forum

Best mouse for osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
N0thingSpecial

Rurree wrote:

$60 USD, usually.
where the hell do you buy your gaming mouse, I got my deathadder (which broke) 1st hand for 35 USD, and I got my G303 also 1st hand for 40 USD
KanoSet

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Rurree wrote:

$60 USD, usually.
where the hell do you buy your gaming mouse, I got my deathadder (which broke) 1st hand for 35 USD, and I got my G303 also 1st hand for 40 USD
buy me a mouse pls
my da chroma costed me like 70 usd
Rurree
You could always get a Rival 300 and a Deathadder cheaper if they're the last ones on stock or if it's a Black Friday sale. Anywhere else, it's always at $59.99. Also, the G303 really is cheaper than the Rival 300 and the Deathadder, due to it being considerably smaller and being a bit low on the quality side.

Zowie mices are always in that price range though.
Topic Starter
Binzy_Boi
delete this post
The Gambler

Binzhou5 wrote:

How long do they often last? That's also an important factor. I've heard stories of people going through four deathadders in a year's time. Is this truly how long they last?
Not very long but it sure is comfy as hell...
Sayorie

Binzhou5 wrote:

How long do they often last? That's also an important factor. I've heard stories of people going through four deathadders in a year's time. Is this truly how long they last?

You can never be so sure about any product's build quality, no matter which brand. Those who buy four deathadders in a year are stupid because they don't make use of its warranty. If you're worried about quality, find a good mouse with a warranty that lasts for a year or more, and just replace it if anything goes wrong.
Rurree
If you want a mouse with impeccable build quality, go for Zowie or Steelseries instead. While the Deathadder may not have that bad of a build quality as some people may say, it still is inferior compared to the aforementioned mice when it comes to the premium feel and longevity. There are warranties though, make use of it. It can be a bit of a hassle though, especially if you have to ship it.
N0thingSpecial
tbh if it's for a youth centre, any gaming mouse under $30 with optical sensor would do it, since people with different hand size and stuff would be using it, choose midium size ambidextrous mouse with a simple shape.
Topic Starter
Binzy_Boi
delete this post
Scarlet Evans
I am using Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex and I can really recommend it! I heard that many other players are using it too. It's looks like this:-->click<--

It's fairly small mouse, good for fingertips and claw grip, quite light and very good, when it goes to its performance. It's shape, aside of two additional buttons that are only on the left side, makes it ambidextrous. I heard that some people don't like the shape, but I personally love it. It's great for fingertips grip and I personally don't like mice with "big asses" ;P Also, thanks to it's shape my fingers don't slide out after getting sweaty, like with some other mice.

Whatever you was to buy, I would advise you to at least try to find an opportunity to hold the mouse IRL. Some markets and shops with electronics, like Media Markt, Saturn and countless other, maybe even most computer shops, will allow you to hold and try the mouse before buying it. Don't buy something blindfolded, because if it happens to be uncomfortable for your hand for some reason, you will probably regret it later.

I was surprised how much capricious I was, when I went to do it myself! This mouse is too big, this one is too curved, this shape is uncomfortable, at this one my fingers will slide too much, this one have too big ass rear and I can't hold it properly with my fingers, another two too big ones, then too heavy one, this one is right-handed, but feels like left-handed for me and it's weird to hold it, then a mouse with too big friction, even though its undercoat is new... then mice that needs too much of force for a click... etc. ... etc... and these were all gaming mouses :P
Paneiru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H-lTpgHXmw I found this video quite informative, and I myself use the Roccat Kone pure (laser) which he did mention had a strange shape but was overall good
The Gambler

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I am using Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex and I can really recommend it! I heard that many other players are using it too. It's looks like this:-->click<--

It's fairly small mouse, good for fingertips and claw grip, quite light and very good, when it goes to its performance. It's shape, aside of two additional buttons that are only on the left side, makes it ambidextrous. I heard that some people don't like the shape, but I personally love it. It's great for fingertips grip and I personally don't like mice with "big asses" ;P Also, thanks to it's shape my fingers don't slide out after getting sweaty, like with some other mice.

