybe manually stack 01:41:067 (6,7) since stack is kind of killing the aesthetics here yep

01:50:476 (1,2,3) - spacing should be equal between all 3 sliderheads since they’re meant to be held yep

01:54:567 (1,2) - again, why the sudden red anchor ? first chorus didn’t have them even at that precise point to not make this into that much of a copy paste pattern map. i dont see the problem in it either.
It's 3 am so my response is a bit zzzz so I'm sorry.

Thanks for the mod!

https://pastebin.com/KKh9Mn9e
posted
This mapset is REALLY awesome. Song edit to fit the 2min mark, SB, hitsouding and solid (not really creative) but really well done map. Hope you can move this foward soon :)
posted

Net0 wrote:

This mapset is REALLY awesome. Song edit to fit the 2min mark, SB, hitsouding and solid (not really creative) but really well done map. Hope you can move this foward soon :)
what is motivation
posted
Nice one like it
posted
rank this already you dum dum
posted

Est- wrote:

rank this already you dum dum
i don't play this game
posted

Bergy wrote:

i don't play this game
u should
posted
2017-09-24 23:56 StarrStyx: but anyway uh
2017-09-24 23:56 StarrStyx: going back to ur map
2017-09-24 23:56 StarrStyx: i dont think there are really any errors that need to be fixed
2017-09-24 23:57 Bergy: uh have u looked at expert diff
2017-09-24 23:57 StarrStyx: but in the places i kinda question the concepts used
2017-09-24 23:57 StarrStyx: expert is better than the top diff
2017-09-24 23:57 Bergy: owo
2017-09-24 23:58 StarrStyx: top diff feels overdone
2017-09-24 23:58 StarrStyx: 01:37:385 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - especially this
2017-09-24 23:58 Bergy: but it represents the music imo
2017-09-24 23:58 Bergy: like the drums going down then up then down
2017-09-24 23:58 StarrStyx: im not saying it doesnt, but it doesnt fit in with the rest of the map
2017-09-24 23:59 Bergy: cause it stands out from the rest of the map cause its different
2017-09-24 23:59 StarrStyx: imho, that part isnt really that special from the rest of the map
2017-09-24 23:59 StarrStyx: *song
2017-09-25 00:00 Bergy: i could probably change it a little
2017-09-25 00:00 Bergy: so its not as awkward to play
2017-09-25 00:00 StarrStyx: theres a few places that irked me
2017-09-25 00:00 StarrStyx: lemme have a look
2017-09-25 00:02 StarrStyx: ah ye
2017-09-25 00:02 StarrStyx: 01:35:749 (1,2,3,4) - ur usage of this pattern in the kiai parts feels.. kinda weird imo
2017-09-25 00:03 StarrStyx: playing it seems to make sense tho
2017-09-25 00:03 StarrStyx: :S
2017-09-25 00:03 Bergy: idk i like it
2017-09-25 00:03 Bergy: i like the reverse movement
2017-09-25 00:03 StarrStyx: i feel like the reverse movement could be done better
2017-09-25 00:03 StarrStyx: idk, probably have a curved spaced triple instead of a straight one maybe
2017-09-25 00:04 Bergy: i mean like
2017-09-25 00:04 Bergy: i like that idea and i can think of what i would do if i would map this again
2017-09-25 00:04 Bergy: but it would require me to restructure the map
2017-09-25 00:04 Bergy: if that makes sense
2017-09-25 00:04 StarrStyx: yea i understand
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: just my 2c on it
2017-09-25 00:05 Bergy: and while i think it would be worth doing if i remapped it
2017-09-25 00:05 Bergy: like i think its fine as it is
2017-09-25 00:05 Bergy: and not worth remapping the whole kiai lmao
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: ok this is a part i actually dont like at all
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: 01:06:294 (1,2,3,4,5) -
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: this straight stream just uh
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: suck
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: sucks
2017-09-25 00:05 Bergy: it suck bal
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: when the rest of the stream is like
2017-09-25 00:05 StarrStyx: curved movement
2017-09-25 00:06 StarrStyx: and then theres a sudden linear stream in the middle
2017-09-25 00:08 Bergy: ok fixed
2017-09-25 00:09 StarrStyx: no offense but maps like these make me realise how much more potential low bpm songs offer in mapping
2017-09-25 00:10 Bergy: lmao
2017-09-25 00:10 Bergy: oof
2017-09-25 00:10 StarrStyx: tbh id say the part in between the two kiais are the better part of the map
2017-09-25 00:10 StarrStyx: the two kiais are uh
2017-09-25 00:10 StarrStyx: idk, worse off if i were to describe it
2017-09-25 00:13 Bergy: aight well im hungry af so im gonna go eat
2017-09-25 00:13 Bergy: if u wanna make a post ill give u kd if u want
2017-09-25 00:13 Bergy: cya
2017-09-25 00:13 StarrStyx: k
posted
  • normal
  1. 00:06:567 (3,4) - these two notes are weaker in rhythm coverage even though the musical composition is similar to 00:09:840 (3,4) - so personally think that using the rhythm in 00:09:840 (3,4) - would be better
  2. 00:39:294 - 01:56:203 - rhythm suggestion to fill in the 2/1 gaps https://puu.sh/y9bQG/8a45d7f6b5.JPG
  3. 00:55:658 (1,2,3) - the only part in which this distance snapping is used and it's really confusing, though the rhythm is unavoidable. personally would propose to map on active notes and avoid the usage of circles in this part + 00:58:522 (4) - a wild note. suggestion https://puu.sh/y9c4J/a36ef4d032.JPG
  4. 01:58:385 - it's really awkward to leave a huge gap here, ignoring the major percussion beats but only focusing on the upcoming vocals. personally think both needs to be emphasized and therefore mapped. same in advanced
  • advanced
  1. 00:46:658 - 00:53:203 - missed notes for the snare / vocals + 00:46:863 (1) - 00:53:408 (1) - could consider to shorten the sliders to 3/4 to correspond to the music better
  2. 00:49:726 (2) - consider to split the slider into a circle followed by a 1/2 slider for better music correspondence
  3. 01:31:658 - why alter back the distance snapping from this point on? it makes the aesthetic untidy as well
  • insane
  1. 00:28:658 (3) - could consider stack with head of 00:27:840 (1) - for better distance-time and aesthetic
  2. 01:50:476 (1,1,1) - following the drum triplets here might confuse the players since it's relatively minor if compared to the vocals
hell yes this song is great. hope I helped. good luck in everything!
posted
whoa where did this come from

  • normal
  1. 00:06:567 (3,4) - these two notes are weaker in rhythm coverage even though the musical composition is similar to 00:09:840 (3,4) - so personally think that using the rhythm in 00:09:840 (3,4) - would be better the vocals at 00:09:840 (3,4) - are significantly more intense so i wanted to map that accordingly, plus at 00:06:567 (3,4) - you can hear the guitars emphasize these notes specifically and i wanted to break up the generic slider rhythms.
  2. 00:39:294 - 01:56:203 - rhythm suggestion to fill in the 2/1 gaps https://puu.sh/y9bQG/8a45d7f6b5.JPG i dont really wanna use any 1/1 clicking since it's such high bpm
  3. 00:55:658 (1,2,3) - the only part in which this distance snapping is used and it's really confusing, though the rhythm is unavoidable. personally would propose to map on active notes and avoid the usage of circles in this part + 00:58:522 (4) - a wild note. suggestion
    https://puu.sh/y9c4J/a36ef4d032.JPG yea i didnt use the 1/2 slider cause its like a basic easy normal but i did change the rhythm
  4. 01:58:385 - it's really awkward to leave a huge gap here, ignoring the major percussion beats but only focusing on the upcoming vocals. personally think both needs to be emphasized and therefore mapped. same in advanced eh i disagree, it's not strong enough for me to want to map, especially for an easy diff.
  • advanced
  1. 00:46:658 - 00:53:203 - missed notes for the snare / vocals + 00:46:863 (1) - 00:53:408 (1) - could consider to shorten the sliders to 3/4 to correspond to the music better first part yea fixed, second part nope i think the sliders right now fit the music better
  2. 00:49:726 (2) - consider to split the slider into a circle followed by a 1/2 slider for better music correspondence yea sure
  3. 01:31:658 - why alter back the distance snapping from this point on? it makes the aesthetic untidy as well what the ds is the same
  • insane
  1. 00:28:658 (3) - could consider stack with head of 00:27:840 (1) - for better distance-time and aesthetic yea sure
  2. 01:50:476 (1,1,1) - following the drum triplets here might confuse the players since it's relatively minor if compared to the vocals idk i think it stands out because its the only triplets in the song

hell yes this song is great. hope I helped. good luck in everything! enjoy your 2kd xd
posted
Found this on #modreqs

Good song pick, I can imagine Lesjuh mapping it.