Whatever you was to buy, I would advise you to at least try to find an opportunity to hold the mouse IRL. Some markets and shops with electronics, like Media Markt, Saturn and countless other, maybe even most computer shops, will allow you to hold and try the mouse before buying it. Don't buy something blindfolded, because if it happens to be uncomfortable for your hand for some reason, you will probably regret it later.

I was surprised how much capricious I was, when I went to do it myself! This mouse is too big, this one is too curved, this shape is uncomfortable, at this one my fingers will slide too much, this one have too big ass rear and I can't hold it properly with my fingers, another two too big ones, then too heavy one, this one is right-handed, but feels like left-handed for me and it's weird to hold it, then a mouse with too big friction, even though its undercoat is new... then mice that needs too much of force for a click... etc. ... etc... and these were all gaming mouses :P
Tried the G302 at the store, angles cut deep into hand
TakuMii
If you want a nice mouse on the cheap, I'd suggest the Zalman ZM-M600R. It's basically just a rebranded Skydigital Nmouse4K (which coincidentally happens to be the mouse that Angelsim uses). Honestly, I'd even recommend going to the Skydigital website and flashing their firmware on there instead of Zalman's.

The shape is a basic ambidextrous shape with no side buttons (kinda like the Logitech G100S), which isn't the most comfortable, but isn't bad. The build quality is solid, and the mouse has a removable weight inside (if you're into disassembly). It uses an Avago 3090 optical sensor which performs terrifically (even with the 4000dpi SROM), especially considering that it maintains 1000Hz more consistently than any other mice I've ever tried. But most importantly, it's been benchmarked to be one of, if not the most responsive mice in terms of button latency (which can make a noticeable difference in gameplay if you play mouse-only and/or other games).

Just a few tips about setting up this mouse though:
lots of text
1) The default DPI steps are weird and aren't native for some reason (the default settings are 600/1000/1600/4000 even though the native steps of the sensor are 800/1600/3200/4000), but the settings allow you to assign different DPI settings to the physical switch on the bottom of the mouse, and the mouse will remember these settings even if you uninstall the software or move to a different PC. I'd suggest to change the mouse's DPI settings to match the sensor's native DPI steps in the software for optimum performance, but I'd also recommend playing at 800dpi as the higher settings will make the cursor faster and less controllable.
2) Angle Snapping is enabled by default and should be turned off in the software. It'll only serve to harm your accuracy (well, unless you love drawing straight lines instead of playing games)
3) There is also an LOD setting in the software, which is pretty rare for mice with this sensor as far as I know. Low causes the mouse to reduce the noticeably high liftoff tracking distance of the Avago 3090 sensor, while Off causes the sensor's liftoff to behave as-is. I play a lot of FPS games so I'd recommend to set it to Low, but you may want to set it to Off if a high liftoff distance benefits your playstyle.
4) I've mentioned this already, but use the Skydigital firmware instead of Zalman's. There have been reports of the Zalman firmware bricking mice, but since the mouse itself is exactly the same as the Skydigital mouse, you can use the Skydigital firmware, which is safer and still gets updated.
You can get the firmware and the software at Skydigital's Korean website. The firmware should be the second link on the list; make sure to flash the mouse before installing the software, or you may run into detection issues (You may need a second mouse for this process. Also, Google Translate is your friend). The software is in the first link and includes English, so it shouldn't be a problem once it's installed.
...I may have gotten a little too excited and wrote too much
but hey I got this mouse for $21 USD+shipping and it's ridiculously good for that price
Scarlet Evans

The Gambler wrote:

Yup, just like I said not everyone likes the shape, but some people love it - not a mouse for everyone and not for every hand and grip, which is why I encouraged to try it out, before buying :) I hope you've got a mouse suiting you =)

If someone is interested about the differences between G302 and G303:
Logitech G302 VS G303 Comparison Review (it's not so expensive now, so the price argument is not really valid now :P And the cable in G303 is quite nice!)
PinkieBarto
I found 2 mice that I want to buy, Razer Deathadder Chroma and Steelseries Rival 300 and I found this thread, by reading all the comments here I can't decide which one to go for still.. I currently use Razer Abyssus.
Rurree
Both are fine but the Steelseries Rival 300 have better ergonomics and build quality. Deathadder has a more snappy sensor (Avago S3989, Rival 300 uses PMW3310 which is the standard among top-competitive mice) but I doubt you could notice that much of a difference when in game.
The Gambler