[Advanced]
Current AR is a heavy pain for eyes, barely FCed. Raise it to 6.
Check also for unused green lines, some can affect on sliders in wrong way, for example 00:27:499 with 5% volume.

i bet 3,5 AR here is accidentally
[Seni's hard]
Seek too for unused green lines.
00:28:658 (1,2,3) - random spacing change is here
01:32:476 (1,2,3) - same too
I think just adjust circles with number 2 and finito.
[DavidEd's Insane]
I guess this map is hitsounded by La Cataline.
just kidding

Nothing more i guess. Biggest fail happened on Advanced.
posted

ReFaller wrote:

[Advanced]
Current AR is a heavy pain for eyes, barely FCed. Raise it to 6. yea
Check also for unused green lines, some can affect on sliders in wrong way, for example 00:27:499 with 5% volume. uh i dont think it really matters what are u gonna save like 100B file size

i bet 3,5 AR here is accidentally yea changed to 6
[Seni's hard]
Seek too for unused green lines. uh i dont really think it matters

Nothing more i guess. Biggest fail happened on Advanced.
epic fail :^)
thank
posted
Posting half of a mod here as a reminder to finish looking at this.

General
sb\f\0027.png
sb\f\0044.png
sb\f\0045.png
sb\f\0048.png
sb\f\004c.png
sb\f\004e.png
sb\f\0056.png


Normal
- 00:28:658 (2) - Touches health bar. You can leave this if you want, but pointing it out in case you don't like it.
- 00:52:385 (3,4) - I think this visual flow could be improved, since 3 doesn#'t point into 4 so smoothly. Also this is a preference thing, but I feel like having 4 be a linear bend slider would fit well for this.
- 00:57:294 (4) - Would probably NC here since the vocals change kinda significantly here. It would probably make the change to 1/1 rhythm a bit clearer too.
- 01:06:567 (2,3) - Might as well find a way to avoid this overlap (or make it overlap a bit more) since having it touch half of the slider border looks kinda unpolished.
- 01:08:749 (1) - Health bar.

Advanced
- 00:00:022 (1,2,3) etc - I don't really like the DS you used for the 1/2 combos where each object is overlapping by small amounts. They make the map look pretty unpolished, where spacing them out slightly more would look a lot better and wouldn't hinder playabilty much at all. I would advise going through the whole map to fix these DS overlaps (especially the final sets kiai, which for some reason is using lower DS than the first set).
- 00:01:658 (1,2,3) - 00:04:931 (1,2,3) etc - I feel like following the drum beats a bit more accurately for these combos when the vocals aren't doing anything would fit better for these, i.e. mapping to the red ticks which to me sound to have louder snares. My suggestion would be this:

- 00:08:203 (1,2,3) - This would work especially better for this since the vocals start on the red tick too.
- 00:12:022 (2) - Health bar.
- 00:22:931 (1) - Would be better following a similar 1/1 rhythm to 00:21:294 (1,2,3) since the guitar is the more prominient instrument here, and it repeats its rhythm here. It's more intuitive than adding a 3/2 gap to me anyway.
- 00:31:931 (3) - 00:38:476 (3) etc - I'm thinking that a 1/2 slider for this would fit better to match the held vocals, and act as a better transition into the 1/2 circles.
== 00:44:204 (1) - This is unsnapped by 1ms, where if you snap it back, the SV change breaks it.
- 00:46:863 (2) - 00:53:408 (2) - Reverse 1/2 would fit better for mapping the drum sounds I feel.
- 01:07:112 (1,2,3,4) - How about arranging it something like this so the flow uses sharper angles to emphasise the higher intensity section better:

- 01:14:749 (4) - 01:16:385 (4) etc - Replacing these with circle-slider would fit better with the guitar rhythm and match with all of the 1/2 sliders you put in this section I think.