Scarlet Evans wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

Yup, just like I said not everyone likes the shape, but some people love it - not a mouse for everyone and not for every hand and grip, which is why I encouraged to try it out, before buying :) I hope you've got a mouse suiting you =)

If someone is interested about the differences between G302 and G303:
Logitech G302 VS G303 Comparison Review (it's not so expensive now, so the price argument is not really valid now :P And the cable in G303 is quite nice!)
Pretty sure it's just a mouse feet and sensor change
Sayorie

PinkieBarto wrote:

I found 2 mice that I want to buy, Razer Deathadder Chroma and Steelseries Rival 300 and I found this thread, by reading all the comments here I can't decide which one to go for still.. I currently use Razer Abyssus.
Deathadder because of those godsend side grips which are soooo good.
TakuMii

Arthraxium wrote:

Deathadder because of those godsend side grips which are soooo good.
The Rival has side grips too :roll:
PinkieBarto

Rurree wrote:

Both are fine but the Steelseries Rival 300 have better ergonomics and build quality. Deathadder has a more snappy sensor (Avago S3989, Rival 300 uses PMW3310 which is the standard among top-competitive mice) but I doubt you could notice that much of a difference when in game.
Decided to order the Rival 300, thanks :)
Sayorie
Build quality? Steelseries of course. Ergonomics? I have both mice and most of my friends chose DA after testing out both.
Avalar

Binzhou5 wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Wtf, another best left clicker?

Get a keyboard.
haha, who else is there?
I'd strongly recommend that if you do get a new mouse, that it has a PMW33XX sensor (the name of the sensor starts with PMW33). PMW3366 is the best sensor on the market, but is currently exclusive to Logitech, and only put in three of their mice; the G303, G502, and the G900. Unfortunately, The G502 (the one I own) is quite heavy and could be hard to get used to, while the G900 costs $150 The G303 is a decent mouse, but I've heard from many people saying their hands hurt after using it a few hours.

Anyway, if you're not happy with those, there's plenty of mice on the market with the PMW3360 sensor, or the sensor from the previous generation. All of which are great sensors and come with 0 hardware acceleration; something you definitely want when trying to be accurate.

PS: And no, you're not the only left clicker. :') I only wish I had learned to play the game with the keyboard keys alone from the beginning, as it is quite difficult to point and click effortlessly with a ~130g mouse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSiWH_QNoqI
The Gambler

Avalarr wrote:

-snip-
You're forgetting the good ol' Avago 3090 mice out there. For what they are worth they were the old "beast" sensors.
Runiel
Any mouse is fine

Look at this guy: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/692065

he uses some chinese mouse, yet he is the best in his country
Fxjlk

RunielVermell wrote:

Any mouse is fine

Look at this guy: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/692065

he uses some chinese mouse, yet he is the second best in his country
Ftfy
Fxjlk
Also you probably don't need a keyboard either, this player is mouse only https://osu.ppy.sh/u/286740 and is a really good player (#290)
qmaz
I'd say avoid Rival 300, i own that shit and i think It's too heavy and too large for playing osu, others games are fine.
Get something that has optical sensor(most recent if possible, not outdated and shit), isn't too heavy and isn't too large.
TakuMii
There's nothing wrong with having an outdated sensor... Even though the Avago 3090 needs to be set to 800dpi to perform at its best, it's still one of the best sensors on the market.

Also, the G100S may be a nice choice for a lightweight mouse. While its sensor has a fairly limiting max speed, it performs fantastically within its limits and will not hold you back in a game like osu!. I wouldn't recommend it for FPS games though.
Rurree

qmaz wrote:

I'd say avoid Rival 300, i own that shit and i think It's too heavy and too large for playing osu, others games are fine.
Get something that has optical sensor(most recent if possible, not outdated and shit), isn't too heavy and isn't too large.
It depends on your hand size. I own the Rival 300 and it's perfect for me when playing CS:GO and Overwatch, which isn't way too far off compared to osu. If you're a person with small hands avoid the Rival 300 and get a Zowie mice (ZA, FK, EC.. depends on your grip) or a Logitech G303 (if you're okay with the shape) but if you have medium to large hands then the Rival 300 is a great choice. The only mice you should definitely avoid that is popular is the Logitech G502, that thing is a fucking brick and makes every fast-paced game nearly unplayable unless you're a guy with ripped biceps..
The Gambler

Rurree wrote:

qmaz wrote:

It depends on your hand size. I own the Rival 300 and it's perfect for me when playing CS:GO and Overwatch, which isn't way too far off compared to osu. If you're a person with small hands avoid the Rival 300 and get a Zowie mice (ZA, FK, EC.. depends on your grip) or a Logitech G303 (if you're okay with the shape) but if you have medium to large hands then the Rival 300 is a great choice. The only mice you should definitely avoid that is popular is the Logitech G502, that thing is a fucking brick and makes every fast-paced game nearly unplayable unless you're a guy with ripped biceps..
If G502 is a brick then that makes my G602 a freaking lead weight. Although I would say the wireless tracking is more than sufficient for fast maps in osu!, as a current owner.
Rurree
I don't even consider the G602 a gaming mice, while the ergonomics are nice and will be comfortable for multimedia use, with its weight being up at 152g, I can never see myself aiming well with that mouse. Even if I'm an ultimate frisbee player, which means my arms and wrists are pretty strong.
Xyrus_old_1
You don't need particularly strong wrists to use a heavy mouse. I have no problems using my G502 with all 5 additional weights and my wrists aren't any stronger than the average person's.
Avalar
I'd say the surface you're tracking on is more important than the mouse you're using, just as long as the mice you're using doesn't have built-in hardware acceleration. I used my Razer Goliathus Speed edition mousepad for only two weeks before noticing discrepancies in the way my mouse tracked over some parts of the pad compared to others. Had to get a new mousepad just for Osu; the Roccat Sense is great for this. :)
TakuMii

Avalarr wrote:

I'd say the surface you're tracking on is more important than the mouse you're using, just as long as the mice you're using doesn't have built-in hardware acceleration. I used my Razer Goliathus Speed edition mousepad for only two weeks before noticing discrepancies in the way my mouse tracked over some parts of the pad compared to others. Had to get a new mousepad just for Osu; the Roccat Sense is great for this. :)
Problems like that still have a lot to do with the mouse you're using. Some mice have issues tracking on coloured surfaces, while other mice have no problems whatsoever. It really doesn't have much to do with the quality of the surface itself.

And honestly, the Razer Goliathus Speed isn't bad. I do think it's a tad overpriced though.
Sayorie

Xyrus wrote:

You don't need particularly strong wrists to use a heavy mouse. I have no problems using my G502 with all 5 additional weights and my wrists aren't any stronger than the average person's.
It's damn heavy if you lift the mouse a lot while using low dpi, especially on games like CS:GO. Not really a problem for osu! since you don't want to lift the mouse as much as possible, but it's heavy for anything else.
Xyrus_old_1

Arthraxium wrote:

Xyrus wrote:

It's damn heavy if you lift the mouse a lot while using low dpi, especially on games like CS:GO. Not really a problem for osu! since you don't want to lift the mouse as much as possible, but it's heavy for anything else.
Not sure why you'd buy a heavy mouse if you're going to use low DPI though. :?
Scarlet Evans

Xyrus wrote:

First thing I thought about after reading this and seeing your avatar :P

Can I ask what grip do you use? I think that majority of players use palm or claw grip, but for fingertips grip the weight can matter much more, at least in my case.
Aside of cable, my mouse weights 87 gram, which I suppose is very light? But even with that, my forearm gets tired quite quickly in longer playing sessions and I start to play <2 minute long songs (or just something easier). I tried some heavier mice and I think I would have problems with them >///<.
N0thingSpecial
I use G303, shit is light and I use fingertip grip, FCing 5 minutes maps isn't a major problem. And before that I use death adder which I still FC 5 minutes long maps, you need to play more.
Minegamezz
I would recommend any Logitec-mouse that you can get with your budget.
Another thing I would recommend you is learning to tap with your keyboard.
It will improve your aim and timimg-precision since you use both your hands.
And your right hand doesn´t have to do everything.

Have a good day,
~Minegamezz
Xyrus_old_1

Scarlet Evans wrote:

First thing I thought about after reading this and seeing your avatar :P

Can I ask what grip do you use?
Palm grip
show more