- 01:17:749 (4) - 01:21:021 (4) - Two 1/1 sliders would bit better for matching when the vocals shout "power".


Seni's Hard seems good.

Insane
- 00:29:067 (5) - This slider doesn't need anything fancy since there's nothing in the music that needs emphasising. Just using a regular curve is enough.
- 01:04:521 - This would work better if mapping to an active beat I think. I don't think 01:04:249 (3) needs to be a 1/1 anyway.
- 01:10:794 (2,3) - I would swap this rhythm around since the guitar sound is on 01:10:794 which would match better with a slider, and there is another guitar on 01:11:067 which should ideally be mapped to an active beat.
- 01:37:931 (6) - This slider seems to have the hitsounds a bit messed up.
- 01:48:021 (1) - Slider thing again.
- 01:50:476 (1,1,1) - If you want to map the 1/3 then I would say reverse 1/3 fits better and is more intuitive than 2/3 sliders that misses half of the 1/3 beats anyway and so is less intuitive.

DavidEd's Insane
- 01:08:203 (5,6) - I'd keep these parallel, since all your other pairs of 1/4 repeaters are arranged in a parallel pattern. There's not much reason to make these different.

Extra
- 00:29:476 (1,2) - Would probably do something about a higher spacing so the vocal note is emphasised better.

Expert
- 00:00:636 (7) - Missing hitsound.

Wretched
- 01:01:658 (1) - Doesn't need an NC.

I'm not so good with this genre of music and these difficulties which is why I don't really have anything useful to say about the upper diffs.

I'm also not a huge fan of what you did in the SB during the kiai times. No doubt it looks pretty good, but I don't think it's fitting for this song, and the art styles used there contrast way too heavily with the main song BG that's used everywhere outside of the kiai times. The SB itself is pretty well made, it's just the contrast in styling that I don't like.

Good luck.
posted
p/6327072 - isn't it should get a kudos? raised AR is a reason for that
posted

ReFaller wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6327072 - isn't it should get a kudos? raised AR is a reason for that
Raised AR isn't enough to give kudos IMO
posted
updated post
posted

-Mo- wrote:

Posting half of a mod here as a reminder to finish looking at this.

General
sb\f\0027.png
sb\f\0044.png
sb\f\0045.png
sb\f\0048.png
sb\f\004c.png
sb\f\004e.png
sb\f\0056.png


fixed all

Normal
- 00:28:658 (2) - Touches health bar. You can leave this if you want, but pointing it out in case you don't like it.
- 00:52:385 (3,4) - I think this visual flow could be improved, since 3 doesn#'t point into 4 so smoothly. Also this is a preference thing, but I feel like having 4 be a linear bend slider would fit well for this.
- 00:57:294 (4) - Would probably NC here since the vocals change kinda significantly here. It would probably make the change to 1/1 rhythm a bit clearer too.
- 01:06:567 (2,3) - Might as well find a way to avoid this overlap (or make it overlap a bit more) since having it touch half of the slider border looks kinda unpolished.
- 01:08:749 (1) - Health bar.

all fixed

Advanced
- 00:00:022 (1,2,3) etc - I don't really like the DS you used for the 1/2 combos where each object is overlapping by small amounts. They make the map look pretty unpolished, where spacing them out slightly more would look a lot better and wouldn't hinder playabilty much at all. I would advise going through the whole map to fix these DS overlaps (especially the final sets kiai, which for some reason is using lower DS than the first set). yeah i was using 1.0x SV for the last kiai, i mapped each half of this song like months apart so that explains why i could have f'ed it up. also fixed that aesthetic thing
- 00:01:658 (1,2,3) - 00:04:931 (1,2,3) etc - I feel like following the drum beats a bit more accurately for these combos when the vocals aren't doing anything would fit better for these, i.e. mapping to the red ticks which to me sound to have louder snares. My suggestion would be this:

in my opinion, the repetitive snare beat kinda gets drowned out to me and the snares dont sound overly emphasized. if anything, mapping on the white ticks follows the vocals mostly and the guitar.
- 00:08:203 (1,2,3) - This would work especially better for this since the vocals start on the red tick too. here i agree since there are vocals here
- 00:12:022 (2) - Health bar. fixx
- 00:22:931 (1) - Would be better following a similar 1/1 rhythm to 00:21:294 (1,2,3) since the guitar is the more prominient instrument here, and it repeats its rhythm here. It's more intuitive than adding a 3/2 gap to me anyway. added another set of 1/1 sliders to emphasize guitars + vocals
- 00:31:931 (3) - 00:38:476 (3) etc - I'm thinking that a 1/2 slider for this would fit better to match the held vocals, and act as a better transition into the 1/2 circles. idk i think in this case the snare cuts through the rest of the music really hard so just the circle represents that harsh/short sound better, and at that point i think it gets weird to play
== 00:44:204 (1) - This is unsnapped by 1ms, where if you snap it back, the SV change breaks it. fixed oops
- 00:46:863 (2) - 00:53:408 (2) - Reverse 1/2 would fit better for mapping the drum sounds I feel. i tried this but it feels weird because the notes at 00:47:067 - arent as loud as the other ones, so i think im gonna keep it as it is
- 01:07:112 (1,2,3,4) - How about arranging it something like this so the flow uses sharper angles to emphasise the higher intensity section better:

it already uses relatively sharp angles and doing what you put forth as an example would break DS too much imo
- 01:14:749 (4) - 01:16:385 (4) etc - Replacing these with circle-slider would fit better with the guitar rhythm and match with all of the 1/2 sliders you put in this section I think.
ye i did some stuff
- 01:17:749 (4) - 01:21:021 (4) - Two 1/1 sliders would bit better for matching when the vocals shout "power".


Insane
- 00:29:067 (5) - This slider doesn't need anything fancy since there's nothing in the music that needs emphasising. Just using a regular curve is enough. tru lol
- 01:04:521 - This would work better if mapping to an active beat I think. I don't think 01:04:249 (3) needs to be a 1/1 anyway. how i hear the guitar melody is there are four sets of three 8th notes that go in a pattern together (starting at 01:03:840 (1) - ). the first three, third three, and fourth three all have three guitar notes, while the second only has the one at the beginning and end. i hear the separation of the patterns in my head like how i mapped it, so i mapped it this way.
- 01:10:794 (2,3) - I would swap this rhythm around since the guitar sound is on 01:10:794 which would match better with a slider, and there is another guitar on 01:11:067 which should ideally be mapped to an active beat. yE
- 01:37:931 (6) - This slider seems to have the hitsounds a bit messed up. only a lil
- 01:48:021 (1) - Slider thing again. god what was i thinking when i made this diff
- 01:50:476 (1,1,1) - If you want to map the 1/3 then I would say reverse 1/3 fits better and is more intuitive than 2/3 sliders that misses half of the 1/3 beats anyway and so is less intuitive. i agree .

DavidEd's Insane
- 01:08:203 (5,6) - I'd keep these parallel, since all your other pairs of 1/4 repeaters are arranged in a parallel pattern. There's not much reason to make these different. ye sure ill fix

Extra
- 00:29:476 (1,2) - Would probably do something about a higher spacing so the vocal note is emphasised better. uh !

Expert
- 00:00:636 (7) - Missing hitsound. no its not

Wretched
- 01:01:658 (1) - Doesn't need an NC. ye

I'm not so good with this genre of music and these difficulties which is why I don't really have anything useful to say about the upper diffs.

I'm also not a huge fan of what you did in the SB during the kiai times. No doubt it looks pretty good, but I don't think it's fitting for this song, and the art styles used there contrast way too heavily with the main song BG that's used everywhere outside of the kiai times. The SB itself is pretty well made, it's just the contrast in styling that I don't like. b-but.. align the stones. . . in the sand. . and its mikasa .. . .. . .

Good luck.
thansk oWO can i thank u enough . .. . : ) ) ) < 3
posted
a little update for my diffs http://puu.sh/yqtVi/853858881b.rar
posted
anyone have the older background? i forgot to save it before updating completely ;w;
show more
Please sign in to reply